IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About Jessa releasing her wedding photos:

I try not to think that any of the Duggar women prioritize upstaging one another (for example, the alleged feud between Jill and Jessa), but shit like this makes it hard for me to stay on the fence.

I honestly do think that Jessa wanted everyone to pay attention to her since there was another Duggar family wedding going on, but damn, couldn't she have waited a few weeks to release those pictures? Did she really just not consider the timing, or was she that upset that Amy was getting attention for her own wedding on her day? :disgust:

@VR: "I think a lot of people base their opinions off what they know. For instance, I live on the East coast and around here we tend to throw fancier weddings then what you see in Fundiedom - that means, nighttime receptions, semi-formal to formal attire, drinking, dancing, etc. There are times that it's tough for me to keep in mind that there are different standards of acceptable wedding attire across the country.

If the Duggars showed up to a wedding here wearing their usual wedding attire they would look kind of out of place. At the weddings they usually attend though they look fine to me - except Michelle. She almost always manages to find a way to ruin a perfectly good outfit."

When i read this a have a question, do people have a dress code for weddings normally in the US? I know that here if you want something like that you just put it on the invites (like dress casual or up). Even funerals have that here sometimes because people don't want it all to be in black clothes

I have a question...are really short engagements a fundie thing, a Christian thing, an Arkansas thing, or a varies-from-person-to-person thing?

My "engagement" (the time that elapsed between hubbie and I decided to get married and the actual wedding), was about three weeks long, but I had a City Hall wedding and a lunch in a nice restaurant with a small group of people...I can't imagine pulling that kind of a wedding off in 2 months...I would go insane in the process!

I wonder which announcement will come first: Amy Duggar pregnancy or Amy Duggar divorce.

Pregnancy. She'll try to snug him, only to divorce him before the child is 5

I have a question...are really short engagements a fundie thing, a Christian thing, an Arkansas thing, or a varies-from-person-to-person thing?

My "engagement" (the time that elapsed between hubbie and I decided to get married and the actual wedding), was about three weeks long, but I had a City Hall wedding and a lunch in a nice restaurant with a small group of people...I can't imagine pulling that kind of a wedding off in 2 months...I would go insane in the process!

I know you don't want to actually read the thread n00b, but the consensus is that she was engaged for a while and planning the wedding with TLC, so the timeline isn't what it appears to be.

The quick weddings are a fundie thing, but Amy isn't fundie, just attention seeking. She needed to get it in while the 15 minutes were still going, sort of.

Not that anyone asked my opinion... but...

I think Amy's wedding dress looked nice. Yes, the boobs were popping out. But other than that, the simple look complimented the barn venue and she looked good. Now, the reception dress I have a problem with. WTF is that mess? It's shiny, has weird seams all over, and looks like its trumpet on the bottom??? Just no. And its the same color as the bridal party dresses. So weird.

Duggar family attire was awful as always. Ladies, please learn what formal means. I know that Anna owns more formal dresses than that crap. We've seen her in that little black number for political parties. But I guess cousin Amy's wedding isn't important enough for any of them to get dressed up. As for the males, can someone explain to me the color combos going on with the shirts and ties?? Why do they have to be so clashy?

Lastly, the wedding itself seemed really nice. Real food, dancing, alcohol. The whole shebang. My only question is how do they know 400 people??? And how did they afford it?

I was not being "lazy" about reading posts (I actually spend more time reading Free Jinger than I would care to admit), I obviously missed something.

That makes more sense, that seems like an awful lot of work for such a short time...ah...this so called Christians and their little lies and reenactments and produced "real life".

To underdressed Duggar's defense (eeeeeeeeeeeeeep) I'm going to point out that Blessa is no longer dressing the entire family post marriage and turning over closet duties to - yeah I forget but someone else. Which excuses the howlers on down.

I wonder if part of the reason for the casual Duggar attire is that they all literally go to so many weddings that they're over it and don't want to bother with finding nicer clothes. If you've been to one wedding, you've been to them all in Duggarville.

Although, I do find it interesting that Michelle's daughters are far more likely to recycle wedding outfits than Michelle herself is. I don't think I've ever seen Michelle wear the same thing twice to a wedding.

Not that anyone asked my opinion... but...

I think Amy's wedding dress looked nice. Yes, the boobs were popping out. But other than that, the simple look complimented the barn venue and she looked good. Now, the reception dress I have a problem with. WTF is that mess? It's shiny, has weird seams all over, and looks like its trumpet on the bottom??? Just no. And its the same color as the bridal party dresses. So weird.

Duggar family attire was awful as always. Ladies, please learn what formal means. I know that Anna owns more formal dresses than that crap. We've seen her in that little black number for political parties. But I guess cousin Amy's wedding isn't important enough for any of them to get dressed up. As for the males, can someone explain to me the color combos going on with the shirts and ties?? Why do they have to be so clashy?

Lastly, the wedding itself seemed really nice. Real food, dancing, alcohol. The whole shebang. My only question is how do they know 400 people??? And how did they afford it?

I am gonna give Anna a pass cause she is going through hell and might not fit in some of her clothes yet. Michelle and her white dress on the other hand....bad, bad, bad :naughty:

It was a wedding on a farm with the reception in a barn. So while the girls should have worn something nicer than the clothes they rolled out of bed in, the setting is casual and so the clothes do not have to be fancy.

"More pictures here including Anna, Jessa, etc.

Michelle wore white to Amy's wedding. WTF is wrong with her"

This was several pages back on the first Amy thread, but I had to bring it over.

And my answer is, "That's a loaded question."

This was several pages back on the first Amy thread, but I had to bring it over.

Here's a response from Facebook: "Where in the Bible does it say, "thou shalt not where white to a wedding"? It doesn't, that is a silly, man-made rule. It is a late summer wedding, if people want to wear white or a pale color in order to stay cool then so be it." (left the typo in for you)

She was STAYING COOL you guys. And the only way to do that is to wear a white dress at a wedding.

I know you don't want to actually read the thread n00b, but the consensus is that she was engaged for a while and planning the wedding with TLC, so the timeline isn't what it appears to be.

The quick weddings are a fundie thing, but Amy isn't fundie, just attention seeking. She needed to get it in while the 15 minutes were still going, sort of.

Normally i won't react on something like this, but she has a username, why go this way?

Normally i won't react on something like this, but she has a username, why go this way?

Uh, someone asks this every five pages of this thread and it has been covered multiple times. Would you like me to explain it to you again?

@VR: "I think a lot of people base their opinions off what they know. For instance, I live on the East coast and around here we tend to throw fancier weddings then what you see in Fundiedom - that means, nighttime receptions, semi-formal to formal attire, drinking, dancing, etc. There are times that it's tough for me to keep in mind that there are different standards of acceptable wedding attire across the country.

If the Duggars showed up to a wedding here wearing their usual wedding attire they would look kind of out of place. At the weddings they usually attend though they look fine to me - except Michelle. She almost always manages to find a way to ruin a perfectly good outfit."

When i read this a have a question, do people have a dress code for weddings normally in the US? I know that here if you want something like that you just put it on the invites (like dress casual or up). Even funerals have that here sometimes because people don't want it all to be in black clothes

I'm 28, live in the Midwest, and I swear all I'm doing this fall is going to weddings. We went to one over Labor Day weekend that was at the fanciest mansion in the city. Even though it was hot, I dressed formally. My fiance, who was mad because he was missing the Nebraska football game, threw a fit that if he had to go, then he would be in jeans and a dress shirt, because it was hot. (And it WAS freaking hot and humid). Anyways, I let it go because it wasn't worth a fight, but he was the only guy in jeans there. After the outdoor ceremony, all the guys wearing suit jackets immediately took them off. My point is, I'm going to casual outdoor weddings (will see more jeans and even shorts gasp!) and I'm going to weddings where formal attire is printed on the invite. Here in the Midwest, you will literally find all types of styles at weddings. It really just depends on your venue atmosphere and if you personally ask your guests to dress formally.

Oh, it's just so wrong. I'm not a style maven or anything like that, but there are just some "rules" that I'd never break. Like Don't Wear White to someone else's wedding (unless you were specifically asked/told to do so). I grew up in Massachusetts, and suits are the norm for night weddings, while sport coats are a daytime thing. Never jeans. I base my wardrobe choices on the invitation- you can generally infer the level of formality from the invitation itself (or perhaps my mother drilled Emily Post's rules into my head enough that I figure it out). In Arizona, where we live now, weddings are far more informal. It's acceptable for men to wear khakis (or even shorts) and short sleeved collared shirts to weddings.

AND I realized how snobby the above sounds...

I liked Amy's dress. I wish she'd kept it on at the reception instead of changing into that other thing.

It was pretty tacky of Jessa to try to upstage Amy with her wedding pictures. It is not all about you.

I know that Anna owns more formal dresses than that e black number for political parties. But I guess cousin Amy's wedding isn't important enough for any of them to get dressed up.

Anna deserves a pass on this. She had a baby month ago and is going through the shittiest month of her life right now. I'm sure she doesn't fit into most of her clothes yet and shopping is the last thing on her mind.

Uh, someone asks this every five pages of this thread and it has been covered multiple times. Would you like me to explain it to you again?

But calling the poster "n00b" sounds nasty and pretentious.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived