IGNORED

Any "fresh faces" to snark on???

antwan

Just wondering if there is a forum (or previously started thread) on which to post new life? (Ha!)

I found a few ( who may well have been discussed before, though I didn't see their names on the family lists).

First, an Alyssa Bates look-alike (and I do believe she wore pants in a few photos). Her groom looks to be quite a ways from needing to shave....

thescotts2015.blogspot.com/

And I found the above blog as a rabbit trail from this ATI family blog...

thescotts2015.blogspot.com/

And these (ATI) families:

10burnetts.com/tag/ati-conference/

stelzlfamily.com/ (This family runs their own business, The Country Muffin)

fencingmama.blogspot.ca/

Single woman, obsessed with having children and cats, adopts 4 children in short order. Is suprised with the high level of need of her two eldest. Meets a firefighter from across the street and tries to have a relationship with him while juggling 4 adopted kids, and a daycare she runs from home.

fencingmama.blogspot.ca/

Single woman, obsessed with having children and cats, adopts 4 children in short order. Is suprised with the high level of need of her two eldest. Meets a firefighter from across the street and tries to have a relationship with him while juggling 4 adopted kids, and a daycare she runs from home.

Whoa, that's a lot of "all over the page." Interesting read.

I think that jiggleromp's style of post, with a link and a summary of why the family interests her, is a good way to bring new faces to our attention. :)

I haven't seen the Raley family discussed on FJ. They live in southern Maryland and have a mix of biological and foster children:

raleyfamilysfarm.blogspot.com/

fencingmama.blogspot.ca/

Interesting person!

Whoa, that's a lot of "all over the page." Interesting read.

And she's homeschooling the kids. She tried putting one of the daughters in public school, but just pulled her out (after three weeks). Said it was more difficult putting the special needs daughter in public school, with mom working at an in-home daycare. So she's teaching her special needs daughter at home, with three other special needs daughters, while caring for other people's kids. Good grief.

Sorry about the ramble :) Even in my speech I tend to go on like that :lol:

Fencingmama makes me scratch my head, I am never set in how I feel about her. So, for me, she is a good read.

fencingmama.blogspot.ca/

This sounds like the plot of a cheesy romance novel! :lol:

This guy came to mind a day or two ago. Perfect place to dump his website.

Pastor Joe Schimmel. Fundie-light-ish (YMMV) preacher/teacher. I used to listen to his sermons back before I developed a heinous koolaid allergy. He's all over the Kirk Cameron/Ray Comfort type stuff.

Go here to find out why all rock music and hollywood in general is the big bad stanic evil.

goodfight.org/

quite literally all things tie back to various teachers which tie back to another group which often tie back to Allestir Crowley (Sp). :cray-cray:

If that isn't enough. His church website

blessedhopechapel.org/joe.html

She is LDS. Just to add to the fun. :twisted:

She seems to have a very negative attitude about a lot of what her children are going through or their perceptions, Blossom in particular. :/

fencingmama.blogspot.ca/

...aaaannnddd the first thing I read on her blog was "Let's here it for homeschooling!" *facepalm*

She seems to have a very negative attitude about a lot of what her children are going through or their perceptions, Blossom in particular. :/

It rubbed me the wrong way, too. It bugs me that she reiterates how her girls can't/don't think. They are plenty savvy enough to visit their favorite sites on the DL. Yet she's stuck on how they won't obey. It gives me pause to ponder how she disciplines.

She is LDS. Just to add to the fun. :twisted:

I would guess that the LDS church would frown on a single woman adopting children, right?

Sissy's (nearly 17) reading and writing are very poor. She is failing at a beginning 2nd grade level. It's not the language, it's her inability to process and think. She doesn't draw from any experiences she's had at all in any of her writing. Math, she's 6-7 grade and doing very well. We had a great surprise. If I give her a blank piece of paper and tell her to draw a picture, it's about like a 5-6 yr. old would draw, subject as well as ability. Last week, though, I gave her bottle of salad dressing to draw and it was very well done. She didn't even know herself that she could draw like she did. I, of course, had no idea either.

excerpt. sounds really bad.

are all her kids chinese?

in any case it looks like they need a special needs teacher and not some hometeacher.

I just read some more and my mind is boggled, it is obv quite selfless adopting older kids from a chinese orphange but whats she gonna do? is she going to keep them as long as she lives or put them in to sate care?

not sure what LDS is but She sounds like a family of a badly scripted reality format.

LDS = Latter Day Saints (Mormons)

I searched and hadn't found this one yet. She's not much of a fundie, but snark-worthy all the same.

thisvictorianlife.com

Sarah Chrisman and her Husband Gabe are both historians who aim to live like it's the Victorian era. She published a preachy article on Vox in the last couple weeks, and my boyfriend and I have been snarking on her ever since. She seems to think she's better than other people because she wears a corset, washes all her laundry by hand, and only reads victorian era literature. I don't even know how she's managing to pay for all this stuff, because from what I can gather they're both history teachers.

She also has a really bizarre understanding of history, and romanticizes it to the extreme. I don't know how she survived her college level history courses with the way she discusses the era.

It rubbed me the wrong way, too. It bugs me that she reiterates how her girls can't/don't think. They are plenty savvy enough to visit their favorite sites on the DL. Yet she's stuck on how they won't obey. It gives me pause to ponder how she disciplines.

I got the same impression re Blossom. She definitely seems to favour Apple. Scratch that- she actually seems to favour her fire fighter over all of her children :roll:

I got the same impression re Blossom. She definitely seems to favour Apple. Scratch that- she actually seems to favour her fire fighter over all of her children :roll:

Poor things. They snuck onto QQ, which is a Chinese social networking site. Sounds like they just wanted to talk and interact with other Chinese teens their own age.

I cannot understand why this woman banned QQ. Yes, supervision would be good, but they should be allowed to interact with other Chinese teens. It's GOOD for them. When I was in China, I would be on social media A LOT (sometimes via proxy when it was banned). The major differences in culture, looks, and language create an INCREDIBLE sense of alienation and isolation that is hard to transcend even if you are around people all the time. I went on social media to feel normal.

I think these kids are the same. They just want to talk to someone like them to so they don't feel like they are different and wrong for two seconds. It's a very normal human need.

And, you know, they probably have friends back there that they want to catch up with. And they probably want to keep their language alive.

Poor things. They snuck onto QQ, which is a Chinese social networking site. Sounds like they just wanted to talk and interact with other Chinese teens their own age.

I cannot understand why this woman banned QQ. Yes, supervision would be good, but they should be allowed to interact with other Chinese teens. It's GOOD for them. When I was in China, I would be on social media A LOT (sometimes via proxy when it was banned). The major differences in culture, looks, and language create an INCREDIBLE sense of alienation and isolation that is hard to transcend even if you are around people all the time. I went on social media to feel normal.

I think these kids are the same. They just want to talk to someone like them to so they don't feel like they are different and wrong for two seconds. It's a very normal human need.

And, you know, they probably have friends back there that they want to catch up with. And they probably want to keep their language alive.

Ah, someone else who has been in China! I taught English in a Primary School there, and EVERY lesson with my Grade 5 & 6 they would ask me for my QQ, Wechat etc. Social media is a huge thing in China, and from a very young age.

I too spent a hell of a lot of time on social media- you don't know frustration until you've encountered a weak VPN signal and the great firewall of China! In all seriousness, as much as I loved China I felt extremely isolated at times, and really did come to rely on social media as a crutch of sorts. And I'm an adult. I can't even imagine how those poor kids must feel- a little compassion from their Mother wouldn't go amiss :(

Archived