IGNORED

Emily Long (treasures from a shoebox) courting

ladyaudley

I finally caught up with the Long family (who don't post on the Treasures blog anymore, but instead the older girls and Cheryl have a blog called The Long Way to Go - clever!) and it appears their 23 year old daughter Emily has been courting Wesley Carmichael (whose parents are involved in Modesty Matters) since July! thelongwaytogo.com/in-a-long-courtship-how-we-met/

I am intrigued to know what these "doctrinal issues" were that kept the courtship on hold for so long...

This isn't scary at all

They are still the final authority in my life. I am not supposed to submit to the guy I am courting until marriage. This can become a bit tricky because I am spending so much time with this man, discussing everything. Literally.

Isn't God suppose to be her final authority?

This is funny though

My love language is physical touch, which I must keep in check for now, as we desire a hands-off courtship.

Hands-off!

I also find it odd that she linked a pre-courtship questionnaire from stufffundieslike.com

Does she not realize it is making fun of people like her?

Not familiar with this family, but that courtship seems to have train wreck written all over it. And I read the oldest sister's bio page. Another old maid daughter-at-home (age 26 and counting) who is "apprenticed" (translated "getting some training to pass the time 'til my Prince Charming's GPS finds me.) She likes cross-stitch (I did, too,...in 1987), and wearing a jean skirt in summer (standard fundie uniform, -really???), and she shares her most favorite "Spoonerism" ever. Delightful! :clap: (I'll not ruin the surprise for y'all.)

Anyone know where this congress lives? :shrug:

Someone tell me if I am spamming but this family has me completely engrossed in their fundiefest. I feel sorry for the oldest girl,

I am a 26 year old Conservative Christian who believes what I believe because I choose to believe it, not simply because my parents do.

I am unfamiliar with the family, so I did a search and found this thread from the previous fj-yuku site, where the family were first discussed, and where the Long mother's oldest daughter (from a previous marriage) joins the discussion. It makes fascinating reading! :wink-kitty:

I can't/won't summarise as I am busy reading it myself, but here is the link: http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/5950/T ... eyX6xHBzGc

Are these Longs related to the Longs who run Marie Madeline Studio? They're in Missouri (I think) and were involved in VF - attended the Titanic ball and promoted the Botkinettes' beauty webinar.

Ugh, I read the mom's post about abortion and was reminded of how the fundies thrive on totally inaccurate information. Hope the shit they tell this girl about sex is at least some what more accurate. Also the "what if I never get married" post... :pull-hair: none of the options were "move the fuck out and live my own life".

Are these Longs related to the Longs who run Marie Madeline Studio? They're in Missouri (I think) and were involved in VF - attended the Titanic ball and promoted the Botkinettes' beauty webinar.

Nope. The parents are first generation fundies who were preyed/prayed on and converted by a fundie pastor when their marriage was rocked by the husband cheating while Cheryl was pregnant for the fourth time in four years. Fundie Jesus fixed it all!!!!

Anyway, they are far too working class and financially limited for VF and their dress up days and expensive toys. I think they use some ATI materials though.

On their "why I am a stay-at-home daughter" post, the commenter who asks what the girls plan to do if they don't get married is Marjo if the "Mazzou Memories" blog-- they're the STL family that's into dress-up and elaborate party decorations. Marjo and all her adult sisters are unmarried and living at home. Interesting flash of self-awareness there.

I didn't know idiotic Cheryl had a new blog... I hate her since the day she crushed her daughter's dreams of going to college. In all fairness she was an idiot before that :lol:

Soooo Emily is courting and ready to submit to this guy... I had to laugh at the sexual aspect of the relationship part :lol:

I didn't know idiotic Cheryl had a new blog... I hate her since the day she crushed her daughter's dreams of going to college. In all fairness she was an idiot before that :lol:

Soooo Emily is courting and ready to submit to this guy... I had to laugh at the sexual aspect of the relationship part :lol:

One of them wanted to go to college? Link or story please! Already sounds sad.

One of them wanted to go to college? Link or story please! Already sounds sad.

Here treasuresfromashoebox.blogspot.com/2014/07/not-all-smart-girls-go-to-college.html

Cheryl is one of the worst fundies to me. I left her a message there and never passed of course... I was angry :lol:

• 6 months later...

Archived