IGNORED

Any "fresh faces" to snark on???

antwan

I searched and hadn't found this one yet. She's not much of a fundie, but snark-worthy all the same.

thisvictorianlife.com

Sarah Chrisman and her Husband Gabe are both historians who aim to live like it's the Victorian era. She published a preachy article on Vox in the last couple weeks, and my boyfriend and I have been snarking on her ever since. She seems to think she's better than other people because she wears a corset, washes all her laundry by hand, and only reads victorian era literature. I don't even know how she's managing to pay for all this stuff, because from what I can gather they're both history teachers.

She also has a really bizarre understanding of history, and romanticizes it to the extreme. I don't know how she survived her college level history courses with the way she discusses the era.

That Vox article... ugh. I always get irritated when people think that historical artifacts exist in a vacuum. You can't just put on the clothes and understand what it was like to be a person of that era, or understand the difficulties faced by women in particular. You say she's not much of a fundie... is she at all fundie? I think I was too stunned by the rest of the piece to notice!

Slate had a great response though.

slate.com/articles/life/history/2015/09/vox_victorians_sarah_a_chrisman_s_essay_on_living_like_a_victorian_is_preposterous.html

Just wondering if there is a forum (or previously started thread) on which to post new life? (Ha!)

I found a few ( who may well have been discussed before, though I didn't see their names on the family lists).

First, an Alyssa Bates look-alike (and I do believe she wore pants in a few photos). Her groom looks to be quite a ways from needing to shave....

thescotts2015.blogspot.com/

And I found the above blog as a rabbit trail from this ATI family blog...

thescotts2015.blogspot.com/

And these (ATI) families:

10burnetts.com/tag/ati-conference/

stelzlfamily.com/ (This family runs their own business, The Country Muffin)

The husband looks like a teenager!

I searched and hadn't found this one yet. She's not much of a fundie, but snark-worthy all the same.

thisvictorianlife.com

Sarah Chrisman and her Husband Gabe are both historians who aim to live like it's the Victorian era. She published a preachy article on Vox in the last couple weeks, and my boyfriend and I have been snarking on her ever since. She seems to think she's better than other people because she wears a corset, washes all her laundry by hand, and only reads victorian era literature. I don't even know how she's managing to pay for all this stuff, because from what I can gather they're both history teachers.

She also has a really bizarre understanding of history, and romanticizes it to the extreme. I don't know how she survived her college level history courses with the way she discusses the era.

Sorry for double posting, but...

The pictures of her washing her hair...wow, just wow

thisvictorianlife.com

Oh my Christ those two. They're so insufferable. I especially can't stand that they're riding pennyfarthings. Real Victorians dumped them for "safety bicycles" (pretty much the modern bike) rapidly as they're unsafe as hell.

thisvictorianlife.com

Well aren't they special. :roll:

thisvictorianlife.com

Oh boy this is a rabbit hole I can get lost in. Someone save me. :whistle:

Not a fresh face, per se, (she was discussed once here -- viewtopic.php?f=205&t=7335&p=189414&hilit=alabaster+jar#p189414), but Jolene Engle is quite the piece of work. This was the woman who refused to get a job even though her family lost their house twice and the kids had holes in their shoes. Her blog used to be The Alabaster Jar, but she's at joleneengle.com/ now.

The FJ thread above goes off on a tangent, but then comes back around to her.

• 4 months later...

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate section to ask where I can find an existing topic or not, but here goes:

A few months ago, someone posted a few links of new fundie bloggers and one particular couple was very young, and the bride looked a lot like Alyssa Bates-Webster and her husband looked about 16!  I cannot remember their names or the name of the topic, so my searches did not return any new info.

Can anyone help? :)

6 minutes ago, blessalessi said:

I don't know that couple, but was this the thread you were thinking of?

that's the one! thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 9/8/2015 at 5:55 PM, Kira said:

megafamilies.blogspot.com

This site has a huge list of large family blogs.

I just discovered this blog and came to FJ to see if it had been discussed. Only blogging families with 7 or more kids qualify and, HMMOG, one of them has 54 kids. Harness up the rescue ferrets. I'm going in.

Archived