IGNORED

Pedophiles don't change their spots

fundiefan

I also read that article to mean he was sexually aroused by the child, not that he acted on it. If hat could the wife have reported? It's unlikely he told his wife he was aroused by the baby. I'm not familiar with the case, but I just don't see culpability in the mother.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also read that article to mean he was sexually aroused by the child, not that he acted on it. If hat could the wife have reported? It's unlikely he told his wife he was aroused by the baby. I'm not familiar with the case, but I just don't see culpability in the mother.

I think it's a bit more than being sexually aroused simply by the child's presence. From the first article (my bolding):

Thompson said information the court now has "shows (Sitler) has had contact with his child that resulted in actual sexual stimulation." Thompson said the incidents in question occurred while Sitler was chaperoned.

"In some extent the state's worst fears appeared to be realized by some of the recent disclosures in the polygraphs," Thompson said.

"The actions that he has engaged in and disclosed are a compelling basis that he cannot have anything close to a normal parental relationship at this time with his child,"

Perhaps masturbating while touching or holding the child? And the "chaperones" apparently did not find that concerning.

Well, it seems that Tim Bayly can (sometimes) admit his own wrongdoing, but he can’t admit Wilson’s. He just put up a post defending Doug against wicked feminist critics:

baylyblog.com/blog/2015/09/rachel-miller-and-valerie-hobbs-where-apostle-paul-when-we-need-him

Commenters are quick to call him on it—can’t wait for more!

“You mean THAT Doug Wilson? You know, the one who cares about women and children so much that he approved and presided over a marriage involving a convicted pedophile under lifetime probation and a young woman who, in the Christ Church culture, was 23 years old going on spinsterhood?...Yeah, you're defending an evil, evil man, and I have no problem telling you that up front.â€

“If celebrity pastors Doug Wilson and John Piper had actual ecclesiastical accountability, I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be a need or much interest in a public rebuke. However, we all know Doug leads his own denomination and John is retired from church ministry and only leads para churches nowadays… It is somewhat dismaying that the rebuke must come from women, but the men don't seem to be on the case these days.â€

Sitler violated probation within a month of his release.

How the hell was Shitler allowed parole so early? Does he just have a particularly shitty judge who is buying what Wilson and the lawyers are selling? I am still confused on a fundamental level about WHY this guy was released so early. There doesn't seem to be any indication of reform or rehabilitation...so why? Where and why is the legal system failing so dramatically that this infant was left at the mercy (oh, wait..."chaperones" :roll: ) of this serial pedophile? This is WTF on so many levels. :evil-eye:

So have the "chaperones" only been family members up to this point? Is the county paying someone to watch a convicted child molester to make sure he doesn't molest his child? What the hell kind of training does such a chaperone need other than basic adult decency? That is some real commitment to family preservation and taxpayer money that can probably both be better spent elsewhere, Judge Stegner. :shifty-kitty:

But who the heck are these females and why do they marry and have babies with pedophiles? Anyone woman who does is suspect as well in my opinion. Maybe they are brainwashed by religion like Anna Duggar. Or truly evil like Jonathan and Sarah Adleta.

Either way, they shouldn't be trusted to supervise.

When I was pregnant with my son, I worked at a fast food restaurant while I was in college. One of the assistant managers there was married to a man that was in prison for pedophilia. She was not shy about talking about this, which I found a bit odd, but I didn't think her so thought maybe that was coloring my perception of her.

She also spent a lot of time talking about how when he got out of prison they were going to have kids. I was all kinds of WTF is wrong with you, but again, I didn't like her already.

Her husband got out of prison when I was about 5-6 months pregnant and naturally he got hired at the store I was working at. There was another girl there that was pregnant at the same time and both of us were a little skeeved out by him being hired, but what can you do.

To the guys credit, when his loon of a wife would start talking about having kids he would be like NO! That is not happening. So at least outwardly he understood that people would be quite concerned if he was all yeah! let's have a bunch of kids (that I can secretly abuse!).

I finally asked to be scheduled at times he was not working after I caught him staring at my belly for just a little too long one too many times and he seemed to bump into me a lot. Granted I was big as a house and space was tight, but everyone else seemed to be able to walk near me without touching me every. single. time. They started scheduling both of us preggos together, so he would not be on our shift.

Imagine two 8 month pregnant women working with a bunch of teenage boys. The freezers/walk in fridge never looked better cleaner than when we worked ;)

So have the "chaperones" only been family members up to this point? Is the county paying someone to watch a convicted child molester to make sure he doesn't molest his child? What the hell kind of training does such a chaperone need other than basic adult decency? That is some real commitment to family preservation and taxpayer money that can probably both be better spent elsewhere, Judge Stegner. :shifty-kitty:

I imagine this is dependent on state law, and don't ask me how I know (I really really wish I did not), but in some states "chaperones" or "supervion agents" can be family members who swear to the court to uphold the duties of a supervisor (I can't remember the exact verbiage used). So not a ton of state money was spent outside of the court day where the fam members swear in.

Here's a link to the blog of a man who is tracking all documents related to the cases:

http://www.tomandrodna.com/CR_2005_02027/

Sitler violated probation within a month of his release.

I am completely skeeved out by the fact that Sitler thinks it appropriate to smirk, and even grin in the most recent, for mugshots for the Sexual Offenders Registry.

This is a travesty. I still don't understand why he's not back in prison for violating parole.

I am completely skeeved out by the fact that Sitler thinks it appropriate to smirk, and even grin in the most recent, for mugshots for the Sexual Offenders Registry.

This is a travesty. I still don't understand why he's not back in prison for violating parole.

What exactly is the deal with Doug Wilson and Moscow, Idaho? Is he running some kind of Warren Jeffs/FLDS, where he's the prophet, the law, judge, and jury for all his enraptured followers and has the local law enforcement and legal system wrapped around his finger? This entire situation reeks of corruption and undue influence. :evil:

What exactly is the deal with Doug Wilson and Moscow, Idaho? Is he running some kind of Warren Jeffs/FLDS, where he's the prophet, the law, judge, and jury for all his enraptured followers and has the local law enforcement and legal system wrapped around his finger? :evil:

According to an acquaintance of mine who lives in Moscow, but isn't connected to the cult that Wilson runs, it's exactly like that.

Rose Huskey, who has tracked the Sitler & Jamin Wight cases (Wight is another CREC sex offender supported by Doug Wilson) for years, posted on SSB.

Her comments make it clear that Katie Sitler is, at best, a completely screwed up human being, with her moral judgment and even basic mothering instincts destroyed by Wilson's cult. At worst, she is complicit, siding with her husband over protecting her infant son.

Katie Sitler (nee Travis) had a complete and through understanding of Steven Sitler’s offenses prior to her marriage. She met with Probation and Parole officers and they carefully and clearly explained his offenses. Her father had to have known as well as he gave permission for Steven to court her – at a family party with his old friend Ed Iverson (who was the librarian at New Saint Andrews College at the time) and had first hand knowledge of the whole unsavory mess. In order for Katie to become an “approved chaperon†she was educated on his offenses, the mind set and manipulations of sex offenders by State of Idaho certified sexual offender treatment providers. She also was interview extensively by Idaho Probation and Parole officers and passed a criminal background check. The Latah County Prosecutor opposed the marriage in a courtroom hearing June 1, 2011 as did an officer representing Probation and Parole because Steven Sitler was quite clear in his desire to have a family. Unfortunately, there is no law that could prevent a pedophile from marrying. However, the judge did say if children were born of the marriage the issue would be revisited. Prior to the wedding I wrote to her home church pastor in Fallon, Nevada. He was a graduate of Doug Wilson’s grotesque, homemade seminary, Greyfriars Hall. I also wrote privately and publicly to the Christ Church elders, (who remain in office today), and the minister of the local Nazarene Church where the wedding took place. None of the responded

Cannot figure out how to link directly to her comment but it's about three-fourths of the way through this thread: spiritualsoundingboard.com/2015/09/04/pastor-doug-wilson-a-serial-pedophile-and-the-real-victims/#comments

Here is the blog by Wight's victim -- she's great & it's definitely worth reading: natalierose-livewithpassion.blogspot.com/

Doug’s statement!

“When Steven’s sins and crimes first came to light over a decade ago, as the pastor of Christ Church, I immediately encouraged the person who had discovered them to go to the authorities immediately, which was done right away. All the difficult circumstances that have followed since that time—for the victims, for Steven’s family, and for our church community—are entirely the cascading result of Steven’s initial sins. This entire avalanche is his responsibility.â€

And much, much more:

dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/an-open-letter-from-christ-church-on-steven-sitler.html

Doug’s statement!

“When Steven’s sins and crimes first came to light over a decade ago, as the pastor of Christ Church, I immediately encouraged the person who had discovered them to go to the authorities immediately, which was done right away. All the difficult circumstances that have followed since that time—for the victims, for Steven’s family, and for our church community—are entirely the cascading result of Steven’s initial sins. This entire avalanche is his responsibility.â€

And much, much more:

dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/an-open-letter-from-christ-church-on-steven-sitler.html

Sitler is the criminal, but responsibility is not his and his alone. Society has a role to play in protecting the weak and vulnerable (like little bitty babies and sheltered young women) and when powerful men do not step up, but instead tacitly or explicitly allow poorly considered decisions, they also share responsibility.

Wilson and the judge are both wrong. This situation is grotesque.

I really cannot understand that if he was given a life sentence, and then released on parole, when he then reoffended, why wasn't his parole revoked? I also don't understand how how was considered for parole after serving only two years of his sentence?

Is there any way that the District Attorney and the Department of Corrections(who both opposed his parole) can appeal to another court to have his parole revoked? This whole situation reeks to high heaven! Who the hell IS that judge? (That poor child...)

I am seriously very confused - I thought I had a basic understanding of US law, but it appears I don't. Can anyone enlighten me?

This whole situation is incomprehensible. I can't even wrap my mind around it. Im projecting myself in the wife's situation, and I can't even imagine having children with that man, but she clearly isn't thinking about her situation as I am.

I know someone else who allowed her daughter to marry a convicted sex offender/paedophile, and I can't wrap my brain around that situation either. I have been told by people that "there are always two sides" but I haven't heard anything from the other side that would allow me to be sufficiently convinced he's either just misunderstood, or completely reformed.

I don't see how even "direct line-of-sight" supervision would be enough to protect his child.

This is a man who has repeatedly molested a number of children, including his own young son. He has repeatedly lied. He needed to get permission from the court to get married, and the court made it clear that it was concerned that he could have children. He is dangerous and there is zero basis for any trust.

Morever, who would be an approved supervisor? Most of the people around him have dropped the ball on doing any prevention whatsoever.

Given the history, he's just not safe around any child, period.

I really cannot understand that if he was given a life sentence, and then released on parole, when he then reoffended, why wasn't his parole revoked? I also don't understand how how was considered for parole after serving only two years of his sentence?

Is there any way that the District Attorney and the Department of Corrections(who both opposed his parole) can appeal to another court to have his parole revoked? This whole situation reeks to high heaven! Who the hell IS that judge? (That poor child...)

I am seriously very confused - I thought I had a basic understanding of US law, but it appears I don't. Can anyone enlighten me?

He must not have reoffended, otherwise he would have been put back in jail, for sure. Being aroused by a child isn't a crime, only acting on it. Still, it's only a matter of time. Why would he even want kids, knowing what he is?!

US court systems are pretty strict on two principles that may be tying the hands of the judge to some extent here (or he could just be a total douche canoe). One is that it is extremely rare that the court has the power and authority to tell a person they can not marry or procreate (I don't even have to put the word "heterosexual" in this sentence this year - how beyond freaking awesome and overdue is THAT?!?). The second is that our criminal courts punish behavior or actions not thoughts (and typically not reflexes). I agree that it sounds like he had physical contact with his son that led to an erection or something along those lines and that in and of itself would not be considered a behavior or action.

That said, I do not understand why he was sentenced to life but served such a short period of time before being released on parole. Further, regardless of anything else, the court can order that he not live in the home with a child, right? If so WHY AREN'T THEY DOING THAT YESTERDAY? And why on earth would they be considering reinstating people as chaperone's after they have fallen down on the job already?

Also, what about CPS? The criminal court must follow the rules of criminal procedure etc, but if a child welfare case were opened, the standard would be "best interest of the child". So does anyone know if they can step in? I can't imagine anyone would find it is in the best interest of a child to stay in a home where contact with the infant is resulting in arousal in a known offender and the parents are failing to disclose this information (except when found out by lie detector).

I am so incredibly disturbed by this situation. What the hell is wrong with these people who are supporting and enabling this man to be around this child?

Thanks to Mirele's comment on TWW, I checked Sitler's court record: https://www.idcourts.us/repository/case ... even+James

Looks like something happened at the end of 2014 that has generated a LOT of court activity for him this year.

As with DPIAT, I wish I could see the court file documents themselves. However, in looking that that activity history, it looks like the court is proceeding with some manner of hearing on alleged probation violations. I noticed that they have an affidavit in the file from someone who upon Googling appears to be from the Dept. of Corrections. Looks like the state also subpoenaed a couple mental health providers.

One interesting thing in there - if I'm reading it right, it looks like the state has a motion alleging that they got an incomplete transcript of Sitler's polygraph. Wonder what's up with that. At any rate, there is a hearing set on Tuesday (looks like a status hearing of some sort). I wonder what will come of that.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived