IGNORED

Alyssa Bates' FIL at it again-Gothardite congressman Merged

HereticHick

Turn on your TVs, political buffs--Rep. Daniel Webster is running for Speaker of the House.

http://blogs.rollcall.com/218/third-can ... eakership/

Voting begins at 12:45pm today

And we know Alyssa is here in DC, per her Instagram account.

I just walked by Webster's office but the door is closed.

[not breaking the link because its a regular news site]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-2155-14451999792905_thumb.jpgRight before the voting for her FIL began, she visited the Library of Congress with her SIL Tori.

Her FIL has gotten more national press in the last few hours than in his entire career.

And I've seen at least 1 Tweet pointing out that his DIL is a reality TV star.

The UP Network is probably thrilled with the media attention.

I don't follow American politics closely enough to have much of an idea, but does he have any really chance of winning?

I don't follow American politics closely enough to have much of an idea, but does he have any really chance of winning?

No.,

He didn't win, but surprised most by getting any votes at all. This gave him some nationwide exposure that he's never received before.

And yes, he is a pal of Gothard.

12 votes, the largest number of any of Boehner's opponents. That he pulled this little stunt does indicated how ultra-conservative he is.

He lost. He only got a small handful of votes.

No one expected him to win. He was nominated by conservative extremists to give the incumbent Speaker Boehner a scare. Normally, almost noone dares to nominate anyone else for Speaker.

It may sound trivial, but a surprise move like this is a BIG DEAL in American politics, and Rep. Webster has suddenly been thrust into a national spotlight that he has never had before. This makes him a ultra conservative politician with a national following, and he is a longtime known Gothard follower (and as far as I know, the only Gothard follower currently in Congress).

[attachment=0]AlyssaWebsteratLibraryofCongress.JPG[/attachment]Right before the voting for her FIL began, she visited the Library of Congress with her SIL Tori.

Belly has definitely grown since October!

No one expected him to win. He was nominated by conservative extremists to give the incumbent Speaker Boehner a scare. Normally, almost noone dares to nominate anyone else for Speaker.

It may sound trivial, but a surprise move like this is a BIG DEAL in American politics, and Rep. Webster has suddenly been thrust into a national spotlight that he has never had before. This makes him a ultra conservative politician with a national following, and he is a longtime known Gothard follower (and as far as I know, the only Gothard follower currently in Congress).

Yep, making enemies already.

Belly has definitely grown since October!

Alyssa is a lot shorter than Tori. When you're short and pregnant, you've got no place to grow but out!

I saw this on TV earlier today and it was one of those things were I knew I'd heard of this person before but it took a minute to remember where I had heard of him.

Alyssa is a lot shorter than Tori. When you're short and pregnant, you've got no place to grow but out!

Alyssa is also a lot shorter than Jill, due only about two weeks after her, but still pretty tiny, especially compared to Jill. I know, I know, every woman carries differently (and every pregnancy carries differently) but goddamn Jill is HUGE while Alyssa still looks small for someone who just entered her final trimester. I guess she'll "pop" like crazy in the next few weeks.

Looks like he's in the hot seat now!

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/b ... 14007.html

Since Webster ran for speaker as a far, far, right tea party republican, this seems to signal what Boehner and the more "mainstream" republicans should have done years ago instead of pandering to the extremists. Looks like the far right might have its wings clipped a bit. One can only hope.

Alyssa is also a lot shorter than Jill, due only about two weeks after her, but still pretty tiny, especially compared to Jill. I know, I know, every woman carries differently (and every pregnancy carries differently) but goddamn Jill is HUGE while Alyssa still looks small for someone who just entered her final trimester. I guess she'll "pop" like crazy in the next few weeks.

Jill got huge quickly but seems to have plateaued. In the latest pictures she seems to be "normal" sized for how far along she is.

It's true, Jill hasn't seemed to get much bigger since she first really popped. I actually know a woman who is due in May and she looks as big as Jill does now!

He did not expect to win. He wanted, and got his wish with bells on, to hit the headlines as an extreme Republican wannabe vs the (wishwashy in his Tea Party terms) incumbent Republican Speaker.

It's a win some, lose some situation. Certainly he got demoted from Rules, but his name is now out there in the national press. He is seeing it as a Win.

• 8 months later...

Archived