IGNORED

Jesse Maxwell Cleaned Up a Wood Pile, Y'all!

Elegant Mess

From the latest blog post (Sept. 2):

And the sisters helped!

And the transformation was amazing!

And everyone was blessed!

And there were ten pictures posted, which tell you practically nothing!

Eleventy!!!!1!!!

:lol:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Color me beige, but given that the blog post was about taking initiative, I'm stunned that Jesse didn't take initiative to clean it up sooner. From the appearance of the pile, it's been there awhile - how many ceiling fan cleanings would that growth have amounted to?

Coming out of longtime lurkdom to ask one simple question. How does one show initiative when every second of one's day is scheduled out the wazoo and largely vetted and controlled by one's parents? I just don't get this. Initiative, for me, implies some sort of independent and free thinking - something hammered out of the Maxwells from birth. Perhaps I am missing something. Was the yard cleaning noted in their schedule or did they abandon the all-important schedule one day to tackle the project? Did Jesse have to show initiative by scheduling this in his week days earlier? Did he have to negotiate the project with his parents and sisters first? Did his sisters abandon their daily schedule (oh, the shock) to work alongside him, or was this planned all along.

Somehow, given their love of all things scheduled I cannot see a Maxwell waking up one morning and thinking, "I should really ignore my daily plan and tackle that backyard project". It just seems, too, well, spontaneous.

Inquiring minds want to know.

I think it looked better before it was "cleaned".

Also, Sarah, the adjective "every" is singular. So, you can't plural parents. It should be every parent's, not parents'.

How 'bout the Maxwell chidults show some initiative by telling Stevehovah to take a long walk off a short pier? I'd buy a ticket to that!

So, Anna, Jesse and Mary cleaned up a patch of the lawn, and Jesse got the credit for taking the initiative, because he has a penis. :lol:

And yep, how unfortunately written. Sarah could make it into a Janet and John style book for preschoolers. And then Terry Wogan could come out of retirement and snark on it, on BBC Radio 2. (Palimpsest, are you there to discuss our Terry?!)

Jesse has wood.

The wood gets messy.

Jesse cleans the wood.

It is hard, hot work.

See Jesse's wood!

At his age, Jesse should be cleaning up his own wood pile at his own home.

Thank you. She talks as if a small child up and performed this (long neglected) task on his own. He's a grown man! Little wonder that he noticed a mess and cleaned it up. He's probably bored out of his tree, and he should well be off and own his on by now!

What Sarah meant to say:

One Friday evening after Family Bible Time, Dad asked us how we were going to spend our scheduled "free" time on Saturday. Of course, every week we have to wrack our brains to find an extra chore that will make Dad feel blessed enough. It is getting harder and harder to do that because there is nothing much left to be done around here.

Jesse is so sick of his regular "free time chores" he mowed the lawn vertically instead of diagonally last week. Dad told him he needed to be more diligent. So Jesse decided to ask if he could clean up the woodpile. At least it was something different.

Dad agreed that this was a good use of Jesse's Saturday free time. The girls decided that they were sick of dusting the ceiling fan so volunteered to help. Dad agreed because it would make a good photo op. Sarah was told that her scheduled free time would be used in taking photographs.

At our last Family Time Dad made a special announcement. This post was to be about Jesse taking initiative. This is because Dad reads FJ almost as religiously as the Bible. One of the FJ persecutors said last week that Jesse was a complete nonentity and she knew nothing about him. It's way past time for Jesse to be featured on the blog. We sort of forget about him most of the time.

Jesse did too take initiative! It was a miracle that God told Dad it was OK. He can't go to a movie or out on a date, can he? That would be the wrong sort of initiative.

The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute. Proverbs 12: 24

Joyfully His,

Sarah

Coming out of longtime lurkdom to ask one simple question. How does one show initiative when every second of one's day is scheduled out the wazoo and largely vetted and controlled by one's parents? I just don't get this. Initiative, for me, implies some sort of independent and free thinking - something hammered out of the Maxwells from birth. Perhaps I am missing something. Was the yard cleaning noted in their schedule or did they abandon the all-important schedule one day to tackle the project? Did Jesse have to show initiative by scheduling this in his week days earlier? Did he have to negotiate the project with his parents and sisters first? Did his sisters abandon their daily schedule (oh, the shock) to work alongside him, or was this planned all along.

Somehow, given their love of all things scheduled I cannot see a Maxwell waking up one morning and thinking, "I should really ignore my daily plan and tackle that backyard project". It just seems, too, well, spontaneous.

Inquiring minds want to know.

The initiative is schedule and pre-approved. Only cheesepaper photo ops are spontaneous in Maxhell.

Holy inspid blog of nothingness. It's like the Seinfeld of blogs. I think I will start a blog of nothingness and post every tinkle and shit I take. I don't get any of these fundie blogs. It is the weirdest thing. Like to stay part of the cult, there must be a blog. And if it isn't an 'all in the family' blog, then it's boblovessallyDOTcom crap. I don't get it.

What Sarah meant to say:

This is the work of a Published Writing Professional!TM

The initiative is schedule and pre-approved. Only cheesepaper photo ops are spontaneous in Maxhell.

But.... you are forgetting the hilarious time that Steve reached under his bus seat to sort out a long time rattling sound... and found a long lost pair of sunglasses!

Oh, how we laughed.....

(And then chidult John was left to sit in the bus and eat dry crackers for lunch, as a punishment for failing in his bus detailing duties)

Thank you. She talks as if a small child up and performed this (long neglected) task on his own. He's a grown man! Little wonder that he noticed a mess and cleaned it up. He's probably bored out of his tree, and he should well be off and own his on by now!

Don't forget, in the most recent birthday post about Sarah, she was described as someone who does things "without being reminded." She is 32 years old. :angry-banghead:

Don't forget, in the most recent birthday post about Sarah, she was described as someone who does things "without being reminded." She is 32 years old. :angry-banghead:

And that's what comes of being brought up in isolation and by a very severely depressed mother and a pathological control freak dad.

I have been depressed. Looking back my heart breaks for the way I needed to write a list sometimes to tell myself to shower, wash hair, make toast. Sometimes that was as much as I could do in a day. For me that period was mercifully brief and was treated with compassion and medicine.

For Teri it lasted 12 years. Teri needed a schedule to remind her what to do every.fifteen.minutes. And the kids never were let out of Steve and Teri's sight.

They have absolutely no idea what normal looks like.

Here's what I want to know- With that many unemployed adults loafing about the place, how on God's green earth did that woodpile wind up such a mess?

Awww yeah!!!!! You clean up that pile of wood, Jesse. ;)

Seriously, do the Maxwells have no concept of innuendo?

No, they don't and the goes for the concept of double entendre.

Mary is sporting her shit-eating I'm better than you grin and a bit of a farmer tan. Watch out, Mean Girl Mary, that tan could become an idol. :naughty:

Also, why does Jesse need to wear his phone while cleaning up the woodpile? Who's going to call him? They're all there with him... Taking photos.

Hi Steve.... You asshole.

How old is Jesse....20? 21?

My 21yo son is leaving in a week to go on a 10-day vacation by himself...flying from TX to Baltimore, to visit his best friend who attends Johns Hopkins. They are going to go to the zoo, lots of fun restaurants, and take a 2-day trip to DC to see the sights while he is there. He arranged, planned and paid for all this himself, because well....he has a full-time job and lives in his own apartment.

Jesse cleaned the woodpile.

Way to go there, Stevehovah and Terified. :clap:

P.S. My son was also homeschooled all the way through. We don't all raise inept chidults who cannot function without chorepacks and Mommy and Daddy telling them what to do every 15 fucking minutes.

P.S.S. I went and looked and now I see that their whole point was LOOK OUR CHILD HAS INITIATIVE!!! Now I'm laughing even harder. :lol:

So, Anna, Jesse and Mary cleaned up a patch of the lawn, and Jesse got the credit for taking the initiative, because he has a penis. :lol:

And yep, how unfortunately written. Sarah could make it into a Janet and John style book for preschoolers. And then Terry Wogan could come out of retirement and snark on it, on BBC Radio 2. (Palimpsest, are you there to discuss our Terry?!)

I tried to sell the whole idea of a penis being required for yard work since I was old enough to have to cut the lawn.

My mom never bought it. :D As an adult I don't care who does it, as long as it isn't me. That looked like an awful way to spend the day.

(add me to the camp of being surprised it was allowed to get that way.)

Archived