IGNORED

Alyssa Bates' FIL at it again-Gothardite congressman Merged

HereticHick

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great, more crazy.

Also, TIL that the 'House Freedom Caucus' is a thing. Freedom Caucus. Freedom for whom, exactly? :cray-cray:

Yeah, I came to the conclusion years ago that these people have very different definitions of freedom than I do.

I don't know enough about this topic to say much, but it definitely needs to be discussed. Apparently Daniel Webster is the candidate of choice for the Freedom Caucus; they are a nebulous group of maybe 40 members who claim they have enough votes to squash a candidate they don't support. As I said, I don't know much about the political nuances, but here are the articles I've seen:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the- ... ehner-out/

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/far-rig ... liban-dan/

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/d ... gns-214135

Kudos to Raw Story for tying Webster to Gothard.

Just when I was thinking that theocracy was a pipe dream.

Does anyone have a link to the video where Webster is promoting Gothard's group? I'd love for that to go viral. (OR maybe not, since I suspect a lot of the people on my fakebook would think this was great.)

What I'm seeing is a man "proving" that God want's him in office. People on a mission from God are dangerous.

[bBvideo 560,340:2j5e2qbm]

[/bBvideo]this may be it.

He made lots of commitments that changed his life but he doesn't remember what they were.

How does he plan to keep promises to God that he forgot?

That's some serious commitment...

I'm confused; did you find and link the video you referred to, or is there another video you can't find?

3:55 This motherfucker prayed that any opponents of his would lose interest in the seat, and claims that's why he's always run unopposed.

Supersticious gonorrhea malparido. I've been exposed to a whole new world of cuss words from watching Narcos on Netflix. 8-)

So riddle me this - how many in the Republican base say they want more religion in govt but when it came down to it, would quickly regret the decision to support candidates such as Webster? Especially when they discover they are the wrong strain of Christianity?

I'm confused; did you find and link the video you referred to, or is there another video you can't find?

3:55 This motherfucker prayed that any opponents of his would lose interest in the seat, and claims that's why he's always run unopposed.

Supersticious gonorrhea malparido. I've been exposed to a whole new world of cuss words from watching Narcos on Netflix. 8-)

I found this one, but am not sure if it is the one they referred to.

I asked a friend who works on the Hill about this. His response? "Even the crazies think he's crazy."

That's a comforting thought. Thanks for sharing. I will be following this thread for more info as it comes out.

Great, more crazy.

Also, TIL that the 'House Freedom Caucus' is a thing. Freedom Caucus. Freedom for whom, exactly? :cray-cray:

White, middle to upper middle class, heterosexual, Christian men.

They're the only ones we can trust with something as important as freedom. C'mon silly. :naughty:

In large part due to the Freedom Caucus's endorsement of Webster no doubt.

All this political success for the Bates' in-laws must be killing Jim Boob...

The rumor is that McCarthy dropped out because he's having an affair with Rep. Renee Ellmers. The far right is crediting the "Freedom Caucus.

The Freedom Caucus is backing Webster, but he may not have enough votes to become Speaker:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/w ... 015-214570

The Republicans are still weeping and maybe Mitt will be Speaker of House :? :lol: :

http://gawker.com/house-speaker-race-be ... 1735479333

So, let me get this straight. There's a chance, albeit a very small one, that Alyssa Bates Webster's father-in-law could become speaker of the house. You know, the next in line for the presidency after the vice president. Why God, why?

The rumor is that McCarthy dropped out because he's having an affair with Rep. Renee Ellmers. The far right is crediting the "Freedom Caucus.

The Freedom Caucus is backing Webster, but he may not have enough votes to become Speaker:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/w ... 015-214570

The Republicans are still weeping and maybe Mitt will be Speaker of House :? :lol: :

http://gawker.com/house-speaker-race-be ... 1735479333

I'd love to believe that McCarthy is jumping bones. What's the source?

Daily Kos lends credence to the rumors as well.

And THIS, my friends, is why some of us get so annoyed when posters proclaim that Alyssa is leaving Gothardism because she bought a few pairs of pants. John was brought up in a household that is likely more religious crazy than the Alyssa's household.

Daily Kos lends credence to the rumors as well.

And THIS, my friends, is why some of us get so annoyed when posters proclaim that Alyssa is leaving Gothardism because she bought a few pairs of pants. John was brought up in a household that is likely more religious crazy than the Alyssa's household.

Likely more religious crazy and obviously with more actual power and political clout...the kind of people who know enough to not look TOO different, but to remain true to the party line, without question. And in this case, the party is hosted by Gothard!

Terrifying.

Sorry mods, if you think this should be merged with the other Bates or Alyssa Webster topic please do so.

Just saw this on Alyssa's instagram, lol, sotdrt..... :angry-banghead: :wtf:

webster4ever My Father-in-Law is running 4 Speaker of the House. I would really {REALLY} appreciate it if U would go vote 4 him.

Read more at http://websta.me/n/webster4ever#I2iaxCzVXUPig816.99

Let's all "vote" for her father-in-law for speaker because obviously the school of the dining room table gave her an excellent education in terms of U.S. government "basics" and Alyssa would really, REALLY appreciate it!

She understands that the link she posted is just for a poll right? I hope she knows that voters don't vote on who will be speaker of the house. Who am I kidding, of course she doesn't know. She really believes that an online poll will help decide the next speaker. No one cares how people vote in an online poll.

She understands that the link she posted is just for a poll right? I hope she knows that voters don't vote on who will be speaker of the house. Who am I kidding, of course she doesn't know. She really believes that an online poll will help decide the next speaker. No one cares how people vote in an online poll.

I actually cringed when I read her Insta comment. Her father-in-law doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell to garner enough votes to become Speaker of the House-even if it were up to a general population vote, and not as it is, the voting members of the Republican caucus. I'm a loyal liberal, but there are a few GOP members that I can tolerate and a few of their policies; not many, but some. What the tea party has done to the GOP is just wrong. If the normal middle of the road Republicans want their party to survive, they need to make a split from the tea party.

Archived