IGNORED

Famteam Youtube Vids

MatthewDuggar

I'm surprised that the other manboys are not as handy as James. Some of them seem almost frightened to touch a tool and they just leave it to James.

Agree. It's like James got his niche and he's not sharing it with anyone. Don't know about softball, but I think aside from that he's the most valuable player on the FamTeam. And I hope that gives him a little more freedom.

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'm just going with the most recent thread.

I was just snooping around the various Arndt family websites & discovered on arndtphotography.com that they did the photos/video for Jim & Meghan Edmonds wedding. For those that don't know, they are the latest "characters" on Orange County Housewives (Jim's a former Cardinals player).

If anyone watches the show, you know Meghan is quite the snoop on the internet and loves a good scandal. I would LOVE to ask her about them, or at least direct her to FreeJinger. ;)

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'm just going with the most recent thread.

I was just snooping around the various Arndt family websites & discovered on arndtphotography.com that they did the photos/video for Jim & Meghan Edmonds wedding. For those that don't know, they are the latest "characters" on Orange County Housewives (Jim's a former Cardinals player).

If anyone watches the show, you know Meghan is quite the snoop on the internet and loves a good scandal. I would LOVE to ask her about them, or at least direct her to FreeJinger. ;)

They know Jim from the glory days of the "Softball Classic" hosted by the Arndts. They would often feature one or two current or former Cardinals players. (these days the Classic has been downgraded to a triple header played on the Arndts' property with no celebrity guests).

Some of the boys are excellent photographers.

There isn't anything particularly scandalous about the Fam Team. They are fascinating for a host of reasons, but nothing that would peak the interest of someone interested in actual dirt. In fact, they are duller than dirt in most respects. The Arndts can only be appreciated in a bigger picture, anthropological sense. My guess is Meghan would see them only as nice albeit quirky guys, if she even really knows them at all.

When I have nothing better to do, I have been reading Dad's Diary a bit more slowly and carefully starting as far back as it goes (15 years). I can usually only handle about 20 minutes of it at a time.

Regarding Wizzy, back when she was exiting the toddler years, they certainly did grasp onto the gender stereotypes quite a bit. Rick mentions many times that she always wears a dress, even to the YMCA center. He states that it's due to Cathy finally having a girl and enjoying that so much. But then, a month later, he talks about how Wizzy again always wears dresses and everything she owns is pink. He goes on a short diatribe about how this is natural and organic and that males and female instinctively gravitate to these gender specific colors and clothing. He explains that this is true because she has all these brothers and they have zero impact on her femininity. Gee, maybe it's because that's all she's offered because she's 4 years old and a huge novelty to the family???

Usually Rick's pretty consistent, but when he contradicts himself he really does a good job.

Another thing is that at that time he was actually working along with the 4 older boys (only one of which actually was certified to do court reporting) and consistently talks about how unpredictable the work is and how they are scraping by. Then he says they will need to hire at least two or more outside court reporters due to all the work (one of which he hopes is Paul who is training). While soliciting for business they only send out marketing flyers to attorneys in states that are the most conservative. I'd love to have seen the list just to see how much they were limiting themselves. As if it's not possible to have conservative attorneys in more liberal states... He also made is extremely clear that Cathy's place is in the home and he absolutely does not want her taking an "outside job" to support the family. I think I'm just getting to the part where she fills in as office manager for a few years.

What does an attorney being in a conservative state have to do with anything? It doesn't say anything about the attorney's personal views, or what the attorney is willing to represent (and there are attorneys who don't give two shits about their personal beliefs when taking on cases). And it doesn't have anything to do with the content of the cases they'll be transcribing, if his goal is to shield the manboys from more lurid details.

Archived