IGNORED

Magnolia Pearl: What in the World?

GenerationCedarchip

Okay, so I took a look at the Magnolia Pearl site (warning - music kicks in as soon as you access the site!). What is this stuff? Is this Lisa Pennington's business?

I had seen it referenced and was just curious about the fundie connection. I'd never heard of it before, but it looks like stuff that wants really badly to be included in Victoria magazine, but is just way too overblown for it.

Edited by Coconut Flan

Oh my gosh, I *just* went and looked at it before coming here. It's like Victorian clown couture. I actually like flowy, romantic, linen things, even though I cannot pull them off. Bit this stuff is just crazy.

Any discussion of Magnolia Pearl must include this link about the artists' former residence/tetanus-trap, which could only have been sold to the vampire Lestat: fionaandtwig.blogspot.com/2013/03/magnolia-pearl-ranch-and-giveaway.html

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Well, I got just about worn out looking at those pictures, what with the models either overwhelmed by ennui of maybe they are zombies with a day job. THEN, I saw the prices.

• Haha 1

Any discussion of Magnolia Pearl must include this link about the artists' former residence/tetanus-trap, which could only have been sold to the vampire Lestat: fionaandtwig.blogspot.com/2013/03/magnolia-pearl-ranch-and-giveaway.html

That kitchen gave me a serious case of the heebie jeebies.

• Upvote 1

That kitchen gave me a serious case of the heebie jeebies.

No kidding! It looks like a crack house that also happens to be haunted by some pretty wicked poltergeists. I kind of get the shabby-chic aesthetic but that just looks shabby-shitty.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

The looks is something like "coked out 1990s models go back in time to the 30s, live as hobos for a while, then steel someone's laundry that's outside drying, only to move into a hobo house to do a fashion show".

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5

No kidding! It looks like a crack house that also happens to be haunted by some pretty wicked poltergeists. I kind of get the shabby-chic aesthetic but that just looks shabby-shitty.

Shabby Shitty. LOL

• Upvote 1

A poltergeist created by Lady Lydia or that other woman with the wedding dress chairs/tree.

• Haha 1

Oh my god that house.

26fTB2L.jpg

WapI4k9.jpg

"Everything you see,

and a thousand lovely things you

don't see all convey."

It conveys something, all right. :?

For the record, "convey" is used this way no less than three times in the entry.

• Upvote 4

Never thought I would delurk in a fashion thread of all places, but I made the mistake of checking the site out and...one thing came to mind: (I'm a total n00b trying to post a picture here, please pray for my salvation if I screw up)

0743fba065a2598b4f1432c93a2c0419.jpg

I have an old, formerly white shirt that I just threw in the trash. Anyone interested? I'll make it a FreeJinger Special - Just 250$! Come on- "Buy used, save the difference!"

Oh, and "Hi", everyone. :lol:

• Upvote 4

Wow! That's frightening! I need to go look through all of the wrinkled clothes that are stuffed into totes in my garage, to see what I can offload in the $300 price range!!! As an added bonus, after looking at the website, I am so fortunate to have Magnolia Pearl ads in my sidebar. :o

Oh my god that house.

26fTB2L.jpg

WapI4k9.jpg

"Everything you see,

don't see all convey."

For the record, "convey" is used this way no less than three times in the entry.

This photo conveys to me that the fridge looks wildly out of place with this 'decor'.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

snipped

"Everything you see,

don't see all convey."

In the previous thread about the house, an FJer with real estate experience explained that 'convey' is real estate parlance meaning that something stays with the house when the house is sold, such as appliances. I was like you and was wut until the explanation was given

• Upvote 1

Checked out the fb page. I'm not convinced this isn't some sort of prank. Shows model wearing 'beautiful' grey sack. Commenter asks if it comes in other colours and what material is it? Like she'd be interested if the sack were, what, puce? It is utterly absurd!!

• Upvote 1

Checked out the fb page. I'm not convinced this isn't some sort of prank. Shows model wearing 'beautiful' grey sack. Commenter asks if it comes in other colours and what material is it? Like she'd be interested if the sack were, what, puce? It is utterly absurd!!

Sorry, it's not a prank. Some Magnolia Pearl items are for sale on Amazon. :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=w_bl_sl_s_a ... olia+Pearl

Edited to add:

Since some of you are new to this particular rabbit hole, here's the designer's wedding video.

https://vimeo.com/47549569

Sorry for the edits, having technical difficulties.

• Upvote 2

This is fashion? I think the model wearing the tomato cage and holding a bird on a leash looks like she was recently assaulted or just suffered a psychotic break.

I'll stick with a blouse and blue jeans, thank you very much.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry, it's not a prank. Some Magnolia Pearl items are for sale on Amazon. :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=w_bl_sl_s_a ... olia+Pearl

Edited to add:

Since some of you are new to this particular rabbit hole, here's the designer's wedding video.

https://vimeo.com/47549569

Sorry for the edits, having technical difficulties.

the picture of the woman made me think a "Great Expectations" film was coming out! I am not even being snarky. Apparently Miss. Havisham had a secret child. Glad she got married anyway.

• Upvote 3

I can smell the mildew and mold through my screen. *AHCHOO!*

• Upvote 2

This reminds me of the new series Documentary: Now. Does Helen Mirren narrate the catalogue? God, it's so tortured it's a parody.