IGNORED

Pedophiles don't change their spots

fundiefan

Doug on FB: “Anti-DW forces and pedophilia hustlers unite their energies for the Great Experiments in Telepathy 2015. Works as well as usual!â€

facebook.com/dougwils/posts/10206519908529224?pnref=story

Oh, we're the "pedophilia hustlers." I see.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked a retired cop friend of mine recently about what it would take to have someone's parole revoked. She said a crime would have to be reported to the police (or another violation like violating a restraining order) and that they would, or at least should, report it to the offender's parole officer. If an offense isn't reported then the parole officer can't revoke parole for a parole violation.

Doug on FB: “Anti-DW forces and pedophilia hustlers unite their energies for the Great Experiments in Telepathy 2015. Works as well as usual!â€

Of course! Don't you remember those times FJ decided pedophiles had repented and were now worthy of wives, so FJ found sheltered and naive brides to wed to *ahem* reformed pedophiles? Oh, wait...Shit. That might have been DW, not FJ. So hard to keep the stories straight when different letters are involved. :roll:

Possibly had to do with the pregnancy and how they were going to handle things.

Well, the first item on December 22, 2014 was a bench warrant for Sitler. It was dismissed, but that's real concerning.

Of course! Don't you remember those times FJ decided pedophiles had repented and were now worthy of wives, so FJ found sheltered and naive brides to wed to *ahem* reformed pedophiles? Oh, wait...Shit. That might have been DW, not FJ. So hard to keep the stories straight when different letters are involved. :roll:

Sounds like things aren't going his way. Maybe something that will wipe the smirk off Sitler's face?

Why can CPS not step in?

MIL was a foster mother for years. One of her kids she finally adopted was one she got at 5 months but it took nearly 7 years to terminate parental rights.

Biological father was a convicted pedophile whose court ordered therapists said there was zero chance he was reformable. That particular child nearly got returned because of s technicality. She was born after the other 7 kids were pulled into state custody and when they terminated on the sibling set, the judge refused to allow them to tack her on at the last minute because they forgot to tack her on when she was pulled.

But, we were specifically told if the court sent her back to call CPS AND his parole officer immediately. That his parole status was an automatic reason CPS would pull her back out AND her presence in the home was an automatic parole violation that would get him locked back up.

That man never hurt his own 8 daughters. He hurt his niece. I cannot imagine this isn't sufficient cause for CPS to remove this child when he has admitted to something in a polygraph. CPS does not have to wait for him to rape his son, they have the authority to remove the baby as being at risk for harm now that mother have proven to be incapable or unwilling to protect that baby.

And yes, Wilson carries MUCH blame in this!! When you create a sexual paradigm in which you classify sex as godly versus sinful instead of consensual versus non-consensual you completely miss how DANGEROUS a pedophile is and you train a woman to ignore her own instincts both to run and to castrate the man harming her baby!

Here’s what one of Doug’s supporters told one of his detractors on the statement thread: “Don't worry though, I strongly support your right to abortion and urge all of you to always abort. It will make it that much easier to outbreed you and by refusing to send our kids to public schools, you won't be able to indoctrinate them.â€

dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/an-open-letter-from-christ-church-on-steven-sitler.html#comment-2240024244

This is completely in line with Doug’s teaching. Doug doesn’t care about heathen fetuses/babies. They aren’t Elect, so abort away!

When God judges America for her contempt for her children, the judgment will fall not only on the adults, but also on the children—children considered so contemptible that even their own parents slaughter them… Let them kill themselves, for 'God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting' (Rom. 1:28), even 'murder' (Rom. 1:29). This is the wrath of God… The unbelievers are destroying themselves in a frenzy of child-murder and fruitless sodomy. Let them go. These are hard words. But Christians must learn to say them.

opc.org/OS/html/V6/2d.html

.... And yes, Wilson carries MUCH blame in this!! When you create a sexual paradigm in which you classify sex as godly versus sinful instead of consensual versus non-consensual you completely miss how DANGEROUS a pedophile is and you train a woman to ignore her own instincts both to run and to castrate the man harming her baby!

Yes, this, EXACTLY this. Thanks for phrasing this in such a wonderfully succinct and concise way.

DomWack, this is classic Wilson.

As we stand on the edge of a slippery slope contemplating the bottomless cess poll of Doug Wilson's thought processes, let's go back to Katie Botkin's take down of the Doug Wilson way of deflecting, well, anything. As we'll soon see, these current posts re: Sittler are classic Wilson. As you may also remember, Katie Botkin knows Doug Wilson in person, as well as his writings. The slippery slope is trying to respond with logic to false flags, red herrings and random flash-bangs lobbed by Wilson to obfuscate and "help" us forget that he promoted and abetted the marriage of a KNOWN, CONVICTED pedophile to a (presumably) naive young woman in his congregation with completely predictable results. Really, that is all we need to remember about Doug Wilson's role in this tragedy/travesty/disaster.

I posted the quote below (from Katie's blog) on the thread about Doug Wilson/Confederate flag/South Carolina shootings, but it bears repeating that Doug Wilson's writings have nothing to do with bringing clarity to ANYTHING.

Doug Wilson on the Confederate Flag by Katie Botkin:

I don’t read Doug Wilson’s blog much; I have better things to do with my time than subject myself to long-winded prose whose tagline should really be “theology that chews its own leg off.†Unsurprisingly, Wilson has spent a lot of energy recently not-exactly-explaining why the Confederate flag is fine-just-fine, the foremost reason of which is abortion. Wilson pulls out this argument quite frequently; it’s so obviously a logical fallacy (thing A isn’t bad, because thing B is also bad) that I’m going to call it distractio ad abortus: failing to address the actual issue and instead launching into a diatribe about the evils of something else, tied in tangentially with raw outrage and statements like “I think this is relevant, because it makes sense in my head, so I’m not actually changing the subject at all.†The American flag symbolizes abortion in Doug Wilson’s mind; therefore it’s OK to have the Confederate flag flying high after the mass murder of blacks in the south. Makes perfect sense.

Read the rest of this blog post here,

kbotkin.com/2015/06/24/doug-wilson-on-the-confederate-flag/

as it further deconstructs Wilson's inherent idiocy.

New (?) website with Sitler background & court case(s) information, including the wedding video where Doug Wilson officiates: sitler.moscowid.net/

New (?) website with Sitler background & court case(s) information, including the wedding video where Doug Wilson officiates: sitler.moscowid.net/

From the opening prayer: “Bestow upon these thy servants, if it be thy will, the gift and heritage of children…â€

And Doug Wilson doubles down: dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/the-high-mountain-air-of-public-calumny.html

Hope that new website may help in finally bringing down Wilson & his cult although, like an ancient plantar wart, it will take a lot to get rid of them.

ETA: And in case you don't buy these further explanations, he's thrown a little blackmail in:

But some of the disgruntled people who are out there yelling about this are some of the very people I would refuse to tell stories on. And despite their current animus, they don’t need to worry about it; this is not a veiled threat. I would rather die than use information gleaned in the course of pastoral ministry against them in the course of a public fight (1 Cor. 9:15Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)). But I can go so far as to say that among those who are going after me for “protecting†Steven Sitler are some people who are receiving far more protection from me than he is. In the nature of the case, his sins were criminal and therefore public, and have to be discussed publicly. But when certain folks join forces with those who hate the fact that I “cover up sins for a living,†I do want to catch their eye, nod slightly, and enjoy with them a moment of shared irony.
[emphasis added]

Wow, that's a treasure trove of documents! I was especially intrigued by the Department of Correction Special Progress Report from August 25th, written by a probation officer, who recommends that Sitler be removed from the home and not allowed any contact with his child. Due to the heinous nature of his violations, he's been ordered off the property and to have no contact with his son.

This is concerning polygraph results and the second paragraph of the probation officer's letter says,

Mr. Sitler has not been disclosing information to his sex offender treatment providers, but has been to Dr. Wilson, who is not a specialized sex offender treatment provider approved by the State of Idaho Sex Offender Treatment Management Board. Mr. Sitler continues to do things his way, and continues to make disclosures and still fails his polygraph tests, to which leaves one to think about what he is not disclosing.

Reading the time line on the Steven Sitler: Creepy Predator Web site, it's obvious Doug Wilson has been running interference for this guy for many years. And Sitler has had many, many victims, certainly many more than reported on the time line, because he started molesting at a young age.

All the leg humping in the world cannot make Doug Wilson come out looking good on this, although so far he's still fine, just fine, with his own actions and his church has not moved against him. But then, the church has been protecting this guy as well. His lawyer was a Christ Church lawyer.

What I'm understanding when the probation officer says, "Mr. Sitler continues to do things his way...." is that Sitler is going to "Christian counseling" with Doug Wilson and thinks he can pray away and repent away his problems, even though he gets erections looking at his infant son. One also has to assume, given his history, that he has been molesting other victims, both boys and girls, while married.

OK, off to do more reading in the document archives. Kudos to whoever created the Steven Sitler: Creepy Predator web site and kudos to hoipolloi for posting this.

This makes me so so sad. It's not just another fundie trainwreck for me -- I was at Katie and Steven's wedding. I knew Katie in college and while we were never close, I always liked her so it was no-brainer for me to go celebrate her wedding.

I had also, while in college, boarded with the same family Steven boarded with the previous year. I knew vaguely that there had been a pedophile and was aware that these kids I was getting to know had been abused but it wasn't talked about.

I didn't realize till after the wedding exactly who Katie had married and then I couldn't believe it.

Re-reading the written statements about Steven's abuse would probably make me feel sick to my stomach anyway, but it's so much worse being able to call to mind the faces of the children involved.

What really burns my bacon about this whole thing is not just the cover-up aspects, but that Wilson and Christ Church are fully on board with Steven and Katie having children. To properly disclose my perspective, I'm no longer a Wilsonite, and am a recovering fundamentalist, but I'm still a Christian. From a Christian standpoint, it's important to forgive and welcome the repentant. But repentance means turning your back on your sins and running away from them. I can't believe the shit that's coming from Christ Church: "oh Steven's repentant, it's all behind him la-de-da". Excuse me, if you are a truly repentant pedophile, there is NO WAY IN HELL you would ever entertain the idea of becoming a father and raising children. Hello? Do we say "Oh I'm an alcoholic and I'll never drink again but I really just like lining my shelves with whiskey and staring at it every once in while?" .... :angry-banghead:

To me the fact that Steven planned to have children at all just screams his lack of remorse for anything except getting caught.

This is an awful awful story for me. It would be horrifying anyway but the fact that I know everyone involved and that I keep seeing Wilsonite defenses pop up on my facebook feed, trying to sweep it all under the rug again, just compounds the horror.

Eh. I graduated college, moved away from Moscow, started reading a lot of varying views on the internet, and am still in the process of reformulating my beliefs. I didn't grow up in a really rabidly fundamentalist home so there wasn't as much to break away from. I was never supposed to be a SAHD, for example. I still have several friends who fully support Wilson though, and while none of them are my best friends or anything, it's not fun.

Also, look, the fabulous Katie Botkin has weighed in on the matter:

kbotkin.com/2015/09/07/doug-wilson-on-marriage/

Tim Bayly has now retracted his previous statement of support for Doug Wilson's/Christ Church's open letter (baylyblog.com/blog/2015/09/concerning-open-letter-session-christ-church-moscow-retraction):

Two days ago, with my wife I posted a statement titled "Christ Church's open letter is pastorally wise..." in support of an open letter issued by the pastors and elders of Christ Church, Moscow, in connection with a member of their congregation named Steven Sitler. Since posting our statement, though, Mary Lee and I have learned more details which have led us to conclude our prior statement was precipitous and should not have been published. We apologize and have removed the statement from Baylyblog...

No worries, though -- he's still a Doug Wilson fanboy:

That said, we continue to have deep respect for Christ Church's pastors and elders Biblically, spiritually, and pastorally. Like many others around the country, we and our congregation have benefited greatly from their ministry and thank God for them and their work, as well as the congregation that loves and supports them.

Tim Bayly has now retracted his previous statement of support for Doug Wilson's/Christ Church's open letter (baylyblog.com/blog/2015/09/concerning-open-letter-session-christ-church-moscow-retraction):

Good night!

Still, it is good to see a break in the ranks, for whatever reason.

And now the burning question... Can Doug Wilson be saved? Is this the beginning of the end? (cue dramatic organ music)

Eh. I graduated college, moved away from Moscow, started reading a lot of varying views on the internet, and am still in the process of reformulating my beliefs. I didn't grow up in a really rabidly fundamentalist home so there wasn't as much to break away from. I was never supposed to be a SAHD, for example. I still have several friends who fully support Wilson though, and while none of them are my best friends or anything, it's not fun.

Also, look, the fabulous Katie Botkin has weighed in on the matter:

kbotkin.com/2015/09/07/doug-wilson-on-marriage/

Ah. I keep looking for some magic formula to remove the scales from the eyes of the otherwise-reasonable Doug Wilson fans I know. (A magic formula to do the same with mention of John Piper's name would be welcome, as well.)

See? As I said upthread, Tim Bayly may be a complete asshole, but even he has a sliver of humility in him that allows him to apologize when he feels he was wrong (unlike Doug Wilson). Now I know some will say "Oh, it's just a CYA move," but I would disagree, because anyone who has been reading Bayly for any length of time knows he just doesn't give a shit what the general public-- or even the vast majority of Christians-- think of him.

Wilson has got to be fuming.

doug wilson is likely doing what doug wilson does best: endless obfuscation through blowing theological smoke out his ass, never admitting to making a mistake, flinging various red herrings into the crowd, and never, never, ever acknowledging, must less apologizing to, the victims who were members of his church (Jamin Wright, Katie Sitler and her infant son) as well as all those children who were molested by Steven Sitler.

I see Katie Sitler as a victim (of patriarchy) who could not at that point in her sheltered life, understand the implications of what it meant to marry a convicted pedophile. A young woman in patriarchy, headship, submission. An elder facilitated an introduction, Steven proposed on the 2ND DATE and they subsequently married, all strongly approved by the men in her life, including Doug Wilson, her father, and the Christ Church elder who introduced her to Steven.

Anyway, I was thinking about doug wilson and what makes him tick. He never admits error because he is too godly. How could he ever be wrong with god on his side? It doesn't serve his godlier-than-thou image to admit error, so why bother.

For those not familiar with Jamin Wight, homeschoolers anonymous coverage is here:

homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2015/09/08/the-jamin-c-wight-story-the-other-child-molester-in-doug-wilsons-closet/

Link not broken because HA.

New post from Bayly:

But what if a father of the church did give his permission to such a man to marry his daughter and this man and his intended wife were to come to the officers of the church and request they be married in a church ceremony? How should the officers of that church answer that request?

They should cover the foolishness of that father by themselves refusing to preside over the ceremony, or even to allow it. They should have told this man whom the state refused to execute or imprison that he must never have children, and thus must never marry. He must make himself a eunuch for the sake of the Kingdom of God.

baylyblog.com/blog/2015/09/pastoral-care-men-and-women-who-are-sexual-predators-against-children

Well sure, Bayly's hindsight is 20/20 but is that really the position he took BEFORE it was clear they all helped created a ready made victim in this innocent child?

One of the local Moscow newspapers has articles from the last six weeks or so, but they are behind a paywall. Was there someone here with a subscription who is able to review them? (I thought there was someone in an old news thread about the Duggars.)

ETA: NVM. They are on the website linked in the first post on this page.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived