Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion -14

happy atheist

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is the general consensus as of right now:

-Jessa is still a bitch

-Ben is still a deadbeat moron

-Jill and Derick are hypocritical grifters and possibly/probably scamming everyone who's donating to their missionary 'cause'

-Jill+Derick and Jessa+Ben are getting their own TLC specials for some reason no rational human being can fathom

-Jessa is going to give birth sometime in the next month to month and a half, people wish her a long and painful labour

-Jill will probably be pregnant again by the end of the year and will find some way to upstage Jessa

-Josh is still MIA, supposedly in rehab

-Anna may or may not have taken her kids and gone to stay with her parents in Florida

-Joseph may or may not have applied for a job at Chik-Fil-A (or however you spell it, sorry, Canadian) in Tennessee

-Totally unsubstantiated rumour based on two pictures has it that Jinger and Lawson Bates are courting - silence on all fronts from both families

-Jenny got a pet guinea pig, which will hopefully not succumb to the mysterious and sinister fate of the other Duggar pets

-John-David is still flying to various places around the country

-Jana and John-David are still single and Jana is in danger of becoming a fundie old maid

-Michelle and Jim Bob are probably still ignoring their existing children as much as possible while trying for that elusive #20

Aaaaand that's all I can remember.

I think this is the general consensus as of right now:

-Jessa is still a bitch

-Ben is still a deadbeat moron

-Jill and Derick are hypocritical grifters and possibly/probably scamming everyone who's donating to their missionary 'cause'

-Jill+Derick and Jessa+Ben are getting their own TLC specials for some reason no rational human being can fathom

-Jessa is going to give birth sometime in the next month to month and a half, people wish her a long and painful labour

-Jill will probably be pregnant again by the end of the year and will find some way to upstage Jessa

-Josh is still MIA, supposedly in rehab

-Anna may or may not have taken her kids and gone to stay with her parents in Florida

-Joseph may or may not have applied for a job at Chik-Fil-A (or however you spell it, sorry, Canadian) in Tennessee

-Totally unsubstantiated rumour based on two pictures has it that Jinger and Lawson Bates are courting - silence on all fronts from both families

-Jenny got a pet guinea pig, which will hopefully not succumb to the mysterious and sinister fate of the other Duggar pets

-John-David is still flying to various places around the country

-Jana and John-David are still single and Jana is in danger of becoming a fundie old maid

-Michelle and Jim Bob are probably still ignoring their existing children as much as possible while trying for that elusive #20

Aaaaand that's all I can remember.

This is perfection.

That photo of Jenni and the guinea pig is probably the happiest I've ever seen that child. Hopefully nothing terrible happens to it, because that would be devastating.

I'm legitimately worried for that poor little girl.

My guess is that everytime Jana has a birthday and still no courtship she goes "Yes, one less blessing required!" in her head. Postponing marriage is the only accepted way of downsizing their future families for these girls. It must be so awful.

It's so odd. It's like Jana has already gone through the motherhood "stage of life" with her siblings. I can't even imagine.

Ha ha, excellent recap - I opened this page just to see what the recap would be and I wasn't disappointed!

Amazing how much we still have to snark about when they don't even have a show - imagine how much buzz there'll be when they're back on d'tellybox.... :shock:

Often here I'd see people talking about the episode where JB humps Michelle on the mini-golf course. I had this episode on my DVR. It was a replay of it, NOT from when it originally aired. And I only saw him standing behind her for a second (he bounced up and down a bit.) But that was it.

Today, I saw this. And WOW...that is NOT what was shown in the airing I have. I find it kind of funny that they edited it out for the replay. I wonder if JB told them to or what.

Often here I'd see people talking about the episode where JB humps Michelle on the mini-golf course. I had this episode on my DVR. It was a replay of it, NOT from when it originally aired. And I only saw him standing behind her for a second (he bounced up and down a bit.) But that was it.

Today, I saw this. And WOW...that is NOT what was shown in the airing I have. I find it kind of funny that they edited it out for the replay. I wonder if JB told them to or what.

I must have seen the cleaned up one, because I always thought FJers were overstating things. 1) That's disgusting. 2) If that's how he really does it, he's doing it wrong. :ew: :ew: :ew:

I must have seen the cleaned up one, because I always thought FJers were overstating things. 1) That's disgusting. 2) If that's how he really does it, he's doing it wrong. :ew: :ew: :ew:

WHO DOES THAT IN FRONT OF THEIR CHILDREN??!! The version I saw was MUCH milder than this clip. Ewww. Also, the "does that turn you on" question right before - WHUT.

WHO DOES THAT IN FRONT OF THEIR CHILDREN??!! The version I saw was MUCH milder than this clip. Ewww. Also, the "does that turn you on" question right before - WHUT.

UGH. By the, MarblesMom, your avatar is both hysterical and very disturbing. :pink-shock:

Agree with "ewww" both times ;)

I had heard of but never seen this clip before. :pink-shock:

Agree that if that's how he does it, he is somewhat lacking in skill for all his practicing.

More seriously, it seems to me that a father who behaves like this in front of his daughter and actually asks if it turns her and her boyfriend on... Well, I don't know how to put it, so let's say that he may not always be thinking about Michelle when he bangs her.

Most men I know would have ended the relationship with the girl right after her father did this unless they were madly in love... And if they had married the girl anyway, they would have taken her far away from Daddy.

Ma & Pa Duggar have some serious boundary issues with their children. That clip goes a long way toward explaining Josh's deviance.

JimBoob is the ickiest, squickiest, father I have ever seen . Downright nasty. Always making suggestive comments in front of the kids, and letting it be known the he can have sex and they can't. If Jchelle wasn't a brainwashed robot she would have called him out a long time ago. All that modesty swimwear and pixeling of knees, total hypocrisy. And kinda unhealthy psychologically too. Yuk, JB just makes me sick.

That clip was one of the major WTF Duggar moments for me. The first one was, I think, Michelle calmly smiling as she filmed Jason with her phone after her had fallen into a dark pit and broken his jaw. It was less her calm demeanor and more the fact that she was fucking filming him that got to me. The second was the mega funeral for Jubilee. What the fuck. I had been ambivalent about the Duggars before that, but I think that really put me over the line. The humping on the golf course, Jim Bob saying, "Does this turn you on?" And him and Michelle taunting Jessa and Ben, "You can't do this yet!!!" How sick and twisted do you have to be?

The last WTF Duggar moment for me prior to Josh's scandals breaking was one of the final episodes of the last season, where he and Anna go out alone together. He wins a giant stuffed bear for her at some kind of fair. Josh is totally unimpressed with this thing. They then go to some kind of home for unwed mothers/pregnant women in crisis. They spend a few awkward minutes with the people there. Then Josh says that he and Anna might something for the home out in the car. I'm thinking - this is great! You're always harping on about the evils of abortion, the poor babies being murdered by the millions. Now's your chance to put your money where your mouth it. I was expecting them to come back in with a cheque, a bunch of diapers or formula, hell, even some secondhand baby clothes. Instead, it was the FUCKING BEAR. I was disgusted! Either they or TLC or both thought this would be a cute little joke? You go and pat yourselves on the backs for mumbling a few things to women who aren't aborting their fetuses, and then you have the utter gall to pawn off this random useless piece of crap you don't want on them? Fuck you, you disgusting hypocritical asshats!

Damn, that pissed me off. Don't know you you can tell. :?

Edit: I lied. The very first WTF Duggar moment for me was when Jim Bob pretended to kidnap the Bates children. He actually led Kelly to believe that someone had driven off in their van with her children. :pull-hair:

Oh, don't get me started on the mega funeral for Jubilee. My daughter lost a baby also... and it was a quick trip to the funeral home and that was that. No service, no 1000 guests, just mom, dad and grandma. That Duggerama over the top production was really... weird.

Ma & Pa Duggar have some serious boundary issues with their children. That clip goes a long way toward explaining Josh's deviance.

:pink-shock: If they are comfortable doing/saying that in front of their children while cameras are rolling, what do you think the kids saw and heard at home? Add "women need to cover up because men can't control their urges" and "Even though men can't control themselves, they're still in charge of everything" to that mess and as Drala said, this sheds light on Josh's issues.

I know patriarchy is ingrained in fundies, but are they all this overtly sex obsessed or is that a Jim Bob thing? I can't see Gil Bates or Mr. Arndt doing that in front of their kids.

Apparently the Duggars make me so angry that I become nearly incoherent. Can't edit now, but apologies for the riffles. :doh:

Disgusting pubic bufoonery at it's finest! :dance:

The last WTF Duggar moment for me prior to Josh's scandals breaking was one of the final episodes of the last season, where he and Anna go out alone together. He wins a giant stuffed bear for her at some kind of fair. Josh is totally unimpressed with this thing. They then go to some kind of home for unwed mothers/pregnant women in crisis. They spend a few awkward minutes with the people there. Then Josh says that he and Anna might something for the home out in the car. I'm thinking - this is great! You're always harping on about the evils of abortion, the poor babies being murdered by the millions. Now's your chance to put your money where your mouth it. I was expecting them to come back in with a cheque, a bunch of diapers or formula, hell, even some secondhand baby clothes. Instead, it was the FUCKING BEAR. I was disgusted! Either they or TLC or both thought this would be a cute little joke? You go and pat yourselves on the backs for mumbling a few things to women who aren't aborting their fetuses, and then you have the utter gall to pawn off this random useless piece of crap you don't want on them? Fuck you, you disgusting hypocritical asshats!

Damn, that pissed me off. Don't know you you can tell.

I WAS SO MAD WHEN I WATCHED THAT!!! I always thought Josh was an asshole but this solidified it to me. What the hell are they suppose to do with a teddy bear!? I wonder why TLC let this air in the first place? It looked tacky as hell on both TLC and J&A's part. I mean in hindsight, now we know Josh couldn't give two shits about abortion or anything FRC preached but shit how hard was it to give money and/or baby clothes? Didn't he spend thousands on his Ashley Madison accounts?! Fucking douche.

It will never cease to amaze me how the humpers can see them behave like this (both the humping and the asshattery with the bear and so much more!) and say they are "wholesome." No, they're not. They're asshats.

Disgusting pubic bufoonery at it's finest! :dance:

I won a custom post count title and that phrase was the first thing that came to my mind

That clip was one of the major WTF Duggar moments for me. The first one was, I think, Michelle calmly smiling as she filmed Jason with her phone after her had fallen into a dark pit and broken his jaw. It was less her calm demeanor and more the fact that she was fucking filming him that got to me. The second was the mega funeral for Jubilee. What the fuck. I had been ambivalent about the Duggars before that, but I think that really put me over the line. The humping on the golf course, Jim Bob saying, "Does this turn you on?" And him and Michelle taunting Jessa and Ben, "You can't do this yet!!!" How sick and twisted do you have to be?

Damn, that pissed me off. Don't know you you can tell. :?

Edit: I lied. The very first WTF Duggar moment for me was when Jim Bob pretended to kidnap the Bates children. He actually led Kelly to believe that someone had driven off in their van with her children. :pull-hair:

Was this on an episode of 19 Kids? I need to see this! Wow.

Yes, it was one of the earlier episodes. To the best of my recollection, it went like this: The Bates family comes down to visit, and they're all in some store together. Jim Bob decides it would be ~hilarious~ to have someone (can't remember who, probably Josh because he sucks) take off in the van with a few of the Bates kids, and tell Kelly and Gil that someone just abducted their children. I am not shitting you. This actually happened. I'm looking at the episode list right now, and I'm thinking it might be episode 5 or 6 of Season 1 but I'm not sure.

• happy atheist locked and unpinned this topic

Archived