IGNORED

Magnolia Pearl: What in the World?

GenerationCedarchip

On 4/17/2018 at 11:10 PM, Alisamer said:

Eta: OMG there is apparently a store in the next tiny town over from me that carries their stuff. I may have to stop by there some time and check it out because there is literally no one near there that would (or in most cases could) pay those prices for anything that is shown on their website. Maybe they just have jewelry or something. 

The only jewelry listed on their page is a $820 walrus tusk bracelet, which is wrong on so many levels

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 12

On 2/26/2018 at 5:38 AM, DaisyD said:

I sew for a clothing designer. She sometimes comes up with something outrageous and impractical. It's usually just a one off for something to catch people's eyes in the booth (she sells at artisan fair's all over the country). I feel bad for whoever has to sew that shit MP sells. She better pay well because they can't be proud of the stuff they make.

The claim is that their fabrics are antique or vintage.  I'd really like to know where their seamstresses are -- US or overseas? Click here for interesting reviews on TripAdvisor.

Anyway, as promised, here are a few pics from my visit in February: 

IMG_20180214_165654448.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20180214_165710272.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20180214_170354003.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20180214_165622201.jpg

Edited by Coconut Flan
Spoilers for images.
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Howl said:

The claim is that their fabrics are antique or vintage.  I'd really like to know where their seamstresses are -- US or overseas? Click here for interesting reviews on TripAdvisor.

Anyway, as promised, here are a few pics from my visit in February: 

IMG_20180214_165654448.jpg

Hide contents

IMG_20180214_165710272.jpg

Hide contents

IMG_20180214_170354003.jpg

Hide contents

IMG_20180214_165622201.jpg

They should hire a couple of their models to be out front doing chores like shelling peas or pretending to wash clothes with an old wringer washer.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

Magnolia Pearl: The Portrait of the Struggling  Young Artist

Thorazine  was  sad. Her  latest masterpiece still hadn't sold. It was called, "Jam on Cardboard that got Mouldy". If she couldn't earn some money painting soon she might have to cut off her ear and deep fry it for lunch. 
 00moldyart.PNG.cb272551af93495b5b23885dfd301498.PNG

Spoiler

Thorazine was also quite bored so she had lots of time to entertain herself with educational activities. She spent months trying to learn heel-toe walking.

00heelstep.PNG.f616641fbd089392432c3cf116fe5a3a.PNG

She studied anatomy and attempted to label her body parts correctly but the Latin was a bit of a challenge.  Still, points for trying.

00anatomy.PNG.5d09cc6d8fbcafcd645f3ed615ea6550.PNG

Thorazine was very lonely and desperate to be loved. She practiced dramatically flashing her tits in front of the windows  and hoped it would attract admirers. But eventually she had to conclude it was a waste of time as she was stuck in her tower and  there was never anyone flying outside her windows looking in.

00flashingtits.PNG.85d1f3a2ba032bdb0caf68a0a0f1f60c.PNG

She had heard clubs were great for your social life so she decided to join the Illuminati. She dressed in the pillowcase uniform and practiced the secret facepalm gesture for weeks before getting it right. However,  the drawback of  the Illuminati being a secret society was that she didn't know who any of the other members were so she didn't find any new friends that way. 

00illuminati.PNG.1d1b18d6734a39c5803b9c2e03e73054.PNG

A small comfort was touching herself.  Caressing the tips of her braids made her moan in pleasure, as her split ends were very sensitive.

00braids.PNG.c20a84fa93ed1b889a2eef6ba6965cdd.PNG

Would she ever find a friend? Would she ever find a lover? Would the rats eat her lonesome dead body like they had eaten her chair and her curtains?

00ratsescape.PNG.ee5375e6e52834ba85a715b9e163cc70.PNG

To be continued.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 36
  • Love 6

AmazonGrace, you wouldn't be the person behind Socality Barbie's Instagram, would you?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

On 4/22/2018 at 4:37 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Thorazine  was  sad. Her  latest masterpiece still hadn't sold. It was called, "Jam on Cardboard that got Mouldy".

I could read these forever! Lol I really think your commentary is brilliant @AmazonGrace! I hope there are many more posts about Thorazine & maybe her pal Lithium too! Hell all of the little lobotomies need to be included too. Please, pretty please! 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

On 4/22/2018 at 5:37 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Magnolia Pearl: The Portrait of the Struggling  Young Artist

Thorazine  was  sad. Her  latest masterpiece still hadn't sold. It was called, "Jam on Cardboard that got Mouldy". If she couldn't earn some money painting soon she might have to cut off her ear and deep fry it for lunch. 
 00moldyart.PNG.cb272551af93495b5b23885dfd301498.PNG

Hide contents

Thorazine was also quite bored so she had lots of time to entertain herself with educational activities. She spent months trying to learn heel-toe walking.

00heelstep.PNG.f616641fbd089392432c3cf116fe5a3a.PNG

She studied anatomy and attempted to label her body parts correctly but the Latin was a bit of a challenge.  Still, points for trying.

00anatomy.PNG.5d09cc6d8fbcafcd645f3ed615ea6550.PNG

Thorazine was very lonely and desperate to be loved. She practiced dramatically flashing her tits in front of the windows  and hoped it would attract admirers. But eventually she had to conclude it was a waste of time as she was stuck in her tower and  there was never anyone flying outside her windows looking in.

00flashingtits.PNG.85d1f3a2ba032bdb0caf68a0a0f1f60c.PNG

She had heard clubs were great for your social life so she decided to join the Illuminati. She dressed in the pillowcase uniform and practiced the secret facepalm gesture for weeks before getting it right. However,  the drawback of  the Illuminati being a secret society was that she didn't know who any of the other members were so she didn't find any new friends that way. 

00illuminati.PNG.1d1b18d6734a39c5803b9c2e03e73054.PNG

A small comfort was touching herself.  Caressing the tips of her braids made her moan in pleasure, as her split ends were very sensitive.

00braids.PNG.c20a84fa93ed1b889a2eef6ba6965cdd.PNG

Would she ever find a friend? Would she ever find a lover? Would the rats eat her lonesome dead body like they had eaten her chair and her curtains?

00ratsescape.PNG.ee5375e6e52834ba85a715b9e163cc70.PNG

To be continued.

Yessss! I come back after a little break from FJ, and find some snarky goodness from @AmazonGrace waiting for me! :dance:

• Upvote 7

Ok, I'll bite...

Thorazine gave the Visitor a come hither look as she kicked off her unlaced boots and backed into the corner to let her overflowing denim diaper fall seductively to the floor. 

Behind her, a small fly buzzed insistently behind the string curtain while the edges of the moldy water olour art curled slightly in the breeze.

Screenshot_2018-04-18-20-04-32-1.png

Edited by PreciousPantsofDoom
Autocorrect is weird
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 14
  • Love 2

@PreciousPantsofDoom, the bit about the fly was great!  

Can you elaborate on the outlet next to Thorazine’s shin and what she might plug into it?  .....or has her power been shut off?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

I'm driving by there tomorrow.  I'll give a wave, just in case Thorazine is looking out the window.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 5

On 22/04/2018 at 3:37 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Would the rats eat her lonesome dead body like they had eaten her chair and her curtains?

@catlady, I would guess that the rats AmazonGrace mentioned also ate the power cords connecting the window a/c units, thus leaving the outlets with nothing plugged into them.  Hmmm. Probably means the humidity is climbing in there too, which explains the frizzyness  of her hair.

What I don't get us the wooden thing next to her.  It looks like some kind of cross between a saw horse and a non-functional easel. Or a very rustic quiltless quilt rack. No, wait! Clearly its a sex thing. .....The Steinbeck, made from reclaimed untreated outhouse boards, is the hobo-dustbowl themed restraint device of Thorazine's dreams. If only she could find a buyer for some of her larger format moldy jam art pieces she might be able to get the cash together to pay the $2000 price tag. Until then she would have to be satisfied with fondling her oh so sensitive split ends and trying to expend her sexual energy with a frenzied bout of boot stomping. 

• Haha 10
  • Love 2

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9ed0d7f46309123a666687fc7246f614.png

Thorazine was thrilled to have met Abilify on EliteSingles.com; Abilify was also an artist whose preferred medium, rather than mouldy jam, was ashes from the cremated remains of the rats she caught under the floor joists of her studio. 

but Thorazine was quickly dismayed when Abilify tried to catch the rats that ate Thorazine's curtains; she'd come to think of them as family.

the relationship ended when Abilify refused to let Thorazine use their single shoelace on the day that it was Thorazine's turn to clear tumbleweeds from the yard.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16

Please keep going, like all day!

The *winsome* Adventures of Thorazine is my new fav read. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Edited by Beermeet
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

Just noticed that apparently the catalog updates on top of old photo links so when they change the collection it changes the photos that show up and some of the old  commentary doesn't make any sense anymore. If you post something from there please save  a screenshot that you upload on FJ.

---

Magnolia Pearl: The Awakenings of Young Love

Thorazine started advertising her art on Craigslist and got contacted by a number of people who wanted to sell her art supplies and an old man who wanted to buy lingerie. "Why are people so weird?!"  Her underwear wouldn't fit him anyway. Maybe it was a gift. 

One person seemed more serious, more interested in her art, more able to really understand the message Thorazine had attempted to convey. Her name was Imovane.  "I like your brushwork, and the color scheme a lot. So artistic."

"Thank you, it's one of my favorite pieces so I'm glad you like it."

00customer.PNG.cea8fd23258810d834cbbae43540bab8.PNG

"And this one seems so realistic you can almost see the treetops moving in the breeze."

"Thank you." Thorazine was silent for a while as they both gazed at the treetops in question.  "I think this is a window."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 20
  • Love 3

As Thorazine was mulling around her workshop she rents with a few other artists of similar backround and interest in dumpster diving, she saw the work of her dear friend Lunesta.   Thorazine rarely gets to see Lunesta as she's a sleepy lil' fuck.  More time to work on her art alone though, Thorazine thought.  However, when she saw Lunesta's newest line of moon themed shirts ( always with the moon theme that one), she sighed and decided she really did missed her dear old friend.  Not that Thorazine would ever do more about it than pondering  and looking perfectly forlorn.

Screenshot_20180429-135456.png

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

Thorazine loved her new shirt and would watch the phases change on it daily.  Every now and then, when the othermoon was full and Thorazine was singing with the woodpeckers, Stickfigureman would arrive with his Elixir of Insight.  Thorazine disagreed that it was an elixir of insight, as life would become incredibly dull following the shot in her ass, but she remembered what the owls had told her.  She was to become a bird spirit queen, a martyr of the feather.  An entire religion would be born of split ends, heel-to-toe step dances, and unrestrained fire.  The elixir was losing power, she could tell, as she arose like a phoenix and placed her nail clippings in circles of protection.  Wasn't it time for lunch?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

I told Hubs to wave at Thorazine in the top window as we drove by MP today.   When the time is right, I'm a gonna pull up the Magnolia Pearl catalog and let him have a gander. 

I think Lisa Pennington turned us on to the sale of the Magnolia Pearl Ranch.  Here's a blog about the sale of the ranch in Bandera, TX back in 2013.  Click here for pictures of the "ranch houses."

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, Howl said:

Things are getting crazy in that area.  Starting about 10 years ago, EVERYBODY in the area started vineyards.  I counted 31 vineyards/tasting rooms/wine cellars either right on the highway or a mile or two back on side roads, in a 20 mile stretch.  

Well, I can't hate on that!  Especially if I would be poking around Magnolia Pearl; and I would be if around the area ever.  :wine:

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I told Hubs to wave at Thorazine in the top window as we drove by MP today.   When the time is right, I'm a gonna pull up the Magnolia Pearl catalog and let him have a gander. 

I think Lisa Pennington turned us on to the sale of the Magnolia Pearl Ranch.  Here's a blog about the sale of the ranch in Bandera, TX back in 2013.  Click here for pictures of the "ranch houses."

That house tho.....

Hilarious how they feel the need to mention the house is in fact very clean, just made to look dirty, I mean artsy.

It really does look like a sweet fixer upper.  O.o

• Upvote 1

Thorazine and Imovane  spent a lot of time talking, laughing, bonding. They were amazed how much they had in common.

"Isn't it amazing that we're both wearing black and white. What a coincidence."

"Yeah and we both have clothing with shapes on it. That's so neat."

"I went to a barbecue on the fourth of July and you are wearing stars and stripes. What are the odds? "

00bonding.PNG.91354ab7f39156c9c81882c0d0352420.PNG

Spoiler

Thorazine was delighted to realize that Imovane was also a fellow anatomy student.

"If I show you my star will you show me yours?"

showmeyours.PNG.11e4e474aaed9012e7e5af65b3e08538.PNG

kuva.png.3c9f2d29441f658dc7c08dd2199edfca.png

Comparative anatomy was very interesting, but somewhat confusing. After the show and tell session Thorazine and Imovane attempted to get dressed again but there were far too many moving  parts. 

"Honey, I think the shirt sleeves should go on your arms instead of legs."

00notunderstanddressing.PNG.490ec5e2b6cbc74df790ccdc41bea5cc.PNG

"What's wrong with your shoes?"

"Why? Don't you like them?"

"They're very pretty, but one of them has some kind of string that got stuck there."

"Oh that's what you mean. Don't worry, it's supposed to be there."

"But why?"

"It's just decorative. It creates a lovely asymmetry."

"Okay. Watch out so you don't stumble on the string."

"Sometimes I use it to catch rats."

5aea2a6c76b73_holdinghands.PNG.b96ac5d412c0be3a6cf27d7112984999.PNG

"Do you like line dancing?" Imovane asked.

"I've never tried," Thorazine said, and Imovane promised to teach her.

5aea2202be240_extremelylowlamp.PNG.f9b2434a8c43a51c1bbc776bfa8dee54.PNG5aea2217670cc_moldoncanvas.PNG.32f04cb15f439b95796d3cfcc1687832.PNG

However, they soon felt like street fight veterans as they kept getting their elbows bruised by the ceiling lamps. Fortunately the ever resourceful Thorazine figured out a solution. "Just sit down and dance."linedancing.PNG.f501daaab34fd24046ef2008e8c22671.PNG

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9
  • Love 4

8 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

This collection is ok I guess but honestly I think it needs more ruffles.

There's an overabundance of shoelaces, plus those boots look new.   They're slipping at Magnolia Pearl.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Man, you guys crack me up!  Here goes my feeble attempt at adding to this faux vintage dumpster fireimage.thumb.png.abce145ec18e0b82f334204f0409f9d8.png

Thorazine and Imovane were thick as thieves and bosom buddies with matching half-boots, from the Piggly Wiggly, cherishing the one shoelace they took turns lacing because that's what friends do, they share.  Yet they also respected their differences.  While Thorazine preferred her weathered denim dungarees, even after the bleach incident, Imovane liked to kick it up a notch in her pinstriped rolled up trousers because fancy.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8