Lori and Ken still can not quit the internet and continue to babble about nothing. They have however, scrubbed the internets of their praise of Josh Dugger. Too bad FJ never forgets...

Continue you discussion and while you are at it, don't forget to employ some GoogleTactics[tm][/tm]. :shifty-kitty:

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26285

Part 2: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26285

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here was the post where Lori pats herself on the back for staying calm when Ken failed to put the toilet lid down. The first comment suggested that toilet lids are a pretty trivial issue, and instead of playing martyr, it might be better to think of all the good stuff that Ken was doing, like taking her to the Cyber-Knife treatments and making some effort to care for her afterward. Ken then chimes in, asking what Lori's reaction should be if he didn't take her to her treatments, and suggesting that she should handle it just like toilet lid issue. Because leaving a toilet lid up is exactly the same thing as not being there for your spouse when they are dealing with a brain tumour and scared shitless.

lorialexander.blogspot.ca/2013/10/putting-toilet-lid-down.html

Lori and Ken are perfect examples of getting what you settle for. And despite having years of pain and surgeries and treatments etc. one would think she would have gained some empathy and compassion. Nope. Ken doesn't seem to be thankful that his wife, who had 2 brain tumors, is recovered and healthy. If all of that doesn't make them appreciate each other, no amount of verse-quoting will.

Lori and Ken still can not quit the internet and continue to babble about nothing. They have however, scrubbed the internets of their praise of Josh Dugger. Too bad FJ never forgets...

Continue you discussion and while you are at it, don't forget to employ some GoogleTactics[tm][/tm]. :shifty-kitty:

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26285

Part 2: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26285

That's Goggle tactics, twin2. :lol:

My situation is a little different since I can't drive anymore, so my husband doesn't have any choice but to go with me to dr. appts and stuff like that.

Even if I could drive, he would probably not let me go alone unless I specifically told him I didn't want him to come for some reason.

However, not only does he take me to my appointments, he has twice now taken off extended time from work to take care of me.

In 2005, he was off work from Sept-Jan 1. He was at the hospital 90 minute drive each way every. single. day. He was also at the rehab facility every day. As a result, I was able to go home 2 weeks earlier than expected.

When I had my surgery in Nov 2014, he was off work from Nov 23-the end of May. He was at the hospital every day. He was at the skilled nursing facilities every day. Again a 90 minute commute each way to the hospital for 23 days. The SNFs I was in are 30-45 minute drives each way and he was there for every day of those as well.

Not only that, but he does all my home care so we don't have to have home health nurses come in. He learned to change my wound vac himself, which my wound dr. said is almost unheard of.

Occasionally, I will grouse about him having to do so much for me and I feel bad that he has to do so much or so much "personal" care type stuff.

His answer is ALWAYS that he loves me and our vows were for better or worse and if the positions were reversed I would do the same for him.

To me THAT is a Christian attitude and what a "godly" marriage looks like. Yet neither of us identify as Christian, so how is it possible? Ken and Lori Alexander know NOTHING about marriage, let alone what a "godly" marriage looks like and they have NO business telling other people how they should act.

AMEN!!! That is the very definition of a godly marriage. My husband takes care of me when my illness is so bad that I need help. I would do the same for him. Marriage vows mean something.

Her FB post from today is rather ironic:

The TV Psalm

The TV is my Shepherd, I shall turn it on.

It makes me lie down on the sofa. It leads me away from the Scriptures. It ravishes my soul.

It leads me in the paths of ignorance and violence, for the sponsor's sake.

Yea, though I walk in the shadow of my responsibilities to my family and my Creator, there will be no interruptions, for the TV is with me. Its cable and its remote control, they comfort me.

It prepares a commercial before me. It plants lies with my mind. It anoints my head with materialism. My coveting runs over.

Surely laziness and ignorance shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house watching TV and its propaganda forever.

Anon

It is of note that Lori has posted about watching tv multiple times. She's admitted to watching The View, DWTS, The Bachelor, football games (including the half time show, which she bitched about), etc.

:roll:

Forgive me, I'm completely new to not only this topic thread but this topic in general.

I have not, yet, gone through all of the nooks and crannies of FJ since becoming a lurker a long time ago. This is the first time I've heard of this lovely lady and decided to do all sorts of reading on her blog.

There are so many moments, in my reading of her blog entries, when I'm thinking "oh, that's a pretty decent point" or "that's a seemingly solid sentence on marriage advice!" But then she quickly reminds me of her evil fundie plot by throwing in some crazy talk soon after anything she says remotely logical. For every sane thought she has, she blows it away with a handful insane logic.

Like the toilet seat post. Ok, I can see the point of "choosing your own battles." She's starting the post out sounding rather sane and has good points. But like all of her posts, she goes off the rails. Then it becomes one sided. I think that's the biggest difference between a non-fundie blogger giving relationship advice versus a fundie: a non-fundie is going to see things from a "WE need to work on choosing our battles. He does this to annoy me and I have my things that annoy him." I absolutely hate how their blogs are written from a "servant" perspective. It's always "I did wrong" or "what can I do to make him happy."

Also, I want to tell her where she can shove her blog when it comes to "women should be having babies during their young and fertile years." You don't control my uterus. More importantly, just because you're in your early 20's doesn't make you instantly more fertile. I should know. (I'm in my early 30's now, though.) This "women are for breeding" concept, just no. It's 2015 and I'm not a farm animal.

Then again, her most recent post is from a guest blogger about being anti-feminist. Of course.

End rant.

Please don't put me in the prayer closet for asking this ('cause I'm not at home and don't have time to chase down all the Lori posts) but what did she have Cyber Knife surgery for?

Please don't put me in the prayer closet for asking this ('cause I'm not at home and don't have time to chase down all the Lori posts) but what did she have Cyber Knife surgery for?

She has a (recurrent?) brain tumor.

Today's blog post is titled "How Feminism Has Make Our Homes Filthy". Lori, please tell us again about your illustrious teaching career. :lol:

Maybe when she is doing that she can also talk about her nanny and housekeeper.

She may have been in the same living space with her children, but other than that she may as well have been an evil feminist. It's not like she did any of the stuff she commands other women to do.

Lobotomy?

Today the godly mentor is teaching her minions how to raise children without spoiling them. Here are a few choice tidbits.

"We also didn't want them to be spoiled or act spoiled so we didn't baby them. If they fell and cried, we ignored them; but only if it wasn't a bad fall. Children are hurting themselves and crying often. If you are always running to them and hovering over them every time they hurt themselves, they will grow up complaining about every ache and pain and looking for attention. When they were sick, I wouldn't let them complain. I'd rock them and give them what they needed, but I never babied them unless they were truly injured. As a result, my adult children are all tough when it comes to pain. They don't complain and look for sympathy. In fact, Erin told me she doesn't even know when Ryan has the flu since he won't complain about it. Life is tough and full of trials. Train them in this way when they are young and they'll know how to handle it when they are older.

I also saw clearly in the home movies that whenever Ken asked them to do anything while he was filming them, they would do it immediately; no arguing or complaining. When he told them to come, they would come. If he told them to dance, they danced! They were obedient children. They obeyed cheerfully from the time they were young. In the several hours of watching the videos, not once did Ken or I have to ask them to do something twice. They grew up obeying their teachers, coaches, bosses, government and most importantly, God!"

It's amazing her children have been able to form relationships given the scant amount of nurturing they received. Also, that whole "if he told them to dance, they danced" immediately brings images of marionettes to mind.

Here was the post where Lori pats herself on the back for staying calm when Ken failed to put the toilet lid down. The first comment suggested that toilet lids are a pretty trivial issue, and instead of playing martyr, it might be better to think of all the good stuff that Ken was doing, like taking her to the Cyber-Knife treatments and making some effort to care for her afterward. Ken then chimes in, asking what Lori's reaction should be if he didn't take her to her treatments, and suggesting that she should handle it just like toilet lid issue. Because leaving a toilet lid up is exactly the same thing as not being there for your spouse when they are dealing with a brain tumour and scared shitless.

lorialexander.blogspot.ca/2013/10/putting-toilet-lid-down.html

UGH. I always tell my significant others that I really don't care if they leave the toilet seat up but that I'm allowed to be severely pissed off until morning if I fall into the toilet in the middle of the night. :)

As it is, the cat likes to jump up on the toilet and almost fell in once, so we leave the seat and the lid down.

n fact, Erin told me she doesn't even know when Ryan has the flu since he won't complain about it.

Really? My husband and I have a rule that if one of us thinks we are coming down with something that would be contagious, we do tell one another and we don't sleep in the same bed...because passing the flu off to your partner is not a loving thing to do. If our bed is likely "contaminated" the well person goes to the guest room. If not, the ill person goes to the guest room. We don't complain, but we don't want to share the germs.

I find it funny that Lori, who has complained mightily about how ill she is right before many big events, didn't want to hear it from her kids...

what a lovely woman

snipped

"We also didn't want them to be spoiled or act spoiled so we didn't baby them. If they fell and cried, we ignored them; but only if it wasn't a bad fall. Children are hurting themselves and crying often. If you are always running to them and hovering over them every time they hurt themselves, they will grow up complaining about every ache and pain and looking for attention. When they were sick, I wouldn't let them complain. I'd rock them and give them what they needed, but I never babied them unless they were truly injured. As a result, my adult children are all tough when it comes to pain. They don't complain and look for sympathy. In fact, Erin told me she doesn't even know when Ryan has the flu since he won't complain about it. Life is tough and full of trials. Train them in this way when they are young and they'll know how to handle it when they are older.

They don't even seem to realize how cold and callous they sound. I have always responded to my kids -- not babying them but acknowledging their pain/discomfort and finding ways to work it out/shake it off/whatever. My kids aren't complainers, and one has suffered a major break with nary a tear. It irks me to see parents take pride in being cruel, and I'm sorry, but blowing off your kids when they are legitimately sick or hurt just makes you a bitch in my book.

And I'm going to guess Ryan is getting colds if he's had so many of them since they've been married. And yeah, I'd expect a grown man to be able to survive a cold without complaints.

Today the godly mentor is teaching her minions how to raise children without spoiling them. Here are a few choice tidbits.

I also saw clearly in the home movies that whenever Ken asked them to do anything while he was filming them, they would do it immediately; no arguing or complaining. When he told them to come, they would come. If he told them to dance, they danced! They were obedient children. They obeyed cheerfully from the time they were young. In the several hours of watching the videos, not once did Ken or I have to ask them to do something twice. They grew up obeying their teachers, coaches, bosses, government and most importantly, God!"

It's amazing her children have been able to form relationships given the scant amount of nurturing they received. Also, that whole "if he told them to dance, they danced" immediately brings images of marionettes to mind.

Holy balls. Yeah, apparently they haven't heard stories from the people that have been raised in families where that sort of expression, love, and attention was completely absent. The stories from people of pain, hurt, anguish, and torment because they're parents treated them like this. You know, the stories that end up being told around the group circle at rehab, AA, or some other type of recovery treatment.

You don't get to chose how your child interprets those actions during very vulnerable stages of brain development. Caring, comforting, and loving on your children when they get a boo boo or are sick isn't causing the raising of ungrateful attention seekers.

Those whom lack the basic needs of receiving nurturing attention during those important parts of brain development can live a life with a deep desire for attention because they *didn't get it* growing up.

As for a child that doesn't get noticed for having the flu because they never complained, you didn't do anything right in suppressing that reaction. If your child can't express basic pains that could be nagging or part of a much more dangerous bigger picture, you're endangering them. You could be missing small signs that are huge warnings that something bigger is going on,

But I guess that's ok because if your kid becomes terminally ill after failing to notice a pattern of symptoms since they never told you they've been having weird things or nagging problems occur, *then* you'll give them attention! Sounds like a logical plan.

I mean, in logic and rational minds, these sort of things are cruel. Cruel and approaching child abuse.

But the only thing that makes it not child abuse and cruel to them? They're sick interpretation of Christianity and their beliefs. That, does not an excuse make. They strongly believe their actions are the righteous and right ones solely because they drag Jesus into it. They're basic foundation of how they raise their kids are no different than those whom are raised in abusive homes. The only difference? They use Jesus as an excuse. The package looks different from the outside but the damage is pretty much the same on the inside.

Look at all of the sick, adulterous, and/or obvious adults (or even teens) in extreme religious sects. You know, the ones that have been caught in the public eye. The ones that are supposed to be leading and standing for the extreme Christian movement. They're just as corrupt, if not more so, than others that haven't been raised in that. Because......the picture looks different but the psychological shit storm is the same caused by abuse that is caused in the name of Jesus.

Lacing your words, home, thoughts, and parenting with extreme Christianity does NOT protect you from raising children that will struggle with your parenting choices/styles later in life. We can all see the obvious evidence of that through all of your fallen leaders, teachers, political figureheads, and everyone else that spews your twisted views. Because they were raised by equally fucked up parents with the same agenda. You reap what you sow.

Emily posted on Fb on Aug. 31. She and Lori have a rather interesting back and forth in the comments. Definitely worth the read. Also worth noting that Lori took a jab at Ken. Apparently he left town on her birthday:

Treat my hubby good. {Leaving on my birthday...it's not very nice of him! smile emoticon }

I sure wish I could have come too. Hopefully soon...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived