IGNORED

Magnolia Pearl: What in the World?

GenerationCedarchip

The looks is something like "coked out 1990s models go back in time to the 30s, live as hobos for a while, then steel someone's laundry that's outside drying, only to move into a hobo house to do a fashion show".

So - hipsters then.

Hmmm, ok I change my mind on the hipster crack.

These outfits look like the "designer" goes out at 2 am every weekend, and digs up 200 year old graves and robs the corpses of their clothing, then sells it to idiots.

• Upvote 2

At least her hair is understated.

Or is it instated, with rats and small birds, cockroaches and fleas? DB Cooper, Jimmy Hoffa and Amelia Earheart are probably living in there.

• Upvote 1

This is fashion? I think the model wearing the tomato cage and holding a bird on a leash looks like she was recently assaulted or just suffered a psychotic break.

I'll stick with a blouse and blue jeans, thank you very much.

I think she strangled the bird.

• Upvote 2

Oh, y'all are cracking me up. Speaking of cracking up, I haven't taken a hallucinogen since 1971, but I could feel weird stuff coming on while looking at this stuff, which feels a little uncomfortable.

I'm going to lift weights and clear out the cobwebs and lace.

The thing that bothered me the most in those house photos were the rusty tin ceilings. They just felt oppressive with a massive ick factor.

• Upvote 1

Wow - that is something. I had no idea what this was and wondered if it was a fundie's home business. I have to say that I know a lot of folks in fundie circles but the houses tend not to be so Havisham-esque.

And that house - gotta love the pitch of the floor. Did you see the angle of that fridge leaning?

Or is it instated, with rats and small birds, cockroaches and fleas? DB Cooper, Jimmy Hoffa and Amelia Earheart are probably living in there.

:lol:

The first time I saw the wedding video, I said she had her hair done for the wedding, got lost in the woods for a week, and then ran home and put her wedding dress on.

• Upvote 2

I swear to god it looks like Tim Burton got into couture... the Corpse Bride immediately springs to mind.. and what is with those sort of minimalist straight jackets? # 2786 and 2787. shudder.. I darn near work up my little boy I was howling laughing so loud just now.

• Upvote 3

:pink-shock:

I can just imagine showing up for work in one of those getups. I'd terrify every kid in the library. :lol:

I, too, shall stick with my trusty LL Bean classics.

t2qHn8O.jpg

The cover of their current catalog... :lol:

More like 'beautiful where?'. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Lately every time I venture into a new (to me) topic, I think "WOW, these posters are witty but they wildly exaggerate". Then I make the mistake of checking out the source of the snark and have to step away for a bit. :pink-shock:

• Upvote 1

Lately every time I venture into a new (to me) topic, I think "WOW, these posters are witty but they wildly exaggerate". Then I make the mistake of checking out the source of the snark and have to step away for a bit. :pink-shock:

So you've discovered the menstrual meat-squatter then?

t2qHn8O.jpg

The cover of their current catalog... :lol:

What the hell am I looking at here? I admit I know absolutely nothing about fashion and don't really care to, but this...

My eyes can't figure out where to stop. Is that a stork? why are the socks(?) so different?

help!

Who the hell wears, let alone buys, that shite? Unbelievable.

Where do people go wearing these sorts of clothes? I can't see putting them on to go to the grocery store, a school field trip, or anywhere else I go. :?

ETA: Do people really go out in public wearing these outfits? Does Magnolia Pearl have something against shoes that fit properly?

post-442-14452000890158_thumb.jpg

So you've discovered the menstrual meat-squatter then?

One of my very first days here!

:cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

I will NEVER ignore "don't look" warnings from you lovely people ever EVER again. I still really can't talk about it. :shock:

Where do people go wearing these sorts of clothes? I can't see putting them on to go to the grocery store, a school field trip, or anywhere else I go. :?

ETA: Do people really go out in public wearing these outfits? Does Magnolia Pearl have something against shoes that fit properly?

I don't understand your difficulty here. Clearly, you can go almost anywhere, and do just about everything, in this outfit. For example:

You can go to bed.

You can win hide and seek if there are some voluminous drapes nearby.

You can star in a commercial promoting irons. Or hair brushes. Or even mirrors.

You can audition to be a cartoon character as you already have the shoe part of the costume.

You can also, if necessary, kick the shit out of someone with said shoes.

So, handy, versatile outfit.

• Upvote 1

You know how we sometimes try to determine whether a smile reaches the eyes?

The bride in the wedding photo -- nothing smiling at all, there!

I might make a poster of that face -- great potential for Halloween ....

Wait a minute, fundies wear that? Lisa Pennington wears that? I'm seriously defrauded by some of the pictures. One is clearly showing nipples :pink-shock:

What the hell have I just seen?

The absolute worst excuse for "fashion" that has ever been hoisted on the gullible!!

I really do wonder if that designer is just living an elaborate practical joke. If not, I need to start selling old, stained bed sheets for $300.

• Upvote 1

Please don't hate me for this, but I think that designer has some sort of serious body issues. She seems to have a short, stocky body and a look that is to me a sporty, out all day playing tennis kind of woman - you know, the kind of woman who lives in tennis dresses and polos and shorts. But she wants to be flowy, willowy and feminine, like some of her models. So she covers up in a million layers of fabric and puts a bird's nest on her head to hide things she is not happy with.

I can't think of any other reasonable explanation for this.

• Upvote 1