IGNORED

Alyssa Bates' FIL at it again-Gothardite congressman Merged

HereticHick

Sorry mods, if you think this should be merged with the other Bates or Alyssa Webster topic please do so.

Just saw this on Alyssa's instagram, lol, sotdrt..... :angry-banghead: :wtf:

Let's all "vote" for her father-in-law for speaker because obviously the school of the dining room table gave her an excellent education in terms of U.S. government "basics" and Alyssa would really, REALLY appreciate it!

Wait, so she doesn't explain WHY they should vote for him? Just because he's her dishy husband's daddy and she dresses real cute y'all, so help a sister out?

Jesus, it's a seventh grade student council election.

Also, nothing says serious political comment like writing "I would really [REALLY] appreciate it if U would go vote 4 him." :lol: She must be using Clare Booth Luce's essays as inspiration for her social media work.

Can we finally all just agree now that these idiots are way too young to have gotten married and reproduced?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, so she doesn't explain WHY they should vote for him? Just because he's her dishy husband's daddy and she dresses real cute y'all, so help a sister out?

Jesus, it's a seventh grade student council election.

Also, nothing says serious political comment like writing "I would really [REALLY] appreciate it if U would go vote 4 him." :lol: She must be using Clare Booth Luce's essays as inspiration for her social media work.

Can we finally all just agree now that these idiots are way too young to have gotten married and reproduced?

I agree! Really REALLY.

I agree! Really REALLY.

Like totes rilly RILLY? Oh.my.gerd Kak, UR like mah new BFF! #shipping

It sounds like someone got confused and instead asking people to vote for her dog as Purina's cutest puppy so she could win a year's supply of kibble, asked them to vote for Speaker of the House instead.

Dear Alyssa,

The Speaker of the House—THIRD IN LINE TO TAKE OVER THE PRESIDENCY IF THE VICE PRESIDENT IS UNABLE—is not a Facebook popularity contest.

Sometimes I get really scared when I realise just how powerful the US is in world terms, and then I read stuff like the above - just who the fuck is electing your president? We have a vested interest - what your country does, economically, fiscally, militarily - affects the rest of the world, and I would really prefer that the people electing your leader were at least politically literate - or at least literate.....or at least aware there IS a rest of the world...or perhaps understand how your own system works....or that tv political adverts, or what the preacher says, are not necessarily the word of g-d, and that it is possible to read LOTS of books and come to your own decisions which may differ from your parents...Oh, sorry, I slipped into Oz for a minute.

Please, all you educated and/or aware Americans out there, go vote, and get your friends to do so - I am NOT saying which way, I respect your judgment to decide that. But don't let ignorance, apathy and money decide who rules the world!

ETA Although I know who I would vote for..

Sometimes I get really scared when I realise just how powerful the US is in world terms, and then I read stuff like the above - just who the fuck is electing your president? We have a vested interest - what your country does, economically, fiscally, militarily - affects the rest of the world, and I would really prefer that the people electing your leader were at least politically literate - or at least literate.....or at least aware there IS a rest of the world...or perhaps understand how your own system works....or that tv political adverts, or what the preacher says, are not necessarily the word of g-d, and that it is possible to read LOTS of books and come to your own decisions which may differ from your parents...Oh, sorry, I slipped into Oz for a minute.

Please, all you educated and/or aware Americans out there, go vote, and get your friends to do so - I am NOT saying which way, I respect your judgment to decide that. But don't let ignorance, apathy and money decide who rules the world!

ETA Although I know who I would vote for..

Donald Trump, right? :wink-kitty:

On a serious note, I understand your fear and frustration. The thought there are people out there who put more thought into deciding which contestant gets to stay on Dancing with the Hitchhiking Ex-Convict Dominionist Pastry Chefs than who should be POTUS really upsets me. :angry-banghead:

I live in the state that elected the Terminator for governor. I know there are people who vote for stupid reasons. Needless to say, he was a disaster. If you want to vote a certain way because a semi-Famous fundy or any fundy says to, you best just stay home on Election Day. That will be truly doing your civic duty.

I bet former Speakers such as Henry Clay, Nicholas Longworth, William Bankhead, Sam Rayburn, and Tip O'Neill are rolling over in their graves at this woman's idiocy.

Just think of what the world will think of us if Trump actually gets the nomination... democracy can be scary sometimes.

Part of the problem is that no matter how much some people think, they still won't make an intelligent long-term decision.

Plus, I'm an independent, but that doesn't mean I'm party-loyal. It drives me nuts when people are die-hard party voters. USE YOUR BRAINS. That far to either end isn't good. GAH.

Politics are scary as fuck right now man...

Trump. Webster.

I just need someone to tell me Trump cannot win.

There's no way in hell Trump is going to win.

There's no way in hell Trump is going to win.

I am not losing any sleep over Trump winning. He won't, he will implode eventually.

So far he's managed to insult nearly every demographic. The only explanation for him still being in this is that someone is falsifying polling stats. That, or people have lost their damn minds. Either seems plausible at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived