IGNORED

Magnolia Pearl: What in the World?

GenerationCedarchip

Who the heck is not only buying this unbelivingly ugly stuff,  but is wearing this in public.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

53 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Who the heck is not only buying this unbelivingly ugly stuff,  but is wearing this in public.

Lisa Pennington seems to have done so.

On 5/2/2018 at 10:15 PM, ladyamylynn said:

This collection is ok I guess but honestly I think it needs more ruffles.

4daa87680a05e305abee834caa367307.jpg

Wait, isn't that Robin on the left? 

edited to add:

I found her wedding video, and I think that really is her.

I also stumbled onto that old blog post about the Rolls Royce and Airstream trailer that got the Magnolia Pearl treatment:

https://betweennapsontheporch.net/vintage-airstream-and-rolls-royce-get-a-magnolia-pearl-makeover/

Edited by Cartmann99
Added stuff
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

7 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Yeah that's Robin, she used to model for them and her hairdos were always something else!

The first time I saw that video, I said she got lost in the woods for a week after getting her hair done for the wedding.

• Haha 5

• 5 months later...

MAGNOLIA PEARL AND THE TALE OF TWO BOARDS part 1
MyckQenzye AB-SO-Fucking-Lutely loved her new skateboard

Spoiler

sieppaa1.png.0e1fc6665514e27b2b93a2dcda7f6218.png

She held it, she caressed it, she slept with it, she sat moodily  and stared at the security camera for hours with it

kuva.png.f88fb1cda69c957da7a4998483500b2a.png

The skateboard was curious and wanted to see everything. It studied the squirrels outside the window. When MyckQenzye tried to tie Chillsea's shoelaces the skateboard was there to give moral support.

"One day we might go out, you and me," MyckQenzye told the skateboard. "It'll be us against the world."

"Listen to Bob Marley," the skateboard replied.

kuva.png

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 3

Things seem to have taken a nosedive fashion wise.   MyckQenzye looks less drug addled, but clueless nonetheless. 

• Upvote 6

Okay, I've put it off long enough. I'm buying myself a new pair of sneakers before I start looking like a shoe model for Magnolia Pearl.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

Is it just me, or does this season's line look like she found the dumpster the local housepainters use?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

This site never fails to disappoint. 

But there are no tomato cages or dead chickens this time...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

There is something about the rich and moneyed thinking it is fashionable to look poor and down and out that absolutely infuriates me.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the folks at Magnolia Pearl haven't learned anything from what happened at Zara:

https://abc7chicago.com/fashion/clothing-retailer-pulls-shirt-resembling-concentration-camp-uniform/283609/

image.png.81640f98212f14df2286d0b8e9498b24.png

Unlike Zara, they even have the style, fabric, collar and stripes going the right way -- all that's missing is the star or triangle. I probably wouldn't even notice -- after all, it's just a shirt with wide vertical stripes -- if it weren't for their retro-tattered-poverty-death-chic posturing.

Spoiler

853350608_magnoliapearlconcentrationcampshirt.jpg.546f31f4b35cc02f9a8c282d40c6ef4f.jpg

Edited by thoughtful
removing extra picture
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 2

Every last piece of that clothing is wrinkled. Do you think the creator of this line would flip their shit if someone actually ironed this crap? Would their vision be destroyed?

• Haha 9

In the wedding video at 8:00, the pastor says John has a gift for Robin.

A hairbrush. A hairbrush.

Oh PLEEZE let it be a HAIRBRUSH. 

Dear God in heaven sweet baby jeebus--

Just give that woman a Hairbrush!!!!

Edited by ChickenettiLuvr
Autocorrect
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

On 11/9/2018 at 6:19 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Every last piece of that clothing is wrinkled. Do you think the creator of this line would flip their shit if someone actually ironed this crap? Would their vision be destroyed?

you ever seen a hobo with ironed clothing?

• Haha 4

• 4 months later...

Ruffletina had sprained both her ankles, but it gave her plenty of time to admire her reflection in the mirror.

Spoiler

0B0AA11C-B364-4A18-AF11-1C1EE2D05074.thumb.jpeg.f8464ed09fe155cb5967f0d589430f31.jpeg

Feeling a little better, she suddenly realised that such a messy floor could possibly hide a mouse invasion, so she quickly climbed onto a footstool just in case.

Spoiler

CFFA7D61-8096-4596-AF22-1F771DEA1603.thumb.jpeg.c3d41033a83cfc72f8c1af90d951fe62.jpeg

Nope, no mice. But her ankles were playing up again. She waited warily to see if any would appear, pulling on a pair of old decorating dungarees in case she had to do anything messy.

Spoiler

442334E4-61BC-4C4C-BEFC-965F3780050F.thumb.jpeg.980aa0f97f00eb379b254a012b119c05.jpeg

“Hmm, I don’t know if I need more flowers in my hair or not. And I think this piece would work just as well as part of a Christmas collection.”

Spoiler

3E73FE2C-A7B5-419A-9FF6-EFBE2ACC3B1F.thumb.jpeg.c666ff2302b97ec2b37ecf2630b58dc2.jpeg

A wedding was due to take place. They hired a certain Chris L Maxwell to take the photographs. This was all they found on the camera roll after he fainted from an overexposure to ungodliness.

Spoiler

503CEBCE-5E86-4A74-A31A-8E5A8BC981F2.jpeg.5f70e2040f78194115aa155a646b60ca.jpeg

Ruffletina wondered if her corsage was big enough. The peacock on her t shirt was a little concerned at the number of fabric flowers.

Spoiler

C3F2B825-2EFF-4BE2-9334-709708671F0C.jpeg.ee1acb7d6a32441e8f2ecbbb6a725018.jpeg

What Ruffletina didn’t somehow realise was that you were supposed to remove your shoes BEFORE your stockings. 

Spoiler

1ADCBEF3-D558-4C9D-8766-EAFAD4AEDD61.jpeg.1362c0f1bd1b3cc6442bc34c2909ee79.jpeg

Ruffletina felt a mosquito bite her leg and reached down to scratch it. Given the surroundings, it was surprising that nothing more serious had bitten her.

Spoiler

F6D64A6C-FE49-49BF-8644-9609C081C238.jpeg.a1d92187e615cf327d0cfa5e8aaf4acc.jpeg

She felt only slightly embarrassed that her necklace looked more like a giant ruffly pacifier clip.

Spoiler

22F15F88-DE9B-469C-9357-8B81DF538F41.jpeg.2eb9ed4a7cd3d038f18d438bea54ce35.jpeg

“Haters gonna hate.”

Spoiler

79E0BF7A-1D7C-44A7-BB3F-D1C851E475D1.jpeg.bf2dfe47e7bb080e21d827cc001ef29c.jpeg

There are so many photos and I got bored.

• Haha 22
  • Love 2

Goddamn, I feel itchy just looking at them.  Every "model" looks like she is harbouring fleas, lice, mites and/or bedbugs.  

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Goddamn, I feel itchy just looking at them.  Every "model" looks like she is harbouring fleas, lice, mites and/or bedbugs.  

I think they all look like they're hallucinating.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I think they all look like they're hallucinating.

I know I am.

• Haha 13

I know they’re probably aiming for a “moody” vibe, but they look like they’re wondering what on Earth they’re doing modelling such ridiculous clothing and are itching to get back into normal ironed clothes.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Timely!  I drove by the Magnolia Pearl "flagship" store yesterday. Moldering away in the trees, it looks slightly more decrepit/creepier than it did when we stopped by last year.  Parking lot was mostly empty on a Saturday.  

This general area is in the throes of a tsunami of wineries/vineyards/tasting rooms.  Literally, an explosion in the last five years, and three or four giant tasting rooms currently under construction. There are now 30 or more wineries/vineyards/tasting rooms in a 16-mile stretch, and that's just along the highway where MP is located. 

Surely, someone with a serious wine-tasting buzz going will look over at the Magnolia Pearl building and say, WTAF is THAT?  They'll go inside and 

• be so inebriated they buy something or
  • be so inebriated they'll say what they actually think about clothing and prices.

I feel certain that every day the MP salespeople have had many "moments" in that place -- overheard whispered discussions among visitors when they grok the clothes AND price tags. 

If Magnolia Pearl sold viable clothes and decor items, they could probably do very well.  

As I recall, the young sales women did NOT wear MP items. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • Love 4

Wait, does Ruffletina have a giant disco ball hanging from the ceiling in her disheveled mouldering vintage attic room? 

I feel like whoever designs/styles this stuff should go work for Helena Bonham Carter on movies. Because this aesthetic could make a wonderful dreamy/creepy movie setting. But I can't believe they're actually trying to sell this stuff!

I do believe they're missing an opportunity if they haven't tried to win over Gwen Shamblin to their style. I could easily see her going that way, and the rest of her cult following her. Also they could make most of the clothes in size -2 only, and save on fabric. 

Hey Magnolia Pearl. I see your vision and aesthetic. I think you're aiming the wrong direction with it! Doll clothing and movie costumes are much more up your alley, I think. Most humans don't really want to look like they rolled out of the thrift store dumpster after sleeping off a long night out.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

It's kinda fascinating to see a shop that blatantly and solely caters to rich, insensitive assholes.  Magnolia Pearl reminds me of those two self-involved dimwits who featured their "hobo wedding" on Etsy maybe ten years ago. 

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

It's kinda fascinating to see a shop that blatantly and solely caters to rich, insensitive assholes.  Magnolia Pearl reminds me of those two self-involved dimwits who featured their "hobo wedding" on Etsy maybe ten years ago. 

The hell? What is wrong with people?!?

• I Agree 2