IGNORED

Happy 35th birthday to Paul Arndt

JenniferJuniper

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get very confused on which boy Arndt does what. It seems like some are in the court reporting side, while others do the photography, some do both and others do neither but are often "showing an interest" - whatever that means. Some day, when I am extremely bored I may scour dad's Diary and watch the fam team vids and make a job chart to get my mind clear. Unless anyone else has already done it...

They stopped posting new videos some time ago and took down the most interesting parts of their website - Mark and Luke's diaries. I seem to recall Luke's went on for many years and gave occasional significant insights (albeit unintentionally) into the Arndts.

My own guess is with the wedding photography business taking off, they wanted to make their personal lives more personal. Daddy still posts his save-the-babies and we-love-gays-but-hate-what-they-are-doing-to-us links, but it's mostly typical right-wing stuff that their conservative, white, well-to-do clientele are probably in complete agreement with. Mark and Luke pining 10 years ago about what kind of girl they'd like to marry may seem to be TMI to them now. Not to mention a little sad.

Of course, there's always the wayback machine for anyone with the time or inclination.

Just think of all he will accomplish on the next 35 years.

1. He can put the cupcake liners in the pan without supervision. Things into holes are guy work.

2. He can have a "keen" time making more episodes of their so-called tv show or movie.

3. He can pray for a wife young enough to have children.

4. He can have a "swell" time playing softball with his siblings--just like when he was 7.

I just wanted to post to say how much I hate you all for making me fall down the Ardnt rabbit hole. I spent hours last night reading everything from the old individuals and families sections on these people but it wasn't enough...I had to explain to my children why I was watching a youtube video of some family I don't know play ping pong in their basement. At least they don't know about the other Arndt videos I watched. Had to see the penguins go on vacation and strangers shoot their Christmas card.

I can't unsee any of that.

First the Maxwells now the Ardnts...you people are a bad influence on me. No more rabbit holes.

(Oh, and I think their rather unusual manner of speaking is practicing to make ASMR artists on youtube their next business venture. It's the only way I can explain hitting their consonants, especially the t's, so hard.)

I just wanted to post to say how much I hate you all for making me fall down the Ardnt rabbit hole.

...why I was watching a youtube video of some family I don't know...

Welcome! I seriously think there is something subliminal in those videos. For as dry and boring as they are, you just can't stop watching.

Welcome! I seriously think there is something subliminal in those videos. For as dry and boring as they are, you just can't stop watching.

Right?! It's like being in a weird trance. So glad it's not just me.

1. He can put the cupcake liners in the pan without supervision. Things into holes are guy work.

OMG - I snorted soda out of my nose when I read the bolded sentence! :laughing-rolling:

I'm 2 more vids in (softball and curling)...why aren't these people on TLC? they have this subtle but quirky sense of humor and competence that ive never seen hint of in any Duggar.

In the archery scenes? They encourage David's interest and his abilities without showboating. And Rick makes speaks to their deliberate safety measures, you see John matter of factory enforcing those safety rules while playing with his brother. That's how you properly teach kids stuff like that.

And have you seen the outside shots of the house? Whoever is doing that lawn is edging up near the house without any weed overgrowth nor any damage to the siding from the weedwhacker. I've never seen anything that perfect that wasn't professionally landscaped.

I am continually reminding myself that over 30 in bunk beds at home means something ain't right, because based on these videos I want to go throw my beautiful and sweet 22 year old daughter in the path of an Ardnt boy. God knows my own sons are never going to edge the lawn that beautifully. Yeah, she loves her boyfriend that she picked out herself but can he build a house?

I love their family accent - it's very asmr-y for me and I could listen to that all day.

I'm 2 more vids in (softball and curling)...why aren't these people on TLC? they have this subtle but quirky sense of humor and competence that ive never seen hint of in any Duggar.

In the archery scenes? They encourage David's interest and his abilities without showboating. And Rick makes speaks to their deliberate safety measures, you see John matter of factory enforcing those safety rules while playing with his brother. That's how you properly teach kids stuff like that.

And have you seen the outside shots of the house? Whoever is doing that lawn is edging up near the house without any weed overgrowth nor any damage to the siding from the weedwhacker. I've never seen anything that perfect that wasn't professionally landscaped.

I am continually reminding myself that over 30 in bunk beds at home means something ain't right, because based on these videos I want to go throw my beautiful and sweet 22 year old daughter in the path of an Ardnt boy. God knows my own sons are never going to edge the lawn that beautifully. Yeah, she loves her boyfriend that she picked out herself but can he build a house?

I love their family accent - it's very asmr-y for me and I could listen to that all day.

That's why I have a soft spot for them. They seem like such nice, genuine, fun guys. It's only when you look at their ages and realise how many there are in their mid twenties to thirties, still living at home, unmarried, that you remember the weirdness that is Arndt.

It's the Arndt penguin obsession that gets to me. Mark and Luke faking the demise of Benji in the washing machine, starting at the 14 minute mark:

[bBvideo 560,340:3eo75xpu]

[/bBvideo]

:penguin-no: :penguin-no: :penguin-no:

It's the Arndt penguin obsession that gets to me. Mark and Luke faking the demise of Benji in the washing machine, starting at the 14 minute mark:

.../snipped video

:penguin-no: :penguin-no: :penguin-no:

Yeaaaahhhh...that's a little...special, isn't it. :?

From FB: Arndt Photog. shot Jim & Meghan Edmonds wedding? That's HUGE! Jim's a formal MLB player and now some national sportscaster. Meghan is basically pretty and lucky, but I'm thinking their ceremony was in Los Angeles?

Meghan Edmonds is the newest cast mate on the Real Housewives of Orange County. Her Husband has also made appearances and by the looks of it, well, his attitude speaks for itself or he's been the victim of editing. Debatable based on the viewer's opinion.

Yeaaaahhhh...that's a little...special, isn't it. :?

I can't get over the brothers, who must have been twenty-fivish at the time, pulling a prank that I would expect out of a fourteen year old boy. :wtf:

The thing that always strikes me about the Arndts is that so many of their quirks seem fine on their own. Continuing a birthday tradition from childhood. Having a running family joke (penguins). Playing softball with you dad and your brothers. Video project that never really goes anywhere but they enjoy doing.

Many of us probably have similar things in our lives. My dad and I send each other postcards of various animals, the weirder the better, and write variations of "this one looks like you" on the back. We used to do it all the time when I was a kid, point out an odd creature and say "that one looks like you," especially on vacation. He takes me oru to dinner on my birthday at the restaurant of my choice. It's been that way as long as I can remember. But I'm also a married adult with my own life.

But with the Arndts, it gets weird when you stack all these things up.

They also have a lot of opportunity to meet women. They go to the Y. At weddings, the photographer usually spends a fair amount of time with the bridal party and there's usually at least one single woman bridesmaid. I'm sure there are single women at the wedding and being the photographer gives you an easy way to approach them. I wonder if their "god will drop a spouse in front of me" belief somehow precludes them from actually pursuing a woman. Maybe they're like the guy on the roof in a flood who keeps turning down rescue attempts and then wonders why he drowned. God is dropping potential wives in front of them all the time, but somehow they don't realize they should say "hi" and start a conversation. Maybe they expect to open the front door one day and see a woman in a wedding dress and a gift tag that says To: Mark From: God.

I think it will take just one of the boys to get married, and there will then be a domino effect with a few of the others following in quick succession. Who will be first cab off the rank, if ever, I have no idea...

Okay, couple of weird things in that video.

When John comments that Kathy is making faces at him, she puts up her fists to pretend to hit him, but he flinches and puts his hands up to protect himself. Not really a reaction I'd expect from a grown man to his mother being playful.

Then she's dabbing at something on James face like he's 5.

Then at 2:50 Kathy's walking arm in arm with 2 manboys. Yet, one of the youngest boys, who would expect to still be holding his mom's hand, is not.

As for the joke, it's the sort of thing guys in their early 20s would do to each other.

So to me, it makes it seem like the manboys can't differentiate between age appropriateness for their brothers. Since they still do things their youngest brothers do (like the legos), they imagine that their youngest brothers would find the prank funny.

It says a lot about their enmeshment.

Do you think the Arnt parents will get any grandchildren? That must be a record...13 (?) healthy kids and no grandkids.

Do penguins count? How about cloning?

From FB: Arndt Photog. shot Jim & Meghan Edmonds wedding? That's HUGE! Jim's a formal MLB player and now some national sportscaster. Meghan is basically pretty and lucky, but I'm thinking their ceremony was in Los Angeles?

Dozens of photos to choose from & they picked Arndt? I know the photogenic are good but to have THAR level

Clientele ?

These guys lead way more full lives than famteam blog indicates and they must Connected to shoot the Edmonds event!

Also his FB says he's from Belleville, IL, but lives in St. Louis. Again: wonder how truthful the blog is.

arndtphotography.com/blog/ I just saw that. Worlds colliding.

Archived