IGNORED

The Bayly Brothers Strike Again!

GenerationCedarchip

That's right - no sooner does news of Sitler hit the internet than the Bayly brothers spring into action. While they don't mention Sitler specifically, apparently they are all kinds of worked up over the fact that WOMEN are daring to criticize Doug Wilson.

It seems that in their view of things, "If Pastors John Piper and Doug Wilson have betrayed the Word of God in their teaching on sexuality, they both are surrounded by pastors and elders whose duty it is to watch over their teaching and correct them when they are in error. This is not women's work." The unwritten assumption seems to be that since "pastors and elders" haven't taken down Piper and Wilson, they must therefore not be in error.

I recognize that I probably come from a more conservative religious tradition than many folks on here, but when I tell people I am a Christian, this is not who I want them to think that I am.

Edited - here is what I was talking about: baylyblog.com/blog/2015/09/rachel-miller-and-valerie-hobbs-where-apostle-paul-when-we-need-him

That's right - no sooner does news of Sitler hit the internet than the Bayly brothers spring into action. While they don't mention Sitler specifically, apparently they are all kinds of worked up over the fact that WOMEN are daring to criticize Doug Wilson.

It seems that in their view of things, "If Pastors John Piper and Doug Wilson have betrayed the Word of God in their teaching on sexuality, they both are surrounded by pastors and elders whose duty it is to watch over their teaching and correct them when they are in error. This is not women's work." The unwritten assumption seems to be that since "pastors and elders" haven't taken down Piper and Wilson, they must therefore not be in error.

I recognize that I probably come from a more conservative religious tradition than many folks on here, but when I tell people I am a Christian, this is not who I want them to think that I am.

Edited - here is what I was talking about: baylyblog.com/blog/2015/09/rachel-miller-and-valerie-hobbs-where-apostle-paul-when-we-need-him

Oh, I love the Bayly brothers. Their misogyny never fails. They have a real thing against women doing anything but shutting up and getting pregnant. I haven't seen this last post, but I will check it out.

You might be interested in the blog written by Bayly daughter Michal. Her husband works for a publishing company (a company which has been criticized for its ethical practices). Anyhow they sent him for a year to an island in the Phillipines called Cebu. They have four small children. Michal seems very middle-American. She frequently points out whether a person is Asian or white, even when it is completely irrelevant to the topic. "My kids played with some Asian kids on the beach. . . " Stuff like that.

Tim can't be a misogynist because his wife-- who has 21 grandchildren!-- goes ziplining whenever she pleases. (In comment section)

baylyblog.com/blog/2015/09/rachel-miller-and-valerie-hobbs-where-apostle-paul-when-we-need-him

These so-called "pastors and elders" are just yes men who are only going to rubber stamp whatever their boss gives them, because Piper and Wilson are both the heads of personality cults. They all talk a good game about what manly men they are and how they're about protecting women and children, but when it come time to actually doing something that requires real-life courage or character, they're conspicuously absent. :music-tool:

Tim can't be a misogynist because his wife-- who has 21 grandchildren!-- goes ziplining whenever she pleases. (In comment section)

baylyblog.com/blog/2015/09/rachel-miller-and-valerie-hobbs-where-apostle-paul-when-we-need-him

Oh my word - I'll admit that I read through some of the comments section but I must have cut line and run before I found that gem. That sounds so much like things I heard elders in my old church say.

Archived