IGNORED

Scotty Brown & Geoff Botkin - Together Again, Making $$$

hoipolloi

Got the latest Western Conservatory update today, and, whaddya know, ol' Scotty Brown & Geoff Botkin are doing the conference circuit together again. This time, there are two opportunities to fleece the sheeple teach the faithful.

First, there's "The Highway of Holiness" (ncfic.org/events/view/the_highway_of_holiness) where "...we will unfold the doctrines of the holiness of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. ." The speakers? In the immortal phrase of Mad Magazine, it's The Usual Gang of Idiots with a few new ones, probably added on the promise that they'll cash in big time -- someday, if not at this "conference."

Then, if the Holy Highway isn't enough, you can have lunch with Scotty to hear about his and other manly men's Burnings in the Soul (ncfic.org/events/view/burnings_in_the_soul_luncheon1?tab=overview).

If you are attending the Highway of Holiness Conference, please consider joining us again this year on Thursday, October 29th. for a time of fellowship and encouragement at the Burnings in the Soul Men’s Luncheon. This year, Paul Washer, John Snyder, Kevin Swanson, Jeff Pollard, Carlton McLeod and others will share what is burning in our souls. All men and boys are welcome.

We will have two and a half hours together, beginning with a very nicely appointed lunch. The cost is $35.00 per person.

Do we REALLY want to know what's burning in Scotty's and Kevin Swanson's souls?

:angry-extinguishflame:

We will have two and a half hours together, beginning with a very nicely appointed lunch. The cost is $35.00 per person.

That had better be a REALLY good lunch. 'cause I could eat five really good lunches for that, LOL. And no I don't want to know.

:brain-bleach: :hand:

Yay, I've been starved for Botkin news! I wonder if there will be recordings.

That had better be a REALLY good lunch. 'cause I could eat five really good lunches for that, LOL. And no I don't want to know.

Where can you get a really good lunch for $7?

Yay, I've been starved for Botkin news! I wonder if there will be recordings.

Where can you get a really good lunch for $7?

I'm just guessing that will be about what the actual worth of the meal might be, and there are plenty of decent restaurants you can do that for lunch - but not dinner.

Here's the bio about Geoff on Scotty's conference website:

Geoffrey Botkin is husband to Victoria, father of seven home-educated adults, a grandfather, and elder of Christ the King Church in Middle Tennessee. He and his family have taught on the Biblical Family and Fatherhood across America and overseas, through conferences, film academies, and online webinars, and through their books, recorded messages, original music, and films. Geoffrey has also lectured widely on history, media, and theology. He now serves as senior consultant to the Western Conservatory of the Arts & Sciences. He believes fathers can lead a reformation effort in deformed cultures worldwide.

He will be pontificating speaking on the topic of "How God Measures National Holiness."

Oh man, oh man. :D The Botkins were my gateway fundies, and I'm so glad they're active again to supply me with more snark material. Where do I even start?

This year, Paul Washer, John Snyder, Kevin Swanson, Jeff Pollard, Carlton McLeod and others will share what is burning in our souls.

This sounds like it's going to be an awesome slam poetry session. "And that, mybrothersandsisters in CHRIST the KING, is what is IN my ever. burning. SOUL. * fingers snapping *

Well as I expected my father is looking forward to getting his hands on the recordings and sharing them with the family, so I'm sure to be sitting through some of this at some point in the future.

I'm just guessing that will be about what the actual worth of the meal might be, and there are plenty of decent restaurants you can do that for lunch - but not dinner.

Oh, sorry, I was thinking in terms of local prices, which are higher than in the US. My mistake.

It's not a "really good" lunch, it's "nicely appointed". LOL. THAT's apparently what makes it worth $35.

Will there be any "dainty morsels" there? Oh, wait-- that's his (estranged) son-in-law's phrase.

:angry-extinguishflame:

There's an antibiotic for that.

At least we can all rest assured that A-S and E are getting to experience the adventure of choosing the fonts for the handouts, advising on the color of the napkins (white, or off white?), and making sure the recording equipment gets packed.

I got an email from Western Conservatory encouraging me to come to the conference. In the advertisement they state:

Why Should You Come to This Conference?

There is a whole generation which is walking away from the faith of their fathers. The culture around us which has declared war against the holy kingdom of God. The radical changes in American culture we are seeing are due in part to the fact that there is little affection for holiness. We must understand the doctrine of Holiness if we will be faithful in our generation.

Back in 2009 the Botkins turned out a documentary titled "Homeschool Dropouts" all about how their peers had realized they had received a sub-par education and decided they weren't homeschooling their own kids (ungrateful wretches.) Apparently that documentary didn't have quite the hoped-for effect if they have to rehash the topic.

I got an email from Western Conservatory encouraging me to come to the conference. In the advertisement they state:

Back in 2009 the Botkins turned out a documentary titled "Homeschool Dropouts" all about how their peers had realized they had received a sub-par education and decided they weren't homeschooling their own kids (ungrateful wretches.) Apparently that documentary didn't have quite the hoped-for effect if they have to rehash the topic.

Not to mention a very high percentage of those featured are now a bit of an embarrassment to the story.

That's the name of GB church? My husband and I drove past that church last week. He has family in that town.

That's the name of GB church? My husband and I drove past that church last week. He has family in that town.

Christ the King Church

That was a rhetorical question BTW.

Next time we visit I hope we don't run into the Botkins.

Here's the bio about Geoff on Scotty's conference website:

He will be pontificating speaking on the topic of "How God Measures National Holiness."

What? No reference to being a duck biologist?

Archived