IGNORED

Maddie Brown Engaged, Married, Pregnant

Closed Womb

I am not surprised. She didn't move away from the cult at all with this marriage, marrying a Kody approved old family friend.

I have watched the show from the beginning. Maddie indeed appeared to have a mind of her own, and wanted to join the LDS, but was rebuffed. But think about it, the LDS has some pretty traditional beliefs also.

Methinks the babies will be coming fast and furious. She enjoyed being in a mega family and may like having bunches of kids. Hopefully, not doing it just to please her husband, if this is what happens.

I wonder if Kody supported Drumpf. If so, I will not be tuning in this Sunday.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whew. That was quick. She may or may not be LDS instead of FLDS now, but I'm not sure how much it matters.

Mainstream LDS with its patriarical structure, early marriage, and lots of babies isn't that different than a lot of the damaging fundy faiths we watch.

Exmormon.org is very enlightening, if you aren't sure how crushing Mormonism can be, especially for women.

14 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I think these news deserve their own thread. Whodathunk Maddie would pull a Jill Dillard and get pregnant so soon after her wedding. More power to her if that is what she wants but I fear she's being used as an example of how those are being rewarded who turn from a rebellious teenage phase back on the right path after all. Marriage, kids, SAHM...If she goes on to be a Sister Wife, I'll have to eat all my hats. 

http://people.com/babies/sister-wives-maddie-brown-brush-pregnant-exclusive/

Of course, Kodouche is already milking it on twitter and he sure as hell will on the show: 

ETA: more information

Oh boy. I mean there's such thing as being excited but he's a douche bag. :( Man Maddie looks like her mom. I wonder will she have as many babies? 

• 6 months later...
27 minutes ago, keen23 said:

The baby was born a month ago. May 20, 2017. Which shows how not into the Sister Wives family we (as a forum are)

http://people.com/tv/sister-wives-star-maddie-brown-brush-welcomes-baby-boy-see-the-adorable-photo/

I think they listed it on the fundie baby thread. It may have also been mentioned on the Sister Wives thread. 

• 2 months later...

I just saw that Logan and is lady are engaged! I think it was on this thread I saw speculation if they wold get engaged based off her feelings about having kids. 

Screenshot_20170915-171218.png

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2017 at 7:12 PM, Hufflepuffpride said:

I just saw that Logan and is lady are engaged! I think it was on this thread I saw speculation if they wold get engaged based off her feelings about having kids. 

Screenshot_20170915-171218.png

I follow him on Instagram and he seems cool; they drink and cohabitate and he praises her brains and skills as well as her beauty. Not sure about her feelings on kids as mentioned above, but it would be awesome if they're childfree.

27 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

I follow him on Instagram and he seems cool; they drink and cohabitate and he praises her brains and skills as well as her beauty. Not sure about her feelings on kids as mentioned above, but it would be awesome if they're childfree.

Well, it would be awesome if that is what they both want. If he wants kids and she does not, then that is sad and either one gives in or the other person will experience feelings of resentment sooner or later. 

On that note, many people in their early twenties have an opinion on kids. In the 10-20 fertile years to come a lot can change, opinions are not exempt from that. As long as they both consciously agree to whatever they will do, I say more power to them.

Archived