IGNORED

Jenna Andersen/That Wife (of Bathroom Baby fame)

Closed Womb

Is anyone out there still following the antics of Jenna Andersen (aka Jenna Cole, aka That Wife, aka woman who has such a negative internet presence that she should really use her husband's last name professionally.)

She was a Mormon Mommy blogger that used to be followed around here, but then she kind of dropped off the radar when she spat out the Kool Aid. Congrats to that, but she's still the same horrible mother who tripled diapered her son, refused to give up the home office for a bedroom, so had him sleep in the bathroom, in a pack and play, with a white noise machine, so that she could get her sleep. Why, yes, she did have a second child (that also does not "fill her bucket", in Jenna parlance.)

I follow her on another site, but I am not in love with the snark over there. Anyone at all still keeping up with her?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She fell off the radar for me, too. I do see she's had a childfree month recently.

Plus a week prior when she dropped them off with TH's parents and she went to Italy with her sister.

She's been a snark gold mine recently. She's rebranding as a career woman (going to coding bootcamp and thinks she'll get a 6 figure job come early 2016), but she's also keeping up with being a bad parent -- recently she got a new bike trailer, installed it wrong (so the seatbelts don't work) and the tipped it over while going over train tracks (causing some "bleeding owies"), got into a snit when people pointed out that the kids helmets were on incorrectly, decided she could "learn to love" the kids when she finally felt something after not talking to them for a week (when they were at her parents' place), etc., etc.

Now it looks like TH has bought a house (she has signed over her interest in it, it seems) that is very close to their current rental house (which they move into in May or June.) My interest is well and truly piqued.

She is my favorite hate read, well she and McKMama!!

She is just wrapping up another child free weekend flitting around SF with some of her girlfriends, staying at a fancy hotel, eating room service, sitting by the pool, cocktails, twirling and dancing in one of her thrifted dress!!

Oh, god, HER. Didn't her first child need speech therapy (because she never talked to him) and she was so irritated that she was paying the therapist to "play games" with him? Her poor kids are going to be so screwed up.

That was her! She was here in Chicago while TH was going to business school or law school. She's the one who had to put a PowerPoint presentation together to get a totally disinterested guy to marry her.

It's sad that she didn't figure out that she didn't want to be Mormon and a mother before she got married and had kids. The kids just seem like they're on this roller coaster with her and they're stuck. She's out figuring out herself and her new, fun life while the old life aka kids are stuck being unwanted (still) and pawned off to family members. If she didn't have kids and weren't so selfish, I may have found her likeable and her blog fun.

Here are our previous threads on That Wife: viewforum.php?f=91 for anyone that wants to catch up on her prior antics.

While I'm unsure what kind of grandparents either TW or TH (often referred to here as TA (that asshole) parents make given they raised TW/TH, I have to think that they probably get more attention being away from Jenna than with her.

I'm glad she stopped drinking the kool-aid at least because hopefully she will now stop with the 2 kids she can't be bothered with rather than having a houseful of them.

The only bright spot I see for her kids is that Jenna has the means and mind to outsource as much of her childcare as possible. I feel like every moment her kids spend away from her is a blessing.

I have known fundie moms who felt the exact same way about their kids but were stuck being SAHM and even homeschooling. Their children receive the brunt of all their frustrations in life.

It's sad that she didn't figure out that she didn't want to be Mormon and a mother before she got married and had kids. The kids just seem like they're on this roller coaster with her and they're stuck. She's out figuring out herself and her new, fun life while the old life aka kids are stuck being unwanted (still) and pawned off to family members. If she didn't have kids and weren't so selfish, I may have found her likeable and her blog fun.

I hope now that she's left Mormonism, that she doesn't have any more kids. It's obvious that she didn't even want kids in the first place, but she had them because she was brainwashed with the idea that being a mother was all that she was good for. She's also the one who had to manipulate her husband into marrying her when he wasn't that into her with a video. If she hadn't been Mormon, she might have married someone else who was actually into her and might have enjoyed a child free existence if that's what she wanted.

Wow, reading her blog makes me so happy that I thought long and hard about if I should have children or not. I can see some of myself in her, I feel like I would need the month long break from any kids I had too. She seems very overwhelmed. This totally sucked me in haha

I get her blog on my feedly but where else does she post? Her FB?

Instagram is where she's most active these days.

Instagram is where she's most active these days.

Oh thanks!! I will have to add her for awhile if she isn't too exhausting.

I follow her antics. :lol: Was down a 2nd TW rabbit hole when Joshgate 2.0 broke- still trying to catch up on threads. She just went from one extreme to another going from hardcore mormon to hardcore feminist.

This coding "career" that she talks about as if she's already in, throwing so much $$ away for bootcamps...and she doesn't even spend the time to learn. She is perpetually thinking the grass is greener, never happy, on to the next better idea. :cray-cray:

I feel badly for her kids, they seem so much more relaxed in pictures with others around. :cry: Her farming out everything but bedtime with 2 & 5 year-olds is outrageous, but hopefully the kids get something out of it since it doesn't seem they get much (take your pick; security, stability, love, protection) at home. Even bedtime will be done by others if she gets her way. It would probably be good for the kids to spend every summer & break with the grandparents.

I follow her antics. :lol: Was down a 2nd TW rabbit hole when Joshgate 2.0 broke- still trying to catch up on threads. She just went from one extreme to another going from hardcore mormon to hardcore feminist.

This coding "career" that she talks about as if she's already in, throwing so much $$ away for bootcamps...and she doesn't even spend the time to learn. She is perpetually thinking the grass is greener, never happy, on to the next better idea. :cray-cray:

I feel badly for her kids, they seem so much more relaxed in pictures with others around. :cry: Her farming out everything but bedtime with 2 & 5 year-olds is outrageous, but hopefully the kids get something out of it since it doesn't seem they get much (take your pick; security, stability, love, protection) at home. Even bedtime will be done by others if she gets her way. It would probably be good for the kids to spend every summer & break with the grandparents.

Was this the same one who also turned hardcore sex-positive and then posted a pic of her kids playing with her vibrator? And she feeds them PB&J in the car, on the way home from preschool, so she doesn't have to clean the kitchen or dining room?

I think I do recall that charmer, not that I've seen her around lately. Suppose Instagram is the place to go next!

Has she ever said what her husband and children's real names are? The whole T1 thing gets confusing. I was just wondering if she's ever disclosed that information

Has she ever said what her husband and children's real names are? The whole T1 thing gets confusing. I was just wondering if she's ever disclosed that information

Yes and no. The information is definitely out there. She posted T2's birth certificate (praising herself for giving T2 her last name, not TH's) and I've heard her call T1 by his first name on baby videos she posted. TH is an adult and his name is pretty easy to find. But, she's said (I think) that she doesn't want to (and doesn't want other ppl to) refer to them by their names. I can get behind anything that would protect those kids from Jenna's craziness, so the T1, T2 thing doesn't bug me (although I do think of them as Thing one and Thing two, thanks Dr Seuss!)

She gave her one kid her last name and the other has the husbands? Am I reading that right? If so, that's just bizarre.

You are reading it correctly. The blog post explaining her choice is here: thatwifeblog.com/2013/06/27/his-last-name-her-last-name/

Was this the same one who also turned hardcore sex-positive and then posted a pic of her kids playing with her vibrator? And she feeds them PB&J in the car, on the way home from preschool, so she doesn't have to clean the kitchen or dining room?

I think I do recall that charmer, not that I've seen her around lately. Suppose Instagram is the place to go next!

Yep, that's her. Get ready for a lot of head shaking. Definitely go back to April. Her blog, along with instagram, gives the whole picture, and not the one she is trying to portray. :hand: It is pretty clear she barely tolerates her kids.

She gave her one kid her last name and the other has the husbands? Am I reading that right? If so, that's just bizarre.

It happens, and it is bizarre. I have DIL who gave her kids completely made up last names. I had no idea this was even legal.

I am sure when they hit the school district, she might change them to one or other of their last names.

I feel bad for the kids. The internet is permanent and someday, they're going to read that. It may explain a lot about their childhood, but it also will probably be very painful for them to read. I hope that, at that point as well as before and after, they have therapy available.

I used to rant about her. Now, I'm not going to say that she's Parent of the Year, but I find it a bit interesting to browse the blog and see how her views evolved. She's definitely a work in progress, and it can get messy to re-evaluate your life, religion and family midstream. I'll give her a bit of credit, though, for seriously taking a second look and discarding a lot of what she thought she HAD to do as a wife and mother. I think she's actually a great example of how the cult of domesticity (aka religious house arrest, the idea that women belong in the home, with the kids, period) can fail families. Yes, she was home with T1, things looked picture-perfect - but it's clear that it wasn't working for them at all. She was able to admit that there was more to raising children than simply being physically at home with them, and discovered that her son actually needed outside educational resources. No, she didn't become totally enlightened overnight, but at least I see that her thought process shifted and she stopped thinking about her previous rigid roles and started thinking about what might actually work for everyone in the family.

It happens, and it is bizarre. I have DIL who gave her kids completely made up last names. I had no idea this was even legal.

I am sure when they hit the school district, she might change them to one or other of their last names.

I've heard of four kids in the Bay Area who ALL got distinct, individual last names. The parents were white, but one of them got "Chavez" as a last name as an homage to Cesar. They stuck with it, but you can get away with a lot in the Bay. :lol:

Archived