IGNORED

Woman hating PUA podcaster outed as Asheville coffee shop ow

August

Because, as we all know, anonymity online is always guaranteed... just ask Josh Duggar or Anthony Weiner. They didn't think their cunning plan all the way through, apparently.

Did anyone else read their apology as them totally laughing up their sleeves? 1) I doubt you realize the error of your ways that quickly and immediately become completely contrite. 2) It was too formulaic. Too much like the structure of other public apologies. I think it was actually satire. And they just think they're so much smarter than everyone that no one else will realize it.

Did anyone else read their apology as them totally laughing up their sleeves? 1) I doubt you realize the error of your ways that quickly and immediately become completely contrite. 2) It was too formulaic. Too much like the structure of other public apologies. I think it was actually satire. And they just think they're so much smarter than everyone that no one else will realize it.

On Monday, the company posted an apology on its website:

We’ve said terrible and demeaning things — things that belie unhealthy thought patterns that do not contribute to a stable and equal society. We don't actually give a damn about stable and equal society but this sounded like a clever thing to say because some chicks we'd like to bang seem to think it's important. Things our mothers and sisters had to hear. Our mothers and sisters must stay pure and unsullied, everyone else is fuckable meat. And some chicks we'd like to bang seem to think men should respect their female relatives. And Mom, I'm broke and we must get in better terms so I can rely on your financial goodwill. We cannot and will not excuse these things. We have lots of excuses but people get mad when we tell them. We grieve for the systemic and ongoing actions we’ve taken. The redhead I'd like to bang likes big words. We apologize to the women in our lives and the greater community for the harm we’ve caused, and the potential danger Girls like contrite guys.

We opened Sunday in order to have conversations with some of our regular customers, and to give an opportunity for folks to chat if they wished. A few did just that, and we’re grateful for your thoughts and feelings. We’re humbled by and undeserving of the grace displayed by so many in the face of our actions. Hey, it's not all bad, some of those people who told us we suck bought something.

We’re going to close for the next couple days so we can have some room for introspection. The business wasn't good anyway. We want to allow ourselves to be accountable to our friends, family, employees, clergy, and counselors for our actions, and give ourselves room to be silent and reflect. Man, the things everyone said....so embarrassing. We must get away and hide for a while. These attitudes were not grown in a day, and they will not be destroyed in a day. We want to humbly commit to that process. We will not change but people are so mad it's better to pretend we're trying. We’re not good people, but we want to be.We are bastards but that's bad for business.

We’re going to donate all our business profits through the end of the year to Our Voice.Many of you in the community have great regard for this organization, and their work is of immense importance. We know this is but a step, but it’s something to which we can commit. It's a meaningless promise, the sales are way down and we're not profiting. Our employees who have lost their jobs due to our behavior will be given severance to help as they transition. See, we are caring and think of others.

Owens issued his own apology on September 19, in which he denies writing any of the blog or Twitter posts, but feels complicit anyway. I must apologize but keep in mind that it wasn't my fault.

Rutledge also published an individual apology in which he neglects express any remorse for his actions:

“Most of my life I’ve struggled with insecurities around dating. Everyone should feel sorry for me because when I was growing up girls always knew I'm a creep.

I felt like, in the past couple years, that I’d finally gotten a handle on this and experienced more success. So I made a twitter, blog, and got Jacob to podcast with me,†Rutledge wrote. Yay, everyone can pretend to be an irresistible adonis anonymously online.

“We didn’t always say nice things, and sometimes we were downright mean. We said hateful things all the time. Sometimes I just vented about frustrating experiences in an immature, hateful, and foolish way. But it wasn't my fault, because it's OK to be hateful when girls turn me down. It was in particular a breach of trust to post intimate details about lovers. It wasn't in Vegas so I never said it'd stay in Vegas. I was naive enough to think it’d stay anonymous, and I was wrong.†I'm sorry for getting caught.

I can't believe they referred to women as "fuck puppets." I just really can't process that, and I don't think I want to.

Hubby just said puppets would be the only way these dudes would be getting any.

• 2 weeks later...

It's just delicious when these people get caught out in real life. No, they won't change, but at least now they have to face the fact that they crumbled in the face of pressure. Ran like the bitches they accuse others of being, really.

Archived