IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

The Duggars have lost their mind. In a post on Facebook about Amy's wedding, they focused on (and gave a link to) Jessa's wedding photos.

The comments are SCATHING. It used to be that 95% of the comments were positive. This time it is the exact opposite.

They just have no clue how to handle this PR nightmare, do they?

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, someone asks this every five pages of this thread and it has been covered multiple times. Would you like me to explain it to you again?

It never ceases to amuse me how people get so aggressive over "things that have already been discussed". We go over the same topics for pages, and pages and more pages, it's not like every post has a new piece of information or a completely new outlook on things.

I know the rules, I read a lot, post very little, I obviously missed something, I asked a question...if you think it was such a horrible offense, why are you even wasting your time answering?

[Germany - South, I guess traditions differ here as well]

Usually (all the weddings I've been to or see while walking past a church): Very formal. Men in black suits with ties. Women dresses or trousers but no jeans. Normally a wedding starts with Church at 1pm or so (+/- a couple of hours) followed by a sit down dinner (different courses or a buffet), cake and coffee and a party at night. Last wedding was like that. Dinner and everything else at a hotel, booked for that occasion. Imagine the Royal Wedding from British (or any other) Royal Family. Fewer guest, fewer money but everything else is the same. Palace = hotel. 8-) On the way from Church to the location you usually drive behind everyone else and you blow your horn to let everyone know that someone got married. Technically illegal behaviour but tradition. It is at least a one day event. Breakfast on the next day for immediate family and guest from other regions is common too.

On the evening before the wedding (or a few days before it) there is usually a so called "Polterabend". Party for all the guests and you throw mugs or plates on the floor and the couple has to clean it all up. That should prepare them for the hard work inside a marriage or something like that. Lots of alcohol is involved. Throwing toilets is also not uncommon. :lol:

Church wedding even if you don't really believe is also the norm. Hey, most of the churches are so damn pretty. Not getting married there would be such a waste. Really.

Those weddings (Jessa, Jill, Amy...) are so different to what I know. Especially without all the fun things, like dinner, dancing, drinking, dumb games for everyone (one wedding I attended had friend of the groom singing out of huge bins...).

About Jessa releasing her wedding photos:

I try not to think that any of the Duggar women prioritize upstaging one another (for example, the alleged feud between Jill and Jessa), but shit like this makes it hard for me to stay on the fence.

I honestly do think that Jessa wanted everyone to pay attention to her since there was another Duggar family wedding going on, but damn, couldn't she have waited a few weeks to release those pictures? Did she really just not consider the timing, or was she that upset that Amy was getting attention for her own wedding on her day? :disgust:

Same here. I have and will continue to roll my eyes at the idea that Jill and Jessa were ever competitive with each other, but this move on Jessa's part is blatant, and I don't even think that Jessa wants the attention, per se. I think she's bitter over the scandals and loss of the show/income, and maybe angry at Amy for what she's been saying about the family. While Jessa has kind of criticized Josh, it's in a way very much consistent with her beliefs. Amy and Dillon have been much more mainstream in their criticism.

And speaking of Amy's comments, the more I think about them, the more annoyed I am. She can't wait to change her name and not be a Duggar anymore. She gave Michelle and Anna gifts at her wedding. She doesn't have to worry about wearing long skirt anymore!!! Bitch, please. The only reason Amy was even on the show and given any sort of attention was because she was the "normal" pants-wearing cousin that made the Duggars seem less batshit because they were willing to publicly associate with her. It's like she's trying sell the story of being the one who "breaks free" from the family so she can get that tell-all book deal that none of her cousins will write.

Jessa's an asshole, but Amy deserves it. I will happily judge them both.

ETA: The Duggars have posted Jessa's wedding pics on facebook and not Amy's? Oh, yeah, they are pissed at Amy over her comments to the press.

If you get married on a farm in hot weather....well, I think you can expect almost anything as far as what the guests wear to the wedding. In a church, well then guests need to dress up and look right!!

I know you don't want to actually read the thread n00b

This is obnoxious as fuck. I've noticed you being an asshole on a couple threads lately. It's not a good look.

Here's a response from Facebook: "Where in the Bible does it say, "thou shalt not where white to a wedding"? It doesn't, that is a silly, man-made rule. It is a late summer wedding, if people want to wear white or a pale color in order to stay cool then so be it." (left the typo in for you)

She was STAYING COOL you guys. And the only way to do that is to wear a white dress at a wedding.

That makes perfect sense, and even explains why she wore the metallic tin man costume to her daughter's wedding.

[Germany - South, I guess traditions differ here as well]

Usually (all the weddings I've been to or see while walking past a church): Very formal. Men in black suits with ties. Women dresses or trousers but no jeans. Normally a wedding starts with Church at 1pm or so (+/- a couple of hours) followed by a sit down dinner (different courses or a buffet), cake and coffee and a party at night. Last wedding was like that. Dinner and everything else at a hotel, booked for that occasion. Imagine the Royal Wedding from British (or any other) Royal Family. Fewer guest, fewer money but everything else is the same. Palace = hotel. 8-) On the way from Church to the location you usually drive behind everyone else and you blow your horn to let everyone know that someone got married. Technically illegal behaviour but tradition. It is at least a one day event. Breakfast on the next day for immediate family and guest from other regions is common too.

On the evening before the wedding (or a few days before it) there is usually a so called "Polterabend". Party for all the guests and you throw mugs or plates on the floor and the couple has to clean it all up. That should prepare them for the hard work inside a marriage or something like that. Lots of alcohol is involved. Throwing toilets is also not uncommon. [emoji38]

Church wedding even if you don't really believe is also the norm. Hey, most of the churches are so damn pretty. Not getting married there would be such a waste. Really.

Those weddings (Jessa, Jill, Amy...) are so different to what I know. Especially without all the fun things, like dinner, dancing, drinking, dumb games for everyone (one wedding I attended had friend of the groom singing out of huge bins...).

One question: where does one acquire toilets for throwing? That sounds like fun. I can already picture it: "let's see how many drunk people it takes to throw a toilet 3 yards!!"

The Duggars have lost their mind. In a post on Facebook about Amy's wedding, they focused on (and gave a link to) Jessa's wedding photos.

The comments are SCATHING. It used to be that 95% of the comments were positive. This time it is the exact opposite.

They really don't. As cringeworthy as it is to watch unfold, it's also amusing and entertaining. Also I expect Famy to retaliate a bit and maybe leak more comments about the family in the press, or maybe King Dill Pickle will drop another Instagram rant :popcorn2:

They really don't. As cringeworthy as it is to watch unfold, it's also amusing and entertaining. Also I expect Famy to retaliate a bit and maybe leak more comments about the family in the press, or maybe King Dill Pickle will drop another Instagram rant :popcorn2:

I have never been a huge Amy fan, but I hope that she throws them under the bus. To me, it seems that the Duggars have always treated her as a "less than" part of the family. Like, "she wears britches and kisses boys, but we love her anyway because she is family and Jesus told us to".

I think Amy has used the Duggar name in an attempt to become famous and her now-husband has posted some semi-douchey things, but I sincerely wish them all the happiness in the world and hope that they can have a nice, normal, non-Duggar married life and maybe fade from the public eye.

All they had to do was wait a week or two... easy!

@VR: "I think a lot of people base their opinions off what they know. For instance, I live on the East coast and around here we tend to throw fancier weddings then what you see in Fundiedom - that means, nighttime receptions, semi-formal to formal attire, drinking, dancing, etc. There are times that it's tough for me to keep in mind that there are different standards of acceptable wedding attire across the country.

If the Duggars showed up to a wedding here wearing their usual wedding attire they would look kind of out of place. At the weddings they usually attend though they look fine to me - except Michelle. She almost always manages to find a way to ruin a perfectly good outfit."

When i read this a have a question, do people have a dress code for weddings normally in the US? I know that here if you want something like that you just put it on the invites (like dress casual or up). Even funerals have that here sometimes because people don't want it all to be in black clothes

Most of the time? I don't think so. Some couples do put down their requests for attire on the invitations (to help guests know what to wear), but a lot of people don't. Fiance and I are having a more typical East Coast wedding this fall and didn't put down anything for attire; partly because most people know what to wear and partly because we really don't care what is worn as long as people come and have fun. :lol:

I do think setting and the area of the country you're in have a lot to do with what is worn. If you're getting married in a Church and having a sit-down dinner reception afterwards, then formal or semi-formal attire is probably the way to go. If you're getting married on a farm in the afternoon, then you may be ok with something a bit more casual.

Amy's wedding was a mix of those two - outside in the summer on a farm, but with a dinner and dancing reception afterwards. I personally think the Duggars were fine with what they chose to wear.

One question: where does one acquire toilets for throwing? That sounds like fun. I can already picture it: "let's see how many drunk people it takes to throw a toilet 3 yards!!"

I don't know, I'm in the "old plates and mugs"-team. 8-)

I guess some of them buy them or know someone who has some old ones. Usually someone

in the wedding party has some contacts to a plumber or someone like that.

Important thing is not to throw mirrors because well all now that is considered unlucky.

Another thing is that the bride can be hijacked by friends of the groom and the groom needs to find her. This is South German only thing if I remember it right. The bride and the friends of the groom usually go drinking in a bar (or many different bars) and the groom has to pay the bills along the way and find the bride. Sometimes this is done so real that the police is called. (Rare, but it happens and end up in the newspapers.)

On the evening before the wedding (or a few days before it) there is usually a so called "Polterabend". Party for all the guests and you throw mugs or plates on the floor and the couple has to clean it all up. That should prepare them for the hard work inside a marriage or something like that. Lots of alcohol is involved. Throwing toilets is also not uncommon. [emoji38]

My son attended one of these last year when he had an internship in Germany. They threw a toilet off the balcony.

I have never been a huge Amy fan, but I hope that she throws them under the bus. To me, it seems that the Duggars have always treated her as a "less than" part of the family. Like, "she wears britches and kisses boys, but we love her anyway because she is family and Jesus told us to".

I think Amy has used the Duggar name in an attempt to become famous and her now-husband has posted some semi-douchey things, but I sincerely wish them all the happiness in the world and hope that they can have a nice, normal, non-Duggar married life and maybe fade from the public eye.

I think Amy and Dillon are realizing that when they dish out the insider information, people listen. They figure they will get famous by talking about the Duggars. I didn't like how the Duggars treated Amy either, they were always very rude to her and never included her as a bridesmaid in their weddings (Amy would have jumped at the chance to be one of Jill's bridesmaids in Jill's super popular televised wedding...and Jessa's.) I also don't like how fame hungry Amy is though and how low she is stooping to get it. It will not surprise me if Amy is the one to write the tell all book. She is so desperate for fame she would do anything.

Not that anyone asked my opinion... but...

As for the males, can someone explain to me the color combos going on with the shirts and ties?? Why do they have to be so clashy?

Not sure, as I really don't follow fashion at all, except to say that I think it's a current trend in the south. (I live in CA where most boys would not dress that brightly - at least, not while in dressy attire.) One of my FB friends who lives in Atlanta posted a pic back in May of her 8th grade son's school formal and all the boys were dressed like that.

I have a question...are really short engagements a fundie thing, a Christian thing, an Arkansas thing, or a varies-from-person-to-person thing?

My "engagement" (the time that elapsed between hubbie and I decided to get married and the actual wedding), was about three weeks long, but I had a City Hall wedding and a lunch in a nice restaurant with a small group of people...I can't imagine pulling that kind of a wedding off in 2 months...I would go insane in the process!

I think short engagements are kind of a requirement in fundie land. For most people I know the engagement lasts about a year, usually for planning purposes. I am Catholic and to be married in the church, you have to do pre-marital counseling and then try and find a Saturday that isn't already booked for another wedding. This is none negotiable for some people. A lot of people, myself included, only want to be married in their church, or a specific venue for others, and are willing to wait. Plus, some people just like more time for the planning to make the day their dream day. A lot of people have jobs or school and it's harder to find the time to plan quickly. I know a lot of people plan beautiful weddings on short notice, others just want the extra time. I am sorry but fundies do not do weddings well on short notice or on the cheap. Half the time I think the purpose of fundie weddings is to show how low they can go on less time and less money. The brides to be don't have job, school or or pretty much anything else to do with their time so you would think that their weddings would be better put together.

As to wedding attire, I think Jessa looked fine, outside of the weird slip I didn't notice until someone pointed it out. This was an outdoor afternoon wedding in Arkansas and it is a hot day. It's not a place for a full length gown more appropriate for an evening wedding. If this was an evening wedding, I would say that they were all underdressed.

Why would Michelle wear white to Amy's wedding? I think between that and releasing Jessa's wedding photos- it's a sure bet the family is trying to upstage Amy.

I could also see Michelle doing this to bring attention to the fact that she was a young "pure" bride, blah blah blah!

I think Jess is just upset that she is not getting attention. Afterall, she was the most "super virginal" bride of all the Duggars and didn't even show her wedding kiss. I can totally see Jessa having a fit that she has a covenant marriage and how can Amy be getting all this attention? She doesn't realize that your wedding pics are old news by the time you are ready to give birth to your first child.....

I think Amy and Dillon are realizing that when they dish out the insider information, people listen. They figure they will get famous by talking about the Duggars. I didn't like how the Duggars treated Amy either, they were always very rude to her and never included her as a bridesmaid in their weddings (Amy would have jumped at the chance to be one of Jill's bridesmaids in Jill's super popular televised wedding...and Jessa's.) I also don't like how fame hungry Amy is though and how low she is stooping to get it. It will not surprise me if Amy is the one to write the tell all book. She is so desperate for fame she would do anything.

This is probably coming from the fact that I'm currently planning a wedding, but I've never understood why some people get so hung up on extended family needing to be included in the wedding party.

Like the Duggars, I have one cousin on my father's side (unlike them, I have no other cousins). My older sister and I did not pick her to be in our weddings because we simply aren't that close to her. We love her, but there were other people (siblings and friends) we decided to pick instead. It's entirely possible Jill and Jessa chose not to ask Amy to be a Bridesmaid for the same reason - they love her, but aren't particularly close to her.

Poor J'slaves... they're taught all their lives that "dating" and kissing is of the devil. Then their own cousin, the one that they look down upon as misguided, marries a guy who she actually cares about for more reasons than the fact that he can get her pregnant... all while the oldest son proves to leave pieces of his heart (and DNA) anywhere he seems to be able.

Keep clutching those pearls, Duggars...

About Jessa releasing her wedding photos:

I try not to think that any of the Duggar women prioritize upstaging one another (for example, the alleged feud between Jill and Jessa), but shit like this makes it hard for me to stay on the fence.

I honestly do think that Jessa wanted everyone to pay attention to her since there was another Duggar family wedding going on, but damn, couldn't she have waited a few weeks to release those pictures? Did she really just not consider the timing, or was she that upset that Amy was getting attention for her own wedding on her day? :disgust:

maybe this was jessa's passive agressive way of approving of Amy and Dillion lambasting josh and this was the only way she could say it

:D

or Jessa is an attention whore and we just don't know it :D

@VR: "I think a lot of people base their opinions off what they know. For instance, I live on the East coast and around here we tend to throw fancier weddings then what you see in Fundiedom - that means, nighttime receptions, semi-formal to formal attire, drinking, dancing, etc. There are times that it's tough for me to keep in mind that there are different standards of acceptable wedding attire across the country.

If the Duggars showed up to a wedding here wearing their usual wedding attire they would look kind of out of place. At the weddings they usually attend though they look fine to me - except Michelle. She almost always manages to find a way to ruin a perfectly good outfit."

When i read this a have a question, do people have a dress code for weddings normally in the US? I know that here if you want something like that you just put it on the invites (like dress casual or up). Even funerals have that here sometimes because people don't want it all to be in black clothes

I don't know about anyone else...but we certainly didn't have a dress code. We didn't care how people dressed for our wedding. And I don't think I've ever gotten an invitation that told me how to dress.

I'm 28, live in the Midwest, and I swear all I'm doing this fall is going to weddings. We went to one over Labor Day weekend that was at the fanciest mansion in the city. Even though it was hot, I dressed formally. My fiance, who was mad because he was missing the Nebraska football game, threw a fit that if he had to go, then he would be in jeans and a dress shirt, because it was hot. (And it WAS freaking hot and humid). Anyways, I let it go because it wasn't worth a fight, but he was the only guy in jeans there. After the outdoor ceremony, all the guys wearing suit jackets immediately took them off. My point is, I'm going to casual outdoor weddings (will see more jeans and even shorts gasp!) and I'm going to weddings where formal attire is printed on the invite. Here in the Midwest, you will literally find all types of styles at weddings. It really just depends on your venue atmosphere and if you personally ask your guests to dress formally.

Yep. I agree. I think it really depends on the people. I don't really have any wealthy friends so I don't think I'd be invited to anything super formal (thank God!) Are you in Omaha, by any chance?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived