IGNORED

Elissa and Joe, 1st anniversary

Justme

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been married twice and the first year wasn't the hardest, but certainly the weirdest both times. No matter how well you think you know someone you find out all kinds of weird quirks and subtle ways their parents ruined them the first several months of living together. Like when the finally admit they don't love the way you cook chicken because it's 'soggy.' (Which it's not). Or that they reuse bath towels, put butter on vegetables, will only use one bathroom (like some insane territorial cat), hates linen spray, saves plastic containers like they are expecting to one day be able to use them as currency, uses too much water in juice concentrate, is physically incapable of properly wiping down a counter, thinks rolling towels is the proper way of storing them so the linen closet looks like a clearance sale of sleeping bags for gnomes, puts cashmere in the dryer and is surprised when you're pissed your favorite sweater now fits your Mrs. Beasley doll, objects to Mrs. Beasley doll being visible because 'she's creepy'...

Maybe this is just me and I should stop typing and go work on my marriage. :?

Buffy? :shock:

Um... :?

When did we get married? Or have you married my long-lost male twin who, as a little kid, I was absolutely sure I was supposed to have, and wondered why he wasn't there (even after my mom explained that no, I was not a twin)?

I guess it's probably just as well I've stayed single... :lol:

I find all the Maxwells creepy, including the supposedly "hot" John.

Add me to the list of people that find John "Hot Stuff Coming Through" Maxwell not so terribly attractive...

Add me to the list of people that find John "Hot Stuff Coming Through" Maxwell not so terribly attractive...

Same here. They are all creepy, no question. I wouldn't give John Maxwelll a second look. But I don't think you can expect people who have never been allowed to express anything other than that fake joyfulness to be anything other than creepy. :shrug:

Maybe they are worried Steve will take their wives away? That is what Steve does when you pay to much attention to something.

I know you are (half) joking but you may be on to something. Didn't we complain about Christopher clutching NR-Anna like a rabid, starving vampire with the last bottle of blood at the bank?

I have a soft spot for these two crazy kids since "finding" her was my debut on FJ. Strange are the things that can finally push one from reading to posting.

I have a soft spot for these two crazy kids since "finding" her was my debut on FJ. Strange are the things that can finally push one from reading to posting.

I remember that so well. It was one of FJ's best ever first posts. :lol:

Did they do anything special for their anniversary? Are they allowed to go out to eat on their own? Or did they have to celebrate with all of the Maxwells? Even their first anniversary seems so damn boring!!

Well, it seems they had a family dinner on Labor Day. Does that count?

Apparently there was a lot of talking - 4 whole conversations going on at once!

Gee they missed the whole point of Labor Day. You are supposed to rest, not do trip prep.

The "4 whole conversations!" bit really makes me feel sad for them. My family get-togethers (especially the big ones) are always a mish mash of conversation, catching up, and joking around. It sounds like the fact that this get together was so social is rather an anomaly. It makes me feel even more sad for the kids in the family.

I imagine Stevehovah usually keeps a pretty tight grip on the conversational aspect of Maxwell family get-togethers - bet he was experiencing big time anxiety over not being able to track and direct every word being uttered.

Yeah, that line made me feel sad for them even more, too. It's just so bizarre that they consider that exciting.

Thinking about it, though, most pics of their gatherings, they are all in a circle and only one person is talking at a time really. There's a pic like that from their dinner at Elissa and Joseph's.

Just more evidence of Steve's stifling of his poor family.

To the bold: Of course there were! The Maxwells make Great Conversationalists[tm][/tm]! :wink-kitty:

Oh, Sarah, Sarah. :(

We had an immediate family breakfast after working out and Bible time,

So, does that mean just the nuclear family had breakfast, or that they had breakfast right after workout and Bible time?

Tina wanted her picture.

?

And, I'm so glad nobody ever labored to give me a hand-made sign that featured the words "doctrine." "condemned" and "ashamed" in extra-big letters.

Those Maxwells -- they're so . . . Maxwellian.

Oh, Sarah, Sarah. :(

So, does that mean just the nuclear family had breakfast, or that they had breakfast right after workout and Bible time?

?

And, I'm so glad nobody ever labored to give me a hand-made sign that featured the words "doctrine." "condemned" and "ashamed" in extra-big letters.

Those Maxwells -- they're so . . . Maxwellian.

Agree, agree, agree with the bolded (actually with everything you wrote).

NR-Anna actually has some calligraphy skills, but why oh why did she choose that quote, and why do the sign on an unattractive piece of cardboard?

Agree, agree, agree with the bolded (actually with everything you wrote).

NR-Anna actually has some calligraphy skills, but why oh why did she choose that quote, and why do the sign on an unattractive piece of cardboard?

Yeah, that is about as weird as the banner of death the reversal boys made for them a few years ago for a present... :?

Would it sound better to say that they had "an intimate family breakfast" and not an "immediate family breakfast"? Also, Steve please invest in a thesaurus for Sarah, it would be an extremely useful item sweet blessing for her to be gifted with.

I thought I was being too snarky to mention the old creased cardboard. Maybe her headship wouldn't let her buy materials from an art shop when wanted to cut lose with her ( obvious) crafting ability. So she grabbed a left over box from her time in the packing shed whilst the maxwells holidayed. I'm seriously impressed with her skills tho. Poor me Anna I hope her headship lets her craft to her hearts content..I doubt it tho..

Archived