IGNORED

Gothard headquarters downsizing, moving to Big Sandy

HereticHick

Oak Brook is a desirable Chicago suburb. McDonalds' world headquarters is there, among many other good employers. According to Wikipedia, the median home value is $837,000. Knowing nothing about their building, it's a safe bet that it's worth a good amount of $$$$$$. I hope their bank account gets hacked.

Worked in Oak Brook for years, though not working there currently, my resume is peppered with major employers from that area. Sale of the property will bring in a good chunk of change and they could probably use the money.

I am assuming that the homes that the Pecans, Staddons, reside in will be put up for sale as well. There's no way that these families could afford these homes on their own, it's got to be they have use of them as a job benefit.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The JTTH property is the Northwoods Conference Center in Michigan: northwoodsconference.com/ which can be rented out for conferences, reunions, etc. So they may want to hold on to that if they able to rent it out enough to make a profit.

On the "Prepare for your trip" It says one-piece swimsuit for the ladies and shorts for the guys. My tankini covers more than my one piece because I wear a little skirt, but I digress. I don't see it on here but I am betting it's a dry facility.

If you want to make money in the UP, you need to allow ATV, snowmobiles and alcohol. (Pets, ATVs/snowmobiles, boats and jet-skis are prohibited). It doesn't specifically say alcohol is banned but I bet it is.

EDIT to add- you can rent a log cabin called Bill's Cabin. :ew: :ew: :ew: I couldn't stay there.

http://www.worldmag.com/2015/06/bill_go ... site/page2

the ministry is selling some of the ministry’s assets, mostly real estate valued between $80 million and $200 million. To prevent the sale of those assets, donors to the ministry have engaged attorney David Gibbs III (the son of the David Gibbs Jr. who led the internal investigation into Gothard’s behavior) to request mediation.

Gibbs III sent a letter to the IBLP board requesting dozens of documents, including financial records and minutes to board meetings. His letter said compliance with his request for mediation “would allow this matter to be handled outside the supervision of a court.†The letter also requested that “no assets will be sold or dissipated during this time.†But the June 12 deadline for compliance with the Gibbs III letter has passed.

Donors wanted motions filed,†Gibbs III said, “but IBLP has been responding … so we have been giving them additional time to do the right thing. We now need to decide how best to initiate litigation to protect and preserve assets consistent with donor intent.â€

One reason the liquidation of ministry assets may be necessary is IBLP’s dramatic decline in recent years. According to its most recent Form 990s, the ministry is about half the size it was just five years ago. Its 2013 Form 990 states annual income of about $5.4 million but expenditures of nearly $9 million, leaving a loss for the year of about $3.5 million. Over the past five years, the ministry appears to have lost at least $10 million.

One reason Gibbs III and his clients want to see assets preserved is to leave open the possibility of a future financial settlement with Gothard’s alleged victims.

There is a lot of money involved here, even with IBLP losing membership. I would love to know what is going on with the people threatening IBLP with a lawsuit.

Dear Big Sandy-area retailers:

Stock up on long denim skirts, frozen tater tots & hairspray. Also, if any of you were thinking of opening a local Chik-fil-a franchise, now's the time!

I hope this means that they're losing influence, losing members and feeling unwelcome in Chicagoland :pray:

But yeah, looks like it might be moving time for Pris & Pecan, plus Robert & Kendalyn.

I live in the general vicinity (and worked in Oak Brook for a time) and I had never even heard of ILBP before FJ. Trust me when I tell you I doubt they felt unwelcome in Chicago land for the simple fact that the vast majority have no idea who they are. Even thought I'm sure the locals know about them I'm sure most couldn't care less unless they are door knockers or traffic bottlenecks. We have a couple of megachurches in the general vicinity and there is a huge impact on traffic.

I am so happy to see this.

Anyone taking bets on how long it will take for the IBLP empire to completely crumble? Ten years?

If I were making book my money would be on < 5 years before they are nothing but a bad memory. Maybe a couple of die hard families clinging to their careworn character booklets - but the movement is circling the drain. I'm sure Gothard didn't care because he's got his money, but none of the other dumb-asses on the board figured out that kids raised in poverty with even fewer prospects than their parents aren't going to have the resources to feed their eleventy zillion kids much less support a multi million dollar con game.

Gil may be a grifter, but he's a shitty one since he couldn't do the math to figure out his higher level grift was upside down.

The question for me is do JB and M find another Kool-Aid well, start their own movement, or make a move toward normalcy? IMO JB will go where ever the money is and if there is none to be found then maybe a shift toward school and working for an employer is in the works because God knows he can't support all those kiddults indefinitely without love offerings. They aren't the Ardnts.

edited because < and > are not the same.

I don't see any major players being let go any time soon. As other have already pointed out, Chicago is expensive and Big Sandy is not.

I say they will:

1) Sell off or rent out properties

2) Reduce salaries

3) Perhaps add housing perks for those that do not already have it

4) Continue to generate their income from sheeple, plus have income from rentals/sales

5) Offer all the current high-level employees a transfer, selling the benefits of Texas which make up for the reduced salaries (5 bedroom home for $120,000! Perfect for fundies.)

6) Gothard will live out his sad little life, not paying for the things he has done, until he dies and either answers to his God or rots in the ground. Either way, his fantasies of hearing, "well done, good and faithful servant" live only in his dreams.

I am not surprised that IBLP would want to liquidate their assets in the lucrative Chicago area real estate market. Offices and living space in Big Sandy would be much cheaper and also allow IBLP to keep a much tighter reign on employees.

I believe IBLP bought the former campus of Ambassador College. I am sure they got quite a deal. Also I would think the town would have lots of available housing once the college closed and all the staff associated with it moved on.

IBLP is losing it's market share. Bible studies are readily available at any church or even online for a nominal fee. As far as textbooks, etc- homeschooling families can now pick from so many curriculum and realize all the extra money paid to ATI is not worth it for a subpar system.

5) Offer all the current high-level employees a transfer, selling the benefits of Texas which make up for the reduced salaries (5 bedroom home for $120,000! Perfect for fundies.)

I am not surprised that IBLP would want to liquidate their assets in the lucrative Chicago area real estate market. Offices and living space in Big Sandy would be much cheaper and also allow IBLP to keep a much tighter reign on employees.

I believe IBLP bought the former campus of Ambassador College. I am sure they got quite a deal. Also I would think the town would have lots of available housing once the college closed and all the staff associated with it moved on.

IBLP is losing it's market share. Bible studies are readily available at any church or even online for a nominal fee. As far as textbooks, etc- homeschooling families can now pick from so many curriculum and realize all the extra money paid to ATI is not worth it for a subpar system.

I didn't know they took over a former college. Before that knowledge I was betting they would be building some staff homes on the Big Sandy grounds. alertacademy.com/iaa/wp-content/uploads/Campus-Map.jpg It looks like there is a bit of room between the convention center and the airstrip. (Many of these gothard places have airstrips, how do these families afford airplanes?

Went and googled Ambassador College- ALERT took over the old college so the above map is what they own (it seems). Wikipedia did say that ALRT still operates the golf course and it's open to the public. Had to keep a revenue stream open! Also according to Wiki it says that they took in people displaced because of Katrina. I feel so sorry for those people that went thru Katrina and then sought shelter at ALERT to most likely get preached at.

Yes, IBLP bought the Big Sandy campus of Ambassador College: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambassador_College

but that college campus closed in 1997, & Alert Academy has been operating there for a while, so I would assume that the housing market has adjusted.

But year, assuming that Gothard owned the houses that the ATI Oak Brook employees lived in--they are going to make a lot of $$ selling those & buying houses in Big Sandy for what--at least half--of the price??

Maybe JD should move to Big Sandy & be a full time pilot shuttling Gothardites all over the place.

Hmmm now I really wonder if groups that took in Katrina evacuees were given $$ from FEMA, American Red Cross, etc. I just can't see IBLP doing that out of the goodness of their hearts.

Yes, IBLP bought the Big Sandy campus of Ambassador College: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambassador_College

but that college campus closed in 1997, & Alert Academy has been operating there for a while, so I would assume that the housing market has adjusted.

But year, assuming that Gothard owned the houses that the ATI Oak Brook employees lived in--they are going to make a lot of $$ selling those & buying houses in Big Sandy for what--at least half--of the price??

Maybe JD should move to Big Sandy & be a full time pilot shuttling Gothardites all over the place.

One of the road's on ALERT is "Smug Oak Ln" :laughing-rolling:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Acade ... 9788?hl=en

I hope JD finds a nice Christian girl that has a brain and leads him further away from ATI by appearing to be submissive to him.

Hey! one can hope! We all know a woman can make a suggestion to her husband and make it appear to be his idea. :whistle:

I see there is also a Pecan Road on the north side of Big Sandy.

Please, flying spaghetti monster, have some homes for sale there that will appeal to David & Pris.

I live about 15 minutes or so from Oak Brook, just moved here this year. I feel safe in assuming that my heathen presence here is what's really chasing them out of the area. Feel free to thank me in gifts of cash and chocolate. ;)

Buhbye, Gothardites. I'm okay with the door hitting all of you on the way out.

I wonder if part of the reason they are downsizing is because of lawsuits or potential lawsuits by the young women who accused Gothard of sexual harassment. It's possible that there have been a number of payouts to victims to keep their stories out of the media.

Is IBLP in financial trouble? This seems like an odd thing for them to do.... Do you think this means IBLP is on it's way closing???? The Wallers, Staddons, and Keilens are going to have to move that's for sure. What will all of them do for work if IBLP closes...? I wonder because it seems like that is bound to happen next.

snipped

While this brings a chapter of IBLP’s history to a close, the vision of introducing people to Jesus Christ and providing families, churches, businesses, and nations with Biblical training on how to find true success in life remains unchanged. The Lord has worked mightily in the past and we are excited about what He has for the future. We are all one body in Christ (1 Cor. 12), and as each member looks to the Head and follows His leading we know He has great things in store for each one.

I just want to say thank goodness that someone is going to bring the name of Jesus Christ to those heathens in Texas. Without IBLP, who knows when the state of Texas would ever hear about Jesus! :roll:

I see there is also a Pecan Road on the north side of Big Sandy.

Please, flying spaghetti monster, have some homes for sale there that will appeal to David & Pris.

Maybe a house will come up for sale. There isn't one right now (on Zillow). Please :fsm: !!!

While on Zillow I had to look for a new house for David and Pris and Michala & Brandon. They need to be neighbors so they can tattle keep eyes on fellowship with each other. I found 2 homes on Hamil Blvd in Big Sandy. Both 3 beds 2 bath on 1 acre lots., 705 Hamil is in need of SEVERE updating ($120k). 711 Hamil ($168k) has a very pretty pink? lavender? (pictures hard to tell) bathroom. I think Pris would like that.

I still bet they end up having new staff housing on the Alert campus.

I hope this means that they're losing influence, losing members and feeling unwelcome in Chicagoland :pray:

But yeah, looks like it might be moving time for Pris & Pecan, plus Robert & Kendalyn.

Probably the properties there are the most likely to sell for a good price!

Josiah Duggar, alleged CEO of Duggar Construction, can be hired to work on the fixer-uppers. I bet some Duggars and Bates boys will be dispatched to help move families to Big Sandy when the time comes.

Maybe a house will come up for sale. There isn't one right now (on Zillow). Please :fsm: !!!

While on Zillow I had to look for a new house for David and Pris and Michala & Brandon. They need to be neighbors so they can tattle keep eyes on fellowship with each other. I found 2 homes on Hamil Blvd in Big Sandy. Both 3 beds 2 bath on 1 acre lots., 705 Hamil is in need of SEVERE updating ($120k). 711 Hamil ($168k) has a very pretty pink? lavender? (pictures hard to tell) bathroom. I think Pris would like that.

I still bet they end up having new staff housing on the Alert campus.

The 711 house is something. And should the Nauglers go ATI there is already a giant shed they can move into right next door. I have a question - who takes picutres of a house for sale without cleaning first? Yikes! And speaking of yikes - did you see that second bathroom. That's some fancy shade of green they have working there, I may have blown out a cornea.

And the master bathroom is bigger than the kitchen - wtf? Who built this thing? :penguin-no:

The other one is actually better. Okay, neither are making me want to pack up and move to Texas - but if I had a choice at least the first one was owned by people who understood the concept of cleaning. The second one...I'd assume this was the best they could do and considered this clean for the cameras so I'd be afraid of what was unseen.

And in the pink bathroom - is it just me or is that an awful lot of mirror over that tub? I don't know about you all but I don't need to see my naked self from every angle as I'm taking a bath.

Oh, yuck. I don't live that far from Big Sandy. We don't need MORE fundies in East TX, we have enough!

Humorous side note: we actually pass ALERT academy on the drive from our place to my in-laws. It didn't register with me what I was seeing until about 3 trips ago (a big, weird, wooden tower looking thing that says "Alert" on the side of it), and in the middle of a silent car ride I just blurted out OMIGOD! ALERT! GOTHARD! My husband and kids thought I had completely lost my marbles. :embarrassed:

ZOMG! I haven't bumped into the Pecans yet!!!!!!! Every.Single.Time I got to Home Depot I watch for them.

I also have had plans for quite awhile with another Chicago-based FJ'er to drive by. Knowing me, I'd manage to get inside...........

I know Oak Brook is so nice, when I can I drive company thru there to show them the huge houses & mansions & some that actually resemble castles. They will get $$$$$ to sell or rent the property.

ZOMG! I haven't bumped into the Pecans yet!!!!!!! Every.Single.Time I got to Home Depot I watch for them.

I also have had plans for quite awhile with another Chicago-based FJ'er to drive by. Knowing me, I'd manage to get inside...........

I know Oak Brook is so nice, when I can I drive company thru there to show them the huge houses & mansions & some that actually resemble castles. They will get $$$$$ to sell or rent the property.

Think they'd be able to rent them and not break any of their priciples, such as they are? I mean renters might use birth control. Or have a beer. Or hang women's pants in the closets. I've heard some people in the area are known to have sex outside of marriage...in their homes! Shhhh we don't want that to get around or anything. :wink-penguin:

Could Gothard live with such debauchery as a pants wearing woman with a job living in a house he owns, daring to leave blessings up to herself and Walgreens rather than God?

Archived