IGNORED

Jobs? After ATI goes down under?

luv2laugh

Now that we know ATI is financially strugging and relocating, I am wondering what kind of jobs they can get? When ATI goes down under, what will they be able to do? Especially with the controversial background of having worked for ATI :pink-shock: ? I would be very worried... It's not like all of them can have JB support them, right?

Now that we know ATI is financially strugging and relocating, I am wondering what kind of jobs they can get? When ATI goes down under, what will they be able to do? Especially with the controversial background of having worked for ATI :pink-shock: ? I would be very worried... It's not like all of them can have JB support them, right?

I don't know about the others, but if TFDW Linkedin is any indication of his skills or professionalism he's in serious trouble unless he can make a lateral slide to another organization just as crazy with no doctrinal differences to sideline him. If he can pull that off he should add "magician" to his skill set.

Seriously, his public profile is hilarious. And check out the side bar of "people also viewed." Josh has a couple of profiles and the pic for his "President and Founder of Strategic Political Services" is horrifyingly unprofessional and weird. A wedding pic with Anna and it's not a good pic of her. Not to mention she looks like some kind of fairy creature who landed on his shoulder as she's perched so oddly. What was he thinking??

I'm not a stalker - I was just curious to see if TFDW had any actual education under his belt and it popped right up in the public profile, I'm not even signed in and sure as shit not connected to any of these knuckleheads.

(pssssst...Waller...if you ever read here listing Microsoft Office as a skill (in this instance) makes you look like a dumbass...listing Word separately makes you look like King of the Dumbasses. And here's another little tip for you...when you link your personal blog to your Linkedin account and that blog is called David Loves Priscilla most hiring managers are going to skip right by without even bothering to read the nonsense inside.)

ETA that Josh has been president and founder of strategic political services for 9.5 years. Since Google assures me that he's only 27.5 years old that means he founded that company and assumed the position of president at the ripe old age of 18. Yep - not made up at all...that's totally legit. Tons of seasons politicians trust teenagers to manage their strategy from their bunk beds.

Yeah, I think the ATI crowd would be really shocked to learn just how few job prospects they have. Honestly, I do not see much of a work ethic from a lot of these people. They are really good at talking, but not much else.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but don't think ATI is going under anytime soon. Downsized, yes. However, they have enough real estate to sell and enough donors still to keep the hard core folks going for years if they tighten their belts a little. IBLP is going down not with a bang (like VF) but a whimper (like Scientology).

Most of those employed there now won't be looking for jobs any time soon. Pecan and co. from HQ will relocate to TX and keep on trucking. An awful lot of the real work was done by volunteers anyway. They may refocus on the overseas work for a bit too.

I agree that their resumes are really pathetic though.

Based only on the IBLP relocating thread here on FJ, I'm not convinced we should throw a retirement party just yet. They have made less money in recent years, but they are still making money nonetheless.

If IBLP were to trim the fat jobs wise I don't think they would be SOL either. They could absorbed into other Christian organizations.Think Perry C after the fall of Vision Forum. He got on his feet quickly.

Based only on the IBLP relocating thread here on FJ, I'm not convinced we should throw a retirement party just yet. They have made less money in recent years, but they are still making money nonetheless.

If IBLP were to trim the fat jobs wise I don't think they would be SOL either. They could absorbed into other Christian organizations.Think Perry C after the fall of Vision Forum. He got on his feet quickly.

I'll admit I don't know the first thing about how they absorb into other orgs - I know it happens sometimes, but then I read the stuff about John Shrader and his doctrinal differences with his sending church (going back - before God laid it upon the heart of his Daddy's church to save his ass take over his sponsorship and I'm lost. I read what he believes and how it's allegedly divergent from his original sending church...but damned if it didn't sound like they were on the exact same page to me. I just don't know enough about their nuances to understand who is compatible with who and which cults should be kept from mingling at parties lest drinks be tossed in faces amidst spectacular flouncing.

I'm just saying if someone employed at one of these places was married to my daughter and was her sole support? I'd feel a hell of a lot better if I could look at their actual professional skill and experience and have some confidence that they had something to bring to the table in the secular market. If they are only employable in their religious niches that's a whole lot of eggs in one very tenuous basket. I don't personally understand the need to have one's faith permeate every aspect of life, especially employment but if you're going to play your gut, hedge your bets.

This could be just a restructure which would allow them to become solvent again and hang on for years with a leaner org...but I hope not. I really hope it's the beginning of the end and they are just doing a slow fade to protect what they can.

Like if you half-expected this post to be about ATI fleeing to Australia. ;)

They are already in Australia. :lol:

iblp.org.au/

IF ATI didn't have too much mortgage debt on their Illinois properties, & manages to sell them at decent prices, & buy housing in Big Sandy that is much much cheaper, I think they will be OK for a bit. I am curious to see if they need to build more office space on the Big Sandy campus.

I think there will be fewer "volunteer" opportunities for young adults (younger Paines, Keilens, Bates, etc) in coming years, because I think the "volunteers" were given room & board.

We've talked about how it is odd that no Bates kids seem to have been sent to headquarters yet--only on overseas mission trips.

I would like to know if houses such as the one that Ester Staddon seems to live in with several other single HQ "office ladies" are owned by IBLP, or rented.

They are already in Australia. :lol:

iblp.org.au/

Aww you beat me to posting that.

I think that someone I tangentially know is vaguely involved in that, but I don't know for sure or in what capacity yet.

I don't know about the others, but if TFDW Linkedin is any indication of his skills or professionalism he's in serious trouble unless he can make a lateral slide to another organization just as crazy with no doctrinal differences to sideline him. If he can pull that off he should add "magician" to his skill set.

Seriously, his public profile is hilarious. And check out the side bar of "people also viewed." Josh has a couple of profiles and the pic for his "President and Founder of Strategic Political Services" is horrifyingly unprofessional and weird. A wedding pic with Anna and it's not a good pic of her. Not to mention she looks like some kind of fairy creature who landed on his shoulder as she's perched so oddly. What was he thinking??

I'm not a stalker - I was just curious to see if TFDW had any actual education under his belt and it popped right up in the public profile, I'm not even signed in and sure as shit not connected to any of these knuckleheads.

(pssssst...Waller...if you ever read here listing Microsoft Office as a skill (in this instance) makes you look like a dumbass...listing Word separately makes you look like King of the Dumbasses. And here's another little tip for you...when you link your personal blog to your Linkedin account and that blog is called David Loves Priscilla most hiring managers are going to skip right by without even bothering to read the nonsense inside.)

ETA that Josh has been president and founder of strategic political services for 9.5 years. Since Google assures me that he's only 27.5 years old that means he founded that company and assumed the position of president at the ripe old age of 18. Yep - not made up at all...that's totally legit. Tons of seasons politicians trust teenagers to manage their strategy from their bunk beds.

I don't see the link to his blog, so that must mean......Hi David!!! :greetings-wavingyellow:

And weird, like Joshley Madison, TFDW is a 3rd degree connection to me on linkedin

I don't think they're failing. I do think they're regrouping. Wonder whether their prison ministry activities bring in $$$s. Maybe they're not doing it all for Jesus and there's opportunity to expand the business.

I will always think the theological difference between John and his original sending church was based on they didn't think he was getting enough done and he decided they were too works based.

But, I suspect many of the ATI leadership can find their way into similar roles, if a lower level jobs with other ministries, or start their own. As far as theological failings of their leader, when has, moral failures permanently hindered a minister from restarting a ministry? Their God is a God of second chances.

I don't see the link to his blog, so that must mean......Hi David!!! :greetings-wavingyellow:

And weird, like Joshley Madison, TFDW is a 3rd degree connection to me on linkedin

That creeped me out for a second! But it's still there. On my workstation earlier the contact info is visible without clicking - on mobile I clicked contact info and personal website is still there. Hover and its davidlovespriscilla.

If this is true I'm pissed that numerous government (something - his writing is not great) paid for this character training crap. I'm a 3rd degree to him as well...I was curious so I looked and its just some guy who is in one of the same groups as me could introduce me to someone who knows him. So 3rd degree sounds closer than it is...I don't think TFDW will be meeting me at a Chik Fil A for a networking tete a tete tonight.

(Like I'd go to a Chik Fil a or plan on getting off my couch tonight.)

That creeped me out for a second! But it's still there. On my workstation earlier the contact info is visible without clicking - on mobile I clicked contact info and personal website is still there. Hover and its davidlovespriscilla.

If this is true I'm pissed that numerous government (something - his writing is not great) paid for this character training crap. I'm a 3rd degree to him as well...I was curious so I looked and its just some guy who is in one of the same groups as me could introduce me to someone who knows him. So 3rd degree sounds closer than it is...I don't think TFDW will be meeting me at a Chik Fil A for a networking tete a tete tonight.

(Like I'd go to a Chik Fil a or plan on getting off my couch tonight.)

Oops, my bad. I didn't check that link... For me, the 3rd degree thing is pretty close. I only have about 80 connections, and other than a few family members, it's all political people here in Nebraska.

Hi David!!! :moose: (can't find the waving emoticon, so the moose will have to do)

It's looking better! No Word or Microsoft Office! Good show. Next step: get out there for a bit of real education. Develop some skills which will truly help you stand out on Linkedin.

Hi David!!! :moose: (can't find the waving emoticon, so the moose will have to do)

It's looking better! No Word or Microsoft Office! Good show. Next step: get out there for a bit of real education. Develop some skills which will truly help you stand out on Linkedin.

Are you serious? That's so weird!

Nope, wait, turns out I'm terrible at Linkedin. You can still find the link to his eloquently named (and even more eloquently written) blog, DavidlovesPriscilla. I don't see the stuff about Word or Office, but now I wonder if it's just hidden under something and I'm not seeing it.

It's in the block list of "skills." He's quite accomplished at a lot of nothing, judging by what he's putting out there.

Oh my dog. He even has "Writing" on his list of skills, along with editing, research, and blogging.

We've seen his blog, and he makes it easy to find (sorta) on Linkedin. He just doesn't have a clue about the real world or its expectations, does he?

Oh my dog. He even has "Writing" on his list of skills, along with editing, research, and blogging.

We've seen his blog, and he makes it easy to find (sorta) on Linkedin. He just doesn't have a clue about the real world or its expectations, does he?

This is what I'm saying! He needs to get a job based on his faith because he's not going secular based on skill. And the leadership stuff? He might be surprised that the bar for leadership abilities might be just a little higher when your target group isn't afraid of going to hell if they question you.

I know I'm evil but I would pay a lot of money to see this guy interview on the real market for a job he truly needs. I'd bet all the money I have* that he has no idea whatsoever as to how he'd be perceived or even measuring criteria. :popcorn2:

*Which sadly is probably a lot less than what he has - I have a feeling Gothard pays a lot better for being a lemming than the real world pays for...whatever the hell I do. :snooty:

edited for riffles.

DO you think it could be possible that the flotsam and jetsam of ATI and Vision Forum could partner up and start a brand new "ministry?" I'm sure there would be some work to re-brand it as "totally not like those folks" but that wouldn't be too hard; no one seems to be able to learn from these things.

I'm sure there are many other evangelical parachurch organizations out there eager to scoop up former Gothardites and/or people displaced by the fall of Vision Forum. However, what separates IBLP from VF are those pesky doctrinal differences, which are very, very, important to adherents.

The VF followers tended to be more Calvinist (Reformed) and they live positively decadent lives (alcohol, dancing and smoking often allowed) compared to the IBLP groupies who are much stricter and tend to be more variants of Baptist.

Scott Brown at NCFIC (ncfic.org) was poised to grab a fairly big slice of the VF pie. He runs his own conferences and has his very own internship program. He, Don Hart and Jim Zes were all on the VFM Board of Directors.

Archived