IGNORED

Pedophiles don't change their spots

fundiefan

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart breaks for that child.

I know a lot of people in circles where I grew up who deeply respect Douglas Wilson, and I will admit that there was a time I found some of his writings helpful. However, his role in pairing up a congregation member with a known pedophile just horrifies me.

I hope my confusion will be forgiven. I've not yet had my coffee and haven't read up on everything about this horrible person, Shitler...but was he really sentenced to "life in prison with retained jurisdiction," yet only served a teeny portion of his life sentence? Is the retained jurisdiction a way to release him earlier and avoid costly incarceration? If so, why? How is letting this person have access to society beneficial for the rest of society?

This situation is so sad, so perversely sick, and so f'ing preventable. I'm astonished that a court would have let him return to his home, or that they'd think the wife could serve as an appropriate chaperone after a few additional classes -- she's already let him violate their son!

(from the link above)

His lawyer says:

"It is possible to achieve all of the Idaho Department of Corrections stated aims without trying to perform surgery with an ax, as they have done," Wullenwaber said.

*cough* bullshit *cough, cough*

And all I can think of is that an ax SHOULD have been used (for castration, at a minimum) - and I'm not normally violent that way. In fact, I'm not wholly convinced an ax shouldn't be used on the lawyer, too.

I read the article. It seems like there is more going on than I know about.

But who the heck are these females and why do they marry and have babies with pedophiles? Anyone woman who does is suspect as well in my opinion. Maybe they are brainwashed by religion like Anna Duggar. Or truly evil like Jonathan and Sarah Adleta.

Either way, they shouldn't be trusted to supervise.

They have evidence that he's become sexually stimulated when he's in the presence of the child and still THEY RELEASE HIM? I don't even have words…

Yeah, tell us how much children matter… I guess once they're born all bets are off.

But who the heck are these females and why do they marry and have babies with pedophiles? Anyone woman who does is suspect as well in my opinion. Maybe they are brainwashed by religion like Anna Duggar. Or truly evil like Jonathan and Sarah Adleta.

In this particular case, the young woman Sitler married was under pressure to do so by her family, her pastor, Doug Wilson, and presumably by her church/social community.

There used to be a blog that had a lot of detail on this case but it may have gone dark.

The Wartburg Watch has a summary here: thewartburgwatch.com/2012/07/18/the-real-doug-wilson-encouraged-presided-over-the-marriage-of-serial-pedophile/.

Also, see this account of the court hearing just before their marriage: mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2011-June/076772.html.

JulieAnn at SSB has just put up a post with a lot of background info: spiritualsoundingboard.com/2015/09/04/pastor-doug-wilson-a-serial-pedophile-and-the-real-victims/

While it could be argued that the young woman "knew" about Sitler's criminal record, there is a real question as to how much she understood of the situation or how much choice she had.

There is also a compelling blog by a woman who was married to a serial pedophile for decades and didn't know it although she suffered from his cruelly narcissistic treatment over the years of their marriage: brendafindingelysium.blogspot.com/

They have evidence that he's become sexually stimulated when he's in the presence of the child and still THEY RELEASE HIM? I don't even have words…

Yeah, tell us how much children matter… I guess once they're born all bets are off.

Do you think it is possible that his sexual stimulation was against his will?( I am not defending anybody, I believe the victim's deserve justice)Reading this article made me think about the fact that being heterosexual, gay, or bisexual is not a choice. Being sexually attracted to kids probably is not a choice. Obviously you make a choice to act on it, how horrific would it be to feel that way. He should not be living under the same roof as his child.

ETA: I understand rape is about power not sex, but it seems like he is sexually attracted to children.

ETA: I did not catch that he already violated his child, I read it as felt stimulated sexually by spending time with the child.

What a mess. This whole thing is horrific.

In this particular case, the young woman Sitler married was under pressure to do so by her family, her pastor, Doug Wilson, and presumably by her church/social community.

There used to be a blog that had a lot of detail on this case but it may have gone dark.

The Wartburg Watch has a summary here: thewartburgwatch.com/2012/07/18/the-real-doug-wilson-encouraged-presided-over-the-marriage-of-serial-pedophile/.

I just get the 404 error message when I try any of the old links to that blog. Not sure if that's better or worse for this tragic tale. :ew:

Thanks for the other links. The Wartburg Watch's summary is excellent and one of the ones I stumbled on earlier. I'm off to read up a bit more, then play with my dogs and try to feel better about the world. Not enough :brain-bleach: in the world for this story.

Oh yeah I should have written knowingly married a pedophille. I certainly don't think someone could be responsible for something they never knew about- Subway Jared's wife for example.

Sounds like she is brainwashed by the religion or was threatened into the marriage. There is no way a decent person or a person in their right mind wants to have sex with someone who molested kids.

I knew this was Sitler before I even opened it. Has Doug Wilson had anything to say about this?

Oh, don't hold your breath waiting for an apology. Wilson has no shame about this. None.

ETA: Looks like Doug’s been doing some comment scrubbing!

dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/age-of-consent.html

dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/joan-opyr-cub-reporter.html

I'm thinking he was aroused by a child's presence but did not act on it, like the poster above speculated. He shouldn't be around kids at all. That whole marriage upsets me.

I'm thinking he was aroused by a child's presence but did not act on it, like the poster above speculated. He shouldn't be around kids at all. That whole marriage upsets me.

I was that poster and agree with you. He should not have children period.

Wilson on Facebook: “In light of recent Sitler hearing, the session of Christ Church is preparing a statement to be released in near future. @DefendTheSheepâ€

facebook.com/dougwils/posts/10206503937449957?pnref=story

This case is so horrible, and I'm sure Doug Wilson will continue to spin it so that he's such a great spiritual leader and the fact that he asked that Sitler not go to jail, then encouraged Sitler to marry a woman and have kids with her is just a big misunderstanding made by panicky liberals.

Nothing is ever Doug Wilson's fault and he will never actually apologize for anything. Or ever admit he made a mistake. No. He'll say "actually, the problem is abortion and feminism."

If there is a Hell, I hope Doug Wilson rots in it. Along with Bernard Law and Joseph Ratzinger.

Would like to add that despite the way she was pushed into this marriage, Katie Sitler bears at least some responsibility for the current, horrific situation since she was one of her husband's approved chaperones.

The corrections report seems to indicate that the abuse occurred more than once but did not come to light till Sitler failed a polygraph test. None of the chaperones reported it.

Lots more detail from the Wartburg Watch: thewartburgwatch.com/2015/09/04/pedophile-supported-by-doug-wilson-molests-a-baby-christians-there-is-no-excuse-this-must-stop/

^^^^

Having read that article, I'm going to add Judge John Stegner to my list of people who need to rot in Hell. Why isn't Sitler in prison right now? Is His Honor corrupt?

From Ballotopedia my bolding and comment in blue:

John R. Stegner is a judge of the Second Judicial District of Idaho.[1] He has served on the court in 1997.[2] He was re-elected in May 2014 for a term that expires in January 2019.[3][4] He ran unopposed.

Education

Stegner received his bachelor's degree from Whitman College and his J.D. from the University of Idaho.[5]

Career

In addition to serving as a judge, Stegner also lectures at the University of Idaho Law School.[6]

As for the "chaperones" who allowed this. I have no words.

Thanks for the mention of FJ, Wartburg Watch.

I was thinking about this case the other day (not this newest incident, but of Doug Wilson arranging a marriage between a serial pedophile and a clueless fundie girl). This entire tragedy should never have happened, because this marriage should have never happened. Anyone with any ounce of common sense would have realized that any child this disgusting union produced would be at risk. And now a baby -- an infant! -- has been molested by his own father. This entire community, or rather cult, is at fault in failing this poor boy. :evil: :disgust:

ETA Although this is an extreme case, I think that this incident shows the ways in which marriage is used in conservative Protestant churches as a means of concealing wrongdoing or shielding predators. While celibacy is often used in the Catholic church for the same reasons, marriage is the cover for predators in Protestantism, Judaism, Islam, and other traditions in which the married householder is the norm/ideal. The Catholic church is actually lucky in the sense that because it is so centralized and organized that we have records going back hundreds and even thousands of years that document clerical abuse. In comparison, many Protestant denominations are congregational and each pastor is his own pope/dictator, so the dirt on abusers is easily lost, destroyed, or concealed, especially if the abuser in question switches churches. Hopefully, some researcher will find some way to examine instances of abuse in evangelical churches, because I think that abuse in Protestant churches is a powder keg of a scandal waiting to explode.

Someone named Jack O’Brien called Wilson out in the comments under a blog post: “Mr. Wilson, I can't decide if you are evil or just plain stupid, in light of recent revelations that Stephen Sitler has become sexually aroused by his infant child. You used your power to keep him free to abuse, and now a family may very well be destroyed. I call you to repentence. You owe a huge apology to Katie Sitler and her family, but the consequences cannot be undone. Shame, shame, shame on you.â€

Doug’s reply? “Jack, there is another option, which is that not all the facts are on the table yet. The Christ Church session is going to be issuing a statement that addresses all the relevant facts in a week or so. In the meantime, Prov. 18:17.†(“In a lawsuit the first to speak seems right, until someone comes forward and cross-examines.â€)

dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/benedict-and-beza-options.html

You know, I hate Tim Bayly, but I’ve seen him admit he was wrong and apologize many times. I have never, ever seen Douglas Wilson do that. And he won’t this time, either.

I don't even have the words to express my disgust and anger. I'm sitting here after reading the link like, "How, Sway?"

I was thinking about this case the other day (not this newest incident, but of Doug Wilson arranging a marriage between a serial pedophile and a clueless fundie girl). This entire tragedy should never have happened, because this marriage should have never happened. Anyone with any ounce of common sense would have realized that any child this disgusting union produced would be at risk. And now a baby -- an infant! -- has been molested by his own father. This entire community, or rather cult, is at fault in failing this poor boy. :evil: :disgust:

ETA Although this is an extreme case, I think that this incident shows the ways in which marriage is used in conservative Protestant churches as a means of concealing wrongdoing or shielding predators. While celibacy is often used in the Catholic church for the same reasons, marriage is the cover for predators in Protestantism, Judaism, Islam, and other traditions in which the married householder is the norm/ideal. The Catholic church is actually lucky in the sense that because it is so centralized and organized that we have records going back hundreds and even thousands of years that document clerical abuse. In comparison, many Protestant denominations are congregational and each pastor is his own pope/dictator, so the dirt on abusers is easily lost, destroyed, or concealed, especially if the abuser in question switches churches. Hopefully, some researcher will find some way to examine instances of abuse in evangelical churches, because I think that abuse in Protestant churches is a powder keg of a scandal waiting to explode.

What I know about mainline Protestant churches would fit in a teacup. Growing up Catholic I hoped that maybe there was less sexual abuse in Protestant churches because their ministers were allowed to marry and have an acceptable way to express their sexualtiy instead of being required to completely suppress it like Catholic priests. I guess it really doesn't matter what group we are talking about, there are rotten apples everywhere. :angry-banghead:

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived