IGNORED

Magnolia Pearl: What in the World?

GenerationCedarchip

Now I am going to have Magnolia Pearl ads show up.

I guess it's supposed to be some sort of whimsical, shabby chic, country sort of look.

when looking through the gallery, I noticed some of the boots were antique which might explain the odd sizing and style with the longer more narrow toe. however, the pair being held together with twine is just sad.

here's the thing a few of the items might actually be cute if they weren't so circus tent sized, had correctly place buttons or correctly button, didn't have odd bits and pieces added to them, were made in a different fabric, or didn't look like my terrier chewed on them.

Honestly? If I saw someone out in public like this, I'd probably wonder if they had somehow wandered away from a locked facility. sqo1mf.gif

Well aren't you all judgy mcjudgersons! I think the problem is YOU! Y'all are just too boorish and uncivilized to understand the beauty and SOPHISTICATION these wearable pieces of art bring to the world. Savages, all of you! :roll:

• Upvote 1

Random thoughts as a look at clothing on the website,

The bird looks like it was mummified in other pictures.

OMG she did a whole photo shoot where the models were wearing paint on their faces and feathers in their hair. So not PC!!

Some of the fabric looks like it was once prison uniforms for inmates.

Overall, the photos have too much going on. You can't see the garment properly.

Lisa's husband made a comment about her paying a lot of money to look like hobo. I totally agree.

Does anyone know how long the house has been on the market? Have there been any serious bids?

According to the Bandera county website, the property sold in March of 2014. Unfortunately, there's no information about how much the buyers paid for it.

I found a blog post from April of 2012 where a fan of the Magnolia Pearl line is excited that the ranch is for sale, and wishes she could afford to buy it. She also has more pictures of the ranch for those who wish to see them.

bohemianvalhalla.blogspot.com/2012/04/magnolia-pearl-ranch-for-sale.html

That Bohemian Valhalla site is funny, here is what the author says upon finding out that the house was for sale:

"So this news was quite a shock to me as it is evident how much this Property was Loved, transformed and meticulously cared for. Attention has been paid to every detail to ensure it is layered in Beauty and is a Feast for the eyes."

So it's not layered in grime and black mold, everyone, it's layered in beauty, beauty I tell you! :?

Some of the snark here is top notch. I nearly fell out of my chair when someone commented this was a property only the vampire Lestat could love.

I have a job in commercial real estate so I see a lot of retail and I know a lot of people into retail. I visit LA and NYC at least once a year, and I never have ever seen anyone wearing anything like this. Besides Lisa Pennington who the f*ck is buying Magnolia Pearl?

Eugh... looking at the pictures of the catalog and the house, I want to take an iron to the clothes and a pressure washer with industrial strength cleaning solution to the whole interior of that house. Ew. Who WANTS to live in a house with the appearance of mold and water damage?

At least Lady Lydia and Penny's houses appear to be clean.

• Upvote 1

You have to wonder what goes through the mind of the people who work in the factory sewing these get ups. In the 2014 collection there are a pair of overalls that look like they were dumpster dived after a 700 pound farmer threw them out. Or possibly belonged to cabinet man when he went bull wranglin'.

• Upvote 1

Some of the snark here is top notch. I nearly fell out of my chair when someone commented this was a property only the vampire Lestat could love.

I have a job in commercial real estate so I see a lot of retail and I know a lot of people into retail. I visit LA and NYC at least once a year, and I never have ever seen anyone wearing anything like this. Besides Lisa Pennington who the f*ck is buying Magnolia Pearl?

super secret cool people, who hang out in super secret places.

My daughter has her first cheer competition tomorrow. I wonder what would happen if I showed up dressed like that.

Remember the I Love Lucy episode in which the gang went to Paris and Lucy and Ethel insisted that Ricky and Fred buy them ridiculously expensive designer outfits? Ricky mocked their pretentiousness by hiring a tailor to make some burlap bags into dresses and put in tags with a fake designer name. Garden equipment completed the look.

2f7668f16905705d2a4e31480e93def4.jpg

Every asshat who buys from Magnolia Pearl should have this happen to them.

Everything just looks so grimy! I want to go wash my hands. It looks so dusty and gross, I can feel my asthma acting up and I don't even have asthma!

That Airstream looks like a nightmare for someone with dust allergies. How would you keep all that clean?

Do the models for Magnolia Pearl ever comb their hair? Most of them look like they got caught in a storm.

Every asshat who buys from Magnolia Pearl should have this happen to them.

Why are all magnolia pearl shoppers asshats? I would only have a problem if their clothes took money away from the families basic needs.

So many thoughts. I feel like I have been overloaded...much like that house. Much like the clothes, there were one or two details in the house that taken by themselves would be beautiful and striking but it is like the designer has no eye; she can't seem to stop herself and it all spins out of control into chaos.

The house. Does it rain so seldom in Texas that you can leave a velvet and lace overstuffed sofa on your lawn without protection? Even if there is no rain there must be a problem with dew and bird shit and feasting insects. Outdoor furniture is meant to be wiped off now and then. As to the rose sink, I kept wondering how you clean that? With a toothbrush? Oh and the special vase cemented into the entryway arch? Yeah my mom would not be too thrilled if I cemented an heirloom into my gate.

The clothes are so bizarrely presented. One weird piece at a time, please! What are we to make of the string-tied boots? Do they come with twine or do you provide your own? I chuckled at the plaid housecoat that was buttoned up wrong because not only was it ugly as hell in a frumpy, 1950's menial house cleaner way it was sold out! And did you note that everything-- everything is $250 or $300? So the skimpiest top, the biggest dress, the pants, the jumpers, all the same price. How weird is that? Conceivably you could buy a top and skirt and it would be twice the price of a dress.

I love the way Helena Bonham-Carter dresses and I seriously doubt she would buy any of this stuff. It is all too dirty and grubby looking. She wears skirts and dresses with multiple layers, yes, but they are clean and pressed and new-looking. And I don't remember ever seeing her in frayed hems or wearing clown shoes that wear 10 sizes too big.

• Upvote 1

I want to see a picture of the chicken coop with the chandelier. I find that oddly intriguing.

Not Mrs "I dress in clothes I grave robbed from 200 year old graves" chicken coop but here's another.

http: //www.thefancyfarmgirl.com/heres-the-coop/

Not Mrs "I dress in clothes I grave robbed from 200 year old graves" chicken coop but here's another.

What the fuck is that, seriously, I raise chickens, have 40ish hens and that is just the stupidest fucking thing I have seen since the crack house/hobo den that used to belong to Magnolia Pear!!

Mr. FF wants to know what this woman is on. He says he can't believe there are people like that in the world and why don't they go visit the world where ppl are struggling to eat? He says she has to be very bored to decorate a chicken coop.

Why are all magnolia pearl shoppers asshats? I would only have a problem if their clothes took money away from the families basic needs.

It's just my opinion that it's overpriced junk and that the people who buy it are... okay, let's change it to "fools."

• Upvote 1

So many thoughts. I feel like I have been overloaded...much like that house. Much like the clothes, there were one or two details in the house that taken by themselves would be beautiful and striking but it is like the designer has no eye; she can't seem to stop herself and it all spins out of control into chaos.

The house. Does it rain so seldom in Texas that you can leave a velvet and lace overstuffed sofa on your lawn without protection? Even if there is no rain there must be a problem with dew and bird shit and feasting insects. Outdoor furniture is meant to be wiped off now and then. As to the rose sink, I kept wondering how you clean that? With a toothbrush? Oh and the special vase cemented into the entryway arch? Yeah my mom would not be too thrilled if I cemented an heirloom into my gate.

The clothes are so bizarrely presented. One weird piece at a time, please! What are we to make of the string-tied boots? Do they come with twine or do you provide your own? I chuckled at the plaid housecoat that was buttoned up wrong because not only was it ugly as hell in a frumpy, 1950's menial house cleaner way it was sold out! And did you note that everything-- everything is $250 or $300? So the skimpiest top, the biggest dress, the pants, the jumpers, all the same price. How weird is that? Conceivably you could buy a top and skirt and it would be twice the price of a dress.

I love the way Helena Bonham-Carter dresses and I seriously doubt she would buy any of this stuff. It is all too dirty and grubby looking. She wears skirts and dresses with multiple layers, yes, but they are clean and pressed and new-looking. And I don't remember ever seeing her in frayed hems or wearing clown shoes that wear 10 sizes too big.

The clothing reminds me of when a certain color or print is considered "in" and how people who follow fashion react to that. For example, when zebra print is popular, you'll see women wearing one piece of clothing or an accessory in zebra print, and then you'll see a woman dressed head to toe in it. Overkill.

The former Magnolia Pearl Ranch is located in the region of Texas called the Hill Country, so it does rain there. The city of Bandera gets about 36 inches of rain per year. Of course, the numbers may be a bit different out at the ranch, but you get the idea. :)

• Upvote 1

I just keep thinking of carpet on the wall in the kitchen - all the oil in the air from cooking? Just general dust etc? You'd have to vacuum the walls every day - and shampoo them weekly!

I just keep thinking of carpet on the wall in the kitchen - all the oil in the air from cooking? Just general dust etc? You'd have to vacuum the walls every day - and shampoo them weekly!

TBH, I like the look of the cutout carpet in the wall, but in a kitchen, it's just nasty. She should have used laminated wallpaper or something else scrubbable.

What the fuck is that, seriously, I raise chickens, have 40ish hens and that is just the stupidest fucking thing I have seen since the crack house/hobo den that used to belong to Magnolia Pear!!

Oh mylanta! I've never heard of this fancy farm girl, but she clearly has a lot of time

on her hands. First she "decorates" a walk-in chicken coop with stuff that serves no function, and then she admits to how dirty it gets. Yes, coops get pretty filthy, but that one must take an entire day with all those useless doodads taking up space. It makes me think of Marie Antoinette and her play-farm....

My three hens live in a coop the size of a dog house, and that alone takes at least an hour to give it a thorough cleaning.

Could these clothes be possibly an unfortunate result of a thrift store built on ancient sacred burial grounds, with the discards bin becoming Pet Semetaried and springing up to life?

• Upvote 1