IGNORED

Truck Upcycling With Lady Lydia

Anny Nym

I definitely got "passive-aggressive jab at husband" from this post! I'm within an afternoon's drive of her house and I have to tell you I'm SO tempted to do a drive by just to see if she's having a lonely tea party in the yard. Yes I know this is creepy and will probably get me a mention on the GOMI thread. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember the TV show "Pimp My Ride?" This could be for a a show called "Fundie My Ride."

I swear to Dog. Fundies have no aesthetic eye. And I wonder how LL's husband feels being surrounded by so much pink.

Her blog always makes me think of when I was eleven and my mom let me paint my bedroom pink. My older brother said it looked like a bottle of Pepto-Bismol had exploded in there. :lol:

I just read the post about her church singing titled 'Busy Days' from September 1st. It is so back and forth and so very odd and confusing. Here's a summary:

--teacups to start the entry, of course

--drawing in her Bible

--church singing (copyrighted photos--don't download them! :whistle: )

--125 singers from 10 congregations (12 people per church, then??)

--photo of pink dresses

--drawing of pink dresses

--a copy of the drawing of the pink dresses

--singing again--her handsome husband leading (her words, not mine)

--back to the pink fabric used for the dresses

--another picture of church singing

--two painted drawings of the pink dresses

--pictures of the patterns used for the pink dresses

--two more pictures of the painted drawings--one of these is framed

Yes, I guess if you make dresses out of pink fabric and keep drawing, copying, and painting pictures of said dresses, I guess it's a way to stay busy, but I'm pretty sure Lydia put that "busyness" on herself. What a strange blog!

By the way, she has a new post today! :dance:

Penny makes Lydia look Amish. Check out her fall home tour here

penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2015/09/fall-home-tour.html

Clearly not a lot of cooking goes on in that kitchen!

That mess makes me itch and I'm sure I'd be sneezing ....

The wearers of the pink dresses in the photo with the heads cut off intentionally were her daughter and granddaughter.

She's 63, a year older than me but acts like she's much older. Oh sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :whistle:

They live in Oregon in farm country. She was in Australia helping her aged mother move into an assisted living home, and while she was there she Lydiafied the small caravan trailer her mother lived in. She was born in Alaska and her father was a fisherman. How they got to Australia I don't think has ever been addressed.

She had a tea party with 2 lovely ladies, one who had a gorgeous sleeveless dress on. She drew a picture of them and added sleeves to the one dress. I called her on it, but she didn't post the post.

As far as the Chevy truck, in our family it would have been stripped for usable parts, and then hauled off to the junker. Grandpa would never have old rusty crap lying around his farm yard. Hell, he even built 2 new storage sheds for the tractors, cultivators, and disckers.

ETA: October is coming--- don't forget to look for the pink dazzled pumpkins!

They live in Oregon in farm country.

Do we know what town or county?

The picture of the tablecloth is making me think there is a casket underneath, not a dining table! Am I the only one? Even the chairs don't make it feel like a table. The odd centerpiece isn't helping either, since it could easily be a casket arrangement...

Honestly you guys, I always thought Lydia already took the biscuit when she posted about sewing her paperwork together 1-2 years ago! :?

Poor old Lyds, she was my gateway fundie so I've always had a soft spot for her beribboned pinky frilly hellhole house but lately she seems to be in a serious decline.

On her wedding anniversary she posted

"So far I have received one card. People are not sending cards as much as they used to, possibly due to so much electronic messaging. I went to the Dollar Tree and got some 50-cent anniversary cards to display on the mantel. I will add that picture to this post later. "

In August she said "Also, I pretty much have to post more often even when I have no interesting information to share, because if I allow weeks to pass by without doing so, I get phone calls from people overseas inquiring after my health and welfare. I am glad, though, because it reminds me how long it has been since I last posted.

July was especially busy for Lyds "For the last few weeks I have been preparing my house for guests who were coming to spend an afternoon with me" and later "I do not like to complain, but the house is not in good shape, needs a lot of painting, repair and updating."

Buy Lyds is always full of plans "This year I am trying to make a few things that I have always wanted to try: sheets, a wedding dress from muslin or eyelet, accessories, furnishings, a trousseau, and hats."

There is only one thing to be said about Lydia: she's bonkers.

Aaaaah, my beloved Lydia :lol: Always good for some serious WTF'ing. I do wonder though about her mental state. She seems to be naturally low energy, which I think is why she posts all the admonitions for housewives to conserve their energy, but recently, her stuff has gotten kind of childish, for lack of a better word. It's really quite a change from her earlier posts. The real constant has been those cheap quilting cotton dresses. She could have been quite a good seamstress, if she wasn't so fixated on using wretched materials.

In her latest post, she's painted crowns in her bible with water colors.

I haven't worked with water colors much, but aren't boble pages super thin and not good for paints in general? I don't even use highlighters in mine, preferring to use colored pencil that doesn't bleed through he page.

Oh dear. Just found this thread/fundie. Holy exploding pepto bismal bottles batman. :pink-shock:

Aaaaah, my beloved Lydia :lol: Always good for some serious WTF'ing. I do wonder though about her mental state. She seems to be naturally low energy, which I think is why she posts all the admonitions for housewives to conserve their energy, but recently, her stuff has gotten kind of childish, for lack of a better word. It's really quite a change from her earlier posts. The real constant has been those cheap quilting cotton dresses. She could have been quite a good seamstress, if she wasn't so fixated on using wretched materials.

Remember the white fleece coat?

• 5 weeks later...

Lydia has moved on from the truck, now she is upcycling a tree stump to wash her hair, I kid you not.

"This year I have been trying to do some things I have always wanted to do. Yesterday I was looking at the tree stump that sits in my back yard and decided to use it as an out door wash stand, for a nature themed hair washing."

blogger-image--558847079.jpg

But it all became less to snark about and actually pretty sad:

"Afterwards, when you wrap your head in a fresh, crisp towel from the line, you feel renewed and happy and somehow reassured that you are not without the ability to be happy. Try this, just for the experience of one happy moment."

She's washing her hair in the backyard? Do her neighbors think she's a lunatic?

I think it's pretty safe to assume that answer to this is "yes".

I saw this from the corner of my eye and thought "great, she bedazzled and be-pinked the toilet". Poor Lydia, her entire self seems tatty and crumbling.

I can barely snark on Lydia any more. She's so obviously clinically depressed and getting sooooo desperate for anything to blog about.

Reading her gives me cold chills because if I had not broken out of my fundie funk, as I call it, I could have become her. Seriously.

Ten years ago I repeatedly told myself I would never do anything outside the home again and my highest calling would be to stay at home and be a Christian wife.

Now I'm going back to school and I want to become a marine biologist, which is all I've ever really wanted to do.

Thank the flying spaghetti monster I had a nervous breakdown and got professional help. FOR REALS. :fsm:

She's washing her hair in the backyard? Do her neighbors think she's a lunatic?

Pretty sure they started thinking that a looooooong time ago. At this point her washing her hair outside while standing next to a decorated tree stump probably is just something they expect to see.

Lady Lydia is just getting sad. She is clearly very, very depressed and someone in her life needs to intervene and get her help. She shouldn't have to stand outside washing her hair next to a decorated tree stump to experience one happy moment. :cry:

That sounds cold and miserable.

Yeah it's been in the high 60s here this week- not freezing but not exactly "wash your hair in lukewarm water outdoors" weather either. (Although I'm not sure that weather actually exists...)

Archived