IGNORED

Titus2's Steve Maxwell: Seriously Anti-Fun

SPHASH

Is this week's article directed at your family, Steve?  Do you wish they would stop hankering after roadtrips and Christmas celebrations and just choose to be happy at home? ;)

http://articles.titus2.com/a-matter-of-perspective/

A MATTER OF PERSPECTIVE

This was posted on December 16, 2015 by Steve Maxwell.

What would you prefer?

• To be on the ground wishing to catch a plane somewhere or flying in a plane wishing you were on the ground?
  • On the shore wishing you were out on a boat in the water or out at sea in a boat wishing you were ashore?
  • Single and wishing you were married or married and wishing you were single?
  • Wishing you had children or wishing you had none?
  • Wishing you had a job or wishing you didn’t have the one you have?

Some people will never experience the joy of contentment. It isn’t about what we have or don’t have but about being at peace in the Lord Jesus with “where we are in life.” Paul learned to be abased and to abound. He was God’s man, and yet he suffered greatly. We read more about his trials than about his successes.

May we choose to be content in all things. Notice I said “choose” to be content. It’s a choice we make as we rest in the Lord, walking in His Spirit. All things work together for good—the good, the bad, and the ugly. 

“I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.” (Philippians 4:12)

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy New Year from Steve Maxwell.... or may we should call it as a Busy New Year... or a Work Harder New Year.... 

Whatever you do this year, Free Jinger, please just make sure you don't enjoy it! 

TO DO OR NOT TO DO

This was posted on January 5, 2016 by Steve Maxwell.

In business your “Not-To-Do List” is more important than your “To-Do List.” Knowing what not to spend your time on is critical for ensuring you have time available for the things that are wildly important. Today a myriad of things are clamoring for our time, and most are not beneficial compared to what they are displacing.

Here are some suggestions you might consider for your “Not-To-Do List”

• News
  • Web Surfing
  • TV
  • Movies
  • Spectator Sports
  • Fill in the blank _____

Here are some fantastic things for your “To-Do List” now that you have freed up some time:

• Family Bible time. This is not optional if you love your family. (Challenge them spiritually.)
  • Walk and/or workout with your wife. (Benefits include health and unity.)
  • Exercise with the children. (Wear them out physically. Good for health and hearts.)
  • Minister and serve with your family. (Teaching them to have servants’ hearts while practically doing God’s work now.)
  • Learn something with the children. (Challenge them mentally and prepare them vocationally.)
  • Build, repair, or renovate something with the children. (They develop real skills and you save money.)
  • Learn something that will help your occupation. Consider audio books if you commute. (Never stop learning.)

May each be a wise builder of his family.

“Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock.” (Matthew 7:24

Comments have been disabled for this post.

8 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Steve ranting about fun things again in his Seriously e-mail.

Your original thread became an official Anti-Fun Fest thread to capture the best (worst!) of the Seriously diatribes. :)

I just posted the latest WTF post here: http://www.freejinger.org/topic/24235-titus2s-steve-maxwell-seriously-anti-fun/?do=findComment&comment=1097031

Dude, even the Duggars have fun. The Bateses have fun. The Shupes have fun. The Andersons have fun. Steve is such a miserable asshat. It always slightly saddens me that two of our craziest fundie dads (Maxwell and Anderson) share a name with my father, who is a comedy writer. Total opposites. 

I'd like to know what genuine "ministry" to others Steve has done recently, not including labour exchange within the family clan. 

How many widows and orphans in distress have you ministered to with acts of actual service, Steve, ie not just preaching and caterwauling of a Sunday morning?

2 minutes ago, blessalessi said:

I'd like to know what genuine "ministry" to others Steve has done recently, not including labour exchange within the family clan. 

How many widows and orphans in distress have you ministered to with acts of actual service, Steve, ie not just preaching and caterwauling of a Sunday morning?

Yeah, pestering people about where they go when they die doesn't count! 

The Maxwells still somehow find a way to have fun- the parties, the baking- it's not all purely functional. It probably aggravates Steve that they occasionally do things that aren't totally about him or God.

Steve is the absolute WORST fundie. I know we snark on many families but i would rather die and go to the so called 'hell' than being a Maxwell. Seriously Steve-O, you are without a doubt one of the worst human beings right now... I just hope you pay for everything you've done to your children someday in some  way.

Steve, it's time to lose the hatred. Open yourself up to the world and see the rainbows. Stop stunting your adult children's lives.

You'll live longer. 

He is the worst!!! I don't get why any of his kids want out. He has sheltered them so badly that they are afraid of the outside world. 

Point of clarification: how would joy and fun overlap in this scenario? If you're not supposed to be having fun, are you still allowed/required to be joyful? I need these answers so I can be a proper soldier of sadness- wait, Christ, a soldier of Christ (in sadness)

1 hour ago, FloraKitty35 said:

In Maxhell fun is making bean burritos.  

In Maxhell fun is adding the meat. 

22 minutes ago, Boogalou said:

Whoa whoa whoa, lets rein it in a bit, you're getting a little out of control and that's dangerous for everyone. Why don't you head over to the prayer closet to calm down a bit

I thought the fun was to be had with The Elderly tm

Well, I'd concede one point to him there: Encouraging kids to get some sort of exercise as well as the parents, isn't a bad thing for the most part. Too many people (and I include myself in this :embarrassed:) are way too sedentary, which isn't healthy. 

And yeah, I used to take my kids when they were little to the park to play, and run about and wear themselves out a bit - nothing wrong with that really.

It's because Steve is saying it, and makes it sound like parents should wear them out to get them worn out so that it's easier to make them go to bed at 6pm, or some other soul sucking reason, that it sounds bad.

But as for the rest of it? 

Fuck you, Steve.

In business your “Not-To-Do List” is more important than your “To-Do List.” Knowing what not to spend your time on is critical for ensuring you have time available for the things that are wildly important. Today a myriad of things are clamoring for our time, and most are not beneficial compared to what they are displacing.

Here are some suggestions you might consider for your “Not-To-Do List”

News

Web Surfing

TV

Movies

Spectator Sports

Fill in the blank _____

Here are some fantastic things for your “To-Do List” now that you have freed up some time:

OK, not sure how anyone can run a business without being aware of the news.  As part of my marketing function, I check out the headlines of 5 different business journals every day  (cities where main clients are located), am on several newsletters/feeds related to our company and product, our client base, my specialty, etc.  I don't read all of it cover to cover, but it is my job to let others in the company know if something looks like it would impact our company.

I 'web surf" frequently to research competition and see if they have any new offerings that we need to be aware of.

My husband enjoys tv and movies for his down time.  He travels and works long hours and movies and some tv are a way to shut down for an hour and recharge.  I'm more an internet girl... or we read, but either way, recharging is good.

We don't follow spectator sports because we don't care enough...Yay team ....

Maybe if Steve had paid more attention to the news, he'd have realized that IT on ramp lost some of its zing when the information superhighway description of the net never really caught on. Maybe if he did more web surfing he'd realize it doesn't take a class to know how to search.  Oh, wait.... didn't he teach web surfing?  Why, if people are not to do that, and also, how did he learn if he didn't do it himself?

Why do I seek logic from fundies?

5 hours ago, Boogalou said:

You can't tell the difference anyway, right? ;) 

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread because it will be easier to keep a rolling eye-roll commentary on Steve's antics in the new Maxhell board.

I don't want the Christian Man-Card gem to be missed.  Or was it a Christian-Man Card?  (Steve didn't seem sure either. :P )

http://articles.titus2.com/christian-man-card-applications/

CHRISTIAN MAN-CARD APPLICATIONS

This was posted on March 2, 2016 by Steve Maxwell.

The Lord is always accepting applications for being a man of God. Current card holders include Paul, John the Baptist, Stephen, Barnabas, and countless others throughout the ages.

No prior knowledge, no experience, and no diplomas are required to get a Christian-Man Card. The price for it is free but tremendously costly. The only requirements are a heart for God’s Word and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Mandatory mentorship via the Holy Spirit immediately follows acceptance. Apply now, but there is no fear of running out of available slots because, sadly, few apply.

“And there came thither certain Jews from Antioch and Iconium, who persuaded the people, and, having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, supposing he had been dead. Howbeit, as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up, and came into the city….” (Acts 14:19-20)

After being stoned, Paul went back into the city where some of the people who stoned him lived. That was Holy Spirit boldness! Paul lived what he taught. He was no stranger to conflict or pain.

“Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.” (Acts 14:22)

Brothers, may we be strong and courageous!

Steve

You know you've created a cult when you are the only person you would approve to be a card-carrying leader....

Archived