IGNORED

Truck Upcycling With Lady Lydia

Anny Nym

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: On first reading, I thought that she was making curtains for her kitchen window so she didn't have to look out at a truck that a neighbour had parked outside. I'm :o that she made curtains to decorate the inside of a truck, just to make it appear pretty to look at.

If the truck belongs to her, why not just move it? Is she really that stupid, or was that just an extraordinary way to let her spouse know that his truck displeases her?

With anyone else I would think they were making fun of themselves with this post, but I think Lady Lydia might really be serious. :?

There is still work to be done in the back, so I can't show it yet. I am trying to decide what to put under the canopy. If I absent mindedly lock myself out of the house, it would be good to have somewhere to go, so maybe I should furnish it well.

LOL! I'll take the opposing view and say it's a funny and clever solution to a view she didn't like.

She needs to be careful lest the neighbors think she's all uptown, now, though.

I'm stunned. Even coming from Lydia, this is just...

A "refreshment area" next to a truck you admittedly loathe? If you must change the view, why not just make a covering for the whole thing-- as you would for an old sofa-- and be done with it? No, I guess it's better to sit right next to it and have tea with it so you can write a blog post about how very, very hard it is to be a good Christian woman in a world of dirty old trucks.

What is it with this woman's self pity? Every time I read one of her posts I feel like I can hear her *sighing deeply* through the screen. "Oh, I'll make the best of it, somehow..."

Five years ago, Lady Lydia could have erected a nice trellis a few feet in front of the hole in the shrubbery, and trained a flowering vine to grow on it. That way, the break in the shrubbery could still be used for a path, but the truck would no longer be visible from the window.

It would have also been something else for her to decorate with tacky crap from the dollar store. If the vine died, she could have found some pink garbage bags, made ginormous bows, and sprayed everything within an inch of its life with glitter!!!!

Fail, Lady Lydia, fail. :naughty:

This tickles me enormously. I don't know why.

I can see why she'd be unhappy with the truck, but I think the trellis/vine solution would have been a better one. I will never understand how she manages to furnish the whole outdoors with all her frills, fringes and furbelows without attracting spiders, dirt and mildew.

Cartmann, I doubt the dollar store id her style. She is more of a thrift shop garage sale kinda gal ;) . WTF about keeping old crap around so the neighbors don't think they are doing to well and get jealous?! Did my tired eyes read that? She said the front seat has wheat growing in it :think: . That old truck can be interesting looking. too bad it is brown though. If her husband refuses to scrap the truck, I wonder if it would make a cool planter? Fill the bed up with flowers that dribble down maybe.......

I don't think that canopy is meant to stay up permanently, and I doubt it would be comfortable to sit under it in the bed of an old truck. She would have to crouch. I think it would be hot as hell without air circulating anyway. Do we know what part of the country she lives in? Between her Miss. Haversham themed thanksgiving table and this, I think this woman is nuttier than squirrel poop. :nuts:

Oh but she adores the dollar store and some thrift stores. Nearly all her candles are the electric ones sold at the dollar store. She buys her fabric at Wally World most of the time, Joanns only if she's got coupons. I think she is really depressed but won't seek any help.

She is from the crazy church I was raised in! I knew it was crazy enough to make it onto FreeJinger. I could tell fairly quickly from reading her blog, then the pictures of her church and the acapella singing cinched it. Sure enough, there are links to Church of Christ apologetic websites at the bottom of the blog.

I'm pretty sure Lady Lydia's neighbors think she is fucking insane.

And they'd be right. I don't know if this is the biggest waste of time she's indulged in, but it's got to be up there.

Also, wouldn't it be easier to leave a spare key with a neighbor?

I'm stunned. Even coming from Lydia, this is just...

A "refreshment area" next to a truck you admittedly loathe? If you must change the view, why not just make a covering for the whole thing-- as you would for an old sofa-- and be done with it? No, I guess it's better to sit right next to it and have tea with it so you can write a blog post about how very, very hard it is to be a good Christian woman in a world of dirty old trucks.

What is it with this woman's self pity? Every time I read one of her posts I feel like I can hear her *sighing deeply* through the screen. "Oh, I'll make the best of it, somehow..."

She and Sharon White could have a sigh-off.

And they'd be right. I don't know if this is the biggest waste of time she's indulged in, but it's got to be up there.

Also, wouldn't it be easier to leave a spare key with a neighbor?

Or hide one underneath a bedazzeled rock?

My mouse is not letting me highlight, copy, or paste, but there is a blog linked called the retro homemaker. This blog is not at all about homemaking but post after post about how persecuted she is for choosing to stay home. She has been blogging five years and its all bitching about people asking her if she works. now that is a crazy lady.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is another rabbit hole I have fallen down, isn't it? :pink-shock:

Oh yes, Lady Lydia is the keeper of a pink, glittery, paper-doily-festooned labyrinth... that opens into the depths of a dollar or thrift store and garage sale-decorated hell.

ETA I saw Lydia's name in the thread title and clicked faster than I could blink because I too wondered what the old gal was up to lately.

Or hide one underneath a bedazzeled rock?

My mouse is not letting me highlight, copy, or paste, but there is a blog linked called the retro homemaker. This blog is not at all about homemaking but post after post about how persecuted she is for choosing to stay home. She has been blogging five years and its all bitching about people asking her if she works. now that is a crazy lady.

I... I kind of want to bedazzle a rock now.

Cartmann, I doubt the dollar store id her style. She is more of a thrift shop garage sale kinda gal ;) . WTF about keeping old crap around so the neighbors don't think they are doing to well and get jealous?! Did my tired eyes read that? She said the front seat has wheat growing in it :think: . That old truck can be interesting looking. too bad it is brown though. If her husband refuses to scrap the truck, I wonder if it would make a cool planter? Fill the bed up with flowers that dribble down maybe.......

I don't think that canopy is meant to stay up permanently, and I doubt it would be comfortable to sit under it in the bed of an old truck. She would have to crouch. I think it would be hot as hell without air circulating anyway. Do we know what part of the country she lives in? Between her Miss. Haversham themed thanksgiving table and this, I think this woman is nuttier than squirrel poop. :nuts:

Going to a thrift shop would be too overwhelming for Lady Lydia, because she might have to mix with The Poors or maybe even a hippy, and it would cause whatever stress/sensory/agoraphobia issue she has (there's no diagnosis) to flare up. This is a woman who considers spending $14 at Hobby Lobby a grand day out. She adores her local dollar store because they have an seemingly endless supply of garbage that meets her standards: scented, pink, glittery, cheap. Hell, she buys her china there.

If I seem hard on poor Lydia, it's because she's my favorite fundie, and if not for the occasional post here I'd be sending URLs to my friends and demanding they read her posts.

I saw the truck this morning and could not wait to see what FJ would say about it. Also, as a farmer, no. Not every farm has a broken down brown truck. When things break down, we fix them or scrap them.

Oh, my god. She quotes Edgar Guest, widely regarded as one of the most tedious and preachy American poets.

I'm sorry. I'll stop. Soon.

Such a nice contrast between that rusty truck and this fine china.

It is not fine china. It is a heavy, opaque cup and saucer set with some garish roses stamped on it. I will not expand on Lydia's dubious economy. Oh, yes I will. Did she already have a pink mini-window box with fake flowers hanging around, or did she go out and buy one?

I saw the truck this morning and could not wait to see what FJ would say about it. Also, as a farmer, no. Not every farm has a broken down brown truck. When things break down, we fix them or scrap them.

Amen to the bolded. If this truck is to the point where it has wheat growing in the seats, it seems like it is time to take it to the junk yard...

Such a nice contrast between that rusty truck and this fine china.

It is not fine china. It is a heavy, opaque cup and saucer set with some garish roses stamped on it. I will not expand on Lydia's dubious economy. Oh, yes I will. Did she already have a pink mini-window box with fake flowers hanging around, or did she go out and buy one?

If Lydia would stop her dollar tree spending sprees, she could save enough money for some real china. Just sayin...

I'm stunned that she didn't spray paint the truck pink. Lydia is slipping.

Random thoughts:

Talulah? You know the church? Spill!

Polecat and Cartman: Don't be silly. Why grow things when dollar store fake flowers sprinkled with glitter are so much prettier.

Lisa: Her neighbors probably think she is so nuts they won't let her leave a key with them. She has a massive collection of mismatched pink floral tea cups but they are not "Royal Doulton with the hand-painted periwinkles rosebuds" quality. She bears a remarkable resemblance to Hyacinth Bucket in her delusions.

Blessalessi and others new to Lady Lydia: The thing about Lady Lydia is not just that she buys copious amounts of random crap, but that she can't leave it alone once she has bought it. Everything is pinkified, glitterated, beflowered, and glue gunned to death.

I think she is both bored out of her mind and depressed because 90% of what she posts appears to be a fantasy of what she wants her life to be. The truth about her family is not rosy pink at all. I doubt she entertains ladies to afternoon tea - ever. She also did not live what she preaches to others.

She is not that old and doddery. I'm pretty sure she is still only in her 50s but I may be wrong. I'd pity her if she weren't so utterly poisonous, racist, snobbish and judgemental.

And for a bit of trivia: Lydia Sherman is also the name of a notorious serial murderer in the late 19th century. The original Lydia Sherman bopped off 3 husbands and a few of her own children. I sometimes fear that we will spot a mummified, pink painted, glittered, Lord Sherman propped up in a corner in one of Lady Lydia's photos. How anyone other than Lydia can live in that sea of pink frilly dust catchers is beyond me.

Archived