IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, according to some links posted on the Josh thread, the Duggars went to a church service earlier in the day before the wedding. There's a pic from them at the church service. Everyone is wearing the same thing they wore to wedding, except for Michelle. You can see she's wearing a blue top of some sort.

So, she specifically changed into that white outfit for the wedding. That's just....so bitchy.

I am sorry but fundies do not do weddings well on short notice or on the cheap. Half the time I think the purpose of fundie weddings is to show how low they can go on less time and less money. The brides to be don't have job, school or or pretty much anything else to do with their time so you would think that their weddings would be better put together.

In addition to the bolded statement, they also seem to be vying for the winning spot in the "oooooh, it's so haaaard to find a modest wedding dress" competition. We've seen all sorts of hideous dresses and patch-job monstrosities on family blogs, including, quite notably, the wedding dress of Nadia Botkin. None of us could quite figure out what was up with the modesty panel on that dress!

My mother stored her wedding dress. It's not something I'd ever wear for my own wedding because even if it were to fit me (it hasn't zipped up on me since I was 14 since have much larger breasts than my mother and I'm also taller than her so it would have to be made longer), my mother married in the 80s and the dress is now a very dated style (although it was very stylish for her time).

But I'm hoping to be able to take some material or lace from it one day and incorporate it into my wedding look, even if it's something as simple as taking a little bit of the lace or material and wrapping it around my bouquet.

I know you didn't ask for suggestions so sorry to butt in; but I cut a sleeve off of my gown and my daughter had her bouquet tucked into it. Her bridesmaids' bouquets were wrapped in lace from the ruffles on my train. She had no desire to wear my gown (not that I blame her...) but also wanted it as part of her day and this was an easy way to do that.

We've seen all sorts of hideous dresses and patch-job monstrosities on family blogs, including, quite notably, the wedding dress of Nadia Botkin. None of us could quite figure out what was up with the modesty panel on that dress!

I googled Nadia Botkin's wedding dress and holy cow! :O I can't tell where the original dress ends and the added pieces begin. It also looks kind of uncomfortable at the top.

Eta picture 520558d8065d2e9e68046801baf537c0.jpg

So, according to some links posted on the Josh thread, the Duggars went to a church service earlier in the day before the wedding. There's a pic from them at the church service. Everyone is wearing the same thing they wore to wedding, except for Michelle. You can see she's wearing a blue top of some sort.

So, she specifically changed into that white outfit for the wedding. That's just....so bitchy.

I wonder if they might use the white/gold or blue/black dress argument. "Oh no, her dress was totally blue all along, it was just the lighting!"

I googled Nadia Botkin's wedding dress and holy cow! :O I can't tell where the original dress ends and the added pieces begin. It also looks kind of uncomfortable at the top.

Yep. I agree. I think it really depends on the people. I don't really have any wealthy friends so I don't think I'd be invited to anything super formal (thank God!) Are you in Omaha, by any chance?

Des Moines area. My fiancé (husband after Sept. 26) is just a Husker fanatic. Like legit crazed fan. His mother has Cornhusker ceremonial candles she lights after every Nebraska touchdown.

They could wear a Kate Middleton type dress, but nooo, they walk down th aisle in these frankestein patchwork monstrosities

I'm convinced they do that deliberately so they can say, "Look how modest we are!" They don't look modest. They just look stupid.

i liked the lines of Amy's dress even though it was not well fitted. She could have worn a balero type jacket or lacy shawl if she wer interested in the Duggars and their standards. If she had been married in some churches (not just fundie) it might have been inappropriate to show so much skin.

But for her and her venue she was fine in her choice. Especially if she felt as beautiful as every bride hopes to feel on her wedding day.

The reception dress looked like her bridesmaid dresses but ugly.

I wondered how that "send off" worked? Was it like the Van Trapp family singing Goodbye, Farewell? An announcement, "Ok,folks, the Dj is going to play some secular music and people are going to start dancing so pack up now so you don't go deaf and blind and have to spend a week in the prayer closet!"

I'm convinced they do that deliberately so they can say, "Look how modest we are!" They don't look modest. They just look stupid.

I agree and what's interesting is that it never occurred to me how I know plenty of girls on my campus who never show cleavage or a lot of thigh. They wear jeans/longer shorts, and t-shirts with sleeves but I have never thought of them as "modestly dressed". They are just dressed. It's not until you haphazardly patch stuff together that it's noticeable. A lot of the "modest" stuff also looks incredibly ill-fitted a lot of times.

I wonder if part of the reason for the casual Duggar attire is that they all literally go to so many weddings that they're over it and don't want to bother with finding nicer clothes. If you've been to one wedding, you've been to them all in Duggarville.

Although, I do find it interesting that Michelle's daughters are far more likely to recycle wedding outfits than Michelle herself is. I don't think I've ever seen Michelle wear the same thing twice to a wedding.

I was expecting to see the lime green blouse paired up with a skirt. But maybe after the 400th time she wore the lime green blouse, it became worn and she had to throw it out.

Des Moines area. My fiancé (husband after Sept. 26) is just a Husker fanatic. Like legit crazed fan. His mother has Cornhusker ceremonial candles she lights after every Nebraska touchdown.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, and I hope you are not going crazy in preparation for it! I did both my daughters' weddings by myself and with two weeks to go I was going into panic mode.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. And damn...I was wrong about Omaha. But Des Moines is close enough. :) I have family there and it's quite nice.

I've got a lot of love for Omaha. Great memories of visiting close friends there and going to the Henry Doorly zoo, and eating Italian food at Caniglia's. And, I could see how the Nebraska football reference could throw people off. I'm typing this as I'm looking at the TV with the huge Cornhusker flag hanging over the wall above it. The things we do for love...

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. And damn...I was wrong about Omaha. But Des Moines is close enough. :) I have family there and it's quite nice.

I have nothing to add but Congrats on the up coming wedding. It is rare that I find people from the Des Moines area on the forums I frequent. September is a love time to get married around here, my husband and I will be celebrating 19 years on the 21st. : :D

Des Moines people are the best people. As Jack Kerouac said, "The prettiest girls in the world live in Des Moines." :P Which was why, MONTHS AGO, when one of the Duggar girls liked on Twitter that young political aide from Des Moines, I about lost it. Of course, it would have been a shit show if that had really turned into a courtship up here, but I want to keep the Duggars far, far away from my beautiful Heartland. We already have Steve King...

I've never understood the appeal of 'trash the dress'. It feels like such a waste. I don't know anyone who has done one, everyone I know has either stored their wedding dress because they wanted to keep it, pulled it apart to make Christening/First Communion gowns for their children, sold the dress and made back a chunk of the money they spent on it, or donated it to charities like the one that provides dresses for military brides or refugee brides. No one I know has been tacky enough to destroy their wedding dress.

I do know a couple of people who had it included in their wedding photography package. One person 'donated' the photography session asking that it be used for family photos of a family who can't afford to get nice photos taken (which I loved) and another just went and bought a $50 white dress and used that for a 'paint fight' with her husband (in an old pair of jeans and a cheap white top from H&M) for some 'fun' photos that while she wouldn't have ever taken otherwise, she got done because she figured 'why not' because they was free.

The only trash the dress shoot I liked was a woman who was stood up at the altar. She used the fact that she was so upset and that she had already paid for a photographer and trashed the shit out of her dress while the photographer took pictures with her and her bridesmaids. Then she said she had a big dance party with all of her family and friends. (I'm assuming his family and friends left pretty quickly after he didn't show up)

But that's a little different.

Just went down that rabbit hole, what in the ever loving fuck is she wearing?

Amy and Anna use to be close. Even after Anna had the baby. The worst thing I remember Anna saying about Amy was that at least her kids did not pee on the floor like Amy's pocket puppy. Things changed when the Duggers started to distance themselves from Amy. Anna may have been forced to end their friendship.

I was doing one final sweep of the Internet before bed and Amy tweeted 2 hours ago and said

AmyRking @amyduggar

There is definitely a thin line between being tasteful and being tacky. Hmm.

9:59 PM - 8 Sep 2015 from Arkansas, USA

First I thought Jessa, then I realized it could also be Meechele and her white dress. Probably Jessa though. Interesting she is in Arkansas still though!

I was doing one final sweep of the Internet before bed and Amy tweeted 2 hours ago and said

AmyRking @amyduggar

There is definitely a thin line between being tasteful and being tacky. Hmm.

9:59 PM - 8 Sep 2015 from Arkansas, USA

First I thought Jessa, then I realized it could also be Meechele and her white dress. Probably Jessa though. Interesting she is in Arkansas still though!

Turn on her, Amy, and put her on blast for being such a little brat!

It's not really "trashing" the dress as in ruining it. It's a photo shoot where you get dirty and do things that you normally wouldn't do in a wedding dress. Like jumping in the ocean, riding a horse, playing in the mud, etc. Many dresses get horribly dirty just walking around the reception (mine was kind of gross) but clean up surprisingly well. I washed mine in the bathtub with Dawn dish soap and it had some really dark spots on the hem from walking across the parking lot to get in the car (I didn't do a "going away" outfit).

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived