IGNORED

Teri Maxwell's latest Mom's Corner-Depression and Scheduling

SPHASH

Part of me wonders if theyve taken a hit after LFOP. maybe not considerably but bloggers like Erika seem to be giving their product for free. She shows us how she makes a schedule and years of her master schedules. After that, that's 90% of the product, right?

I just can't imagine that they have tons to sell in the age of information here. Then again, I never got the draw. I'm a student. I make schedule spreadsheets all the time -- one for classes and TAing and one for office hours so I can find those quickly. It just isn't rocket science. For everything else, I bullet journal.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't wake up at 5:45am, your house will be a mess and you will be wondering why. DUH

But yeah, what is with the scheduling theme? A reboot of MOTH?

Wait a minute...my house is clean and the hesdship and I both work full time and the young kidults all go to school full time and work part time.

I wonder how the Maxwells would explain that?

Maybe while I'm asleep Satan comes in and wields swiffers with a vengeance ...would explain the cloven hoof prints on the porch and Occam's razor, after all.

I'm thinking they are going to do a re-release of MOTH. Now with illustrations by Mary Maxwell!!

Now the Mary is done with home-school, she will have an extra 4 hours or so of free time on her hands while she waits for her future headship to arrive. Can't be having any free time, idle hands are the the Devils business, don't ya know? :naughty:

I wondered why you wrote 'the Mary' (is that an affectation or a riffle?) and my brain helpfully jumped from that to 'The Mary'. :whistle:

Oh jeez. A whole blog post on unpacking? SNORE

It's cute that Abby did a welcome home sign, but you can barely see it in the photo. You can see Bethany's one much better.

They had dinner at Joseph and Elissa's. Elissa made Mary a purse for her birthday. What Mary would actually use it for I don't know, seeing as they don't have friends to go to town with at the weekends/any day.

John's looking super engaged in the "fellowshipping" picture.

Maybe while I'm asleep Satan comes in and wields swiffers with a vengeance ...would explain the cloven hoof prints on the porch and Occam's razor, after all.

:lol:

This gave me a great mental image. Swiffer's latest series of ads has people finding a Swiffer on their doorstep, and showing how it solves their particular cleaning problem.

Some examples (these are the long forms -- there are also 30 and 60 second ones that have aired on TV):

So I can just imagine how Satan got hold of a Swiffer:

(Cheery Swiffer ad music fades to sounds of tormented souls screaming)

Satan: "We get ash, we get soot, Charon is always tracking in mud from the River Styx . . . and when you have a three-headed dog, you get lots of dog hair and drool."

(shot of Cerberus romping and drooling)

(doorbell sound -- Satan pushes Cerberus aside, opens the gates of Hell. Change to shot from outside the gates -- there is a green plastic box, melting under the sign that says "Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.")

Satan: "What's this? Swiffer, eh?"

etc. :twisted:

It never fails to amaze me at how "scientific" child rearing is among fundies. I'm glad that the if-then chart might afford some parental restraint against walloping a blessing unnecessarily, but how about recognizing that kids are individuals and need to be raised as such?

I've seen the if-then approach used for kids with autism, but not so much as a disciplinary tool. Rather, the chart will list things the kid is supposed to do before they do other things. For example, if the kid helps clean up after dinner, then he gets to play with Legos. If the kid finishes her homework, she gets to watch TV. That kind of thing.

Loving Steve's latest Seriously post.... our snarking is PROOF that he's doing it RIGHT!

YOU HAVE THEM

Everyone has them.

Moses had them.

David had them.

Jeremiah had them.

Jesus had them.

The apostles had them.

We will all have them.

Everyone will have critics (of the destructive rather than the constructive variety), regardless whether you are worldly or conservative. Sure, some will be louder than others, but the venom is always poisonous. Their purpose is not to build up but to tear down. Today, there are so many self-professed experts on everyone else’s business. They might not be able to make a living or raise commendable children, but they sure are quick to tell everyone else what to do.

Would you believe they can be a blessing? One way you can tell you are on the right track is by who dislikes and criticizes you. It is a scary thing when the wrong people like you.

“Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.†(Matthew 5:10-12)

Steve Maxwell

Titus2, Inc

Didn't Jimbob Duggar write the forward to one of Steve's parenting books? Yes he did.

titus2.com/buying-a-house-debt-free-foreword.html

It's a scary thing when the wrong people like you, huh? :whistle:

Loving Steve's latest Seriously post.... our snarking is PROOF that he's doing it RIGHT!

Didn't Jimbob Duggar write the forward to one of Steve's parenting books? Yes he did.

titus2.com/buying-a-house-debt-free-foreword.html

It's a scary thing when the wrong people like you, huh? :whistle:

Well, to be fair, Jim Bob just wrote about BUYING a house, not what goes on inside it. MAJOR eyeroll.

Today, there are so many self-professed experts on everyone else’s business.

Yeah, tell us all about that, Steve.

I wondered why you wrote 'the Mary' (is that an affectation or a riffle?) and my brain helpfully jumped from that to 'The Mary'. :whistle:

Hahahaha. It was a riffle!

However, in some ways they do feel like inanimate objects so maybe some of my subconscious is seeping in.

Today, there are so many self-professed experts on everyone else’s business. They might not be able to make a living or raise commendable children, but they sure are quick to tell everyone else what to do.

Oh, my Steve, let me break this down for you so it is easy to understand.

1) You are a self-professed expert on everyone's business. In fact that IS your business.

2) You may make a living, but I don't think you have raised commendable children. You have raised children so scared of their own shadow, they don't leave. You have raised children incapable of having options other than yours. You have raise egotistical children who think they (through you) know everything and everyone else in the world is wrong. And yes, I do criticize you, but I am able to make a living. In fact, a very good one. No children, but that is by MY choice (yes Steve, even though I am a grown woman with no husband, my parents don't make decisions for me anymore. I know sit down and take a deep breath).

3) All your Dad's Connors are telling everyone else what to do.

And Steve, you don't get to claim the high ground, as your criticism of everyone is constructive, and that any criticism thrown at you is destructive.

So to sum up, Steve, you are a hypocritical asshat.

PS: Come over and play sometime. :greetings-wavingblue:

twin2, congrats on your 4000th post! I feel like someone should get you a statue, perhaps of Mary, or Nike...

I definitely think it's been photoshopped (my photoshop expert coworker agrees and you can see outlines, especially around Anna's shoulder) but the more I look at it, the more I'm convinced that they also used a photo backdrop instead of a real location. The lighting is completely off and the entire look is flat and two dimensional. And that includes the people.

It's a very unsettling, almost sinister photo. Fitting, I'd say.

Well, to be fair, Jim Bob just wrote about BUYING a house, not what goes on inside it. MAJOR eyeroll.

Yeah, tell us all about that, Steve.

Ha ha. Like Josh BOUGHT his own house. He was given it by Jim Bob, and is now where Jessa and Bin live. (The Seewalds do live in that same house, right?)

Should be some different photos tomorrow as it is Joseph & Alyssa's 1st anniversary. Well, there should be, IF, it can be scheduled in. She is due in October?

YOU HAVE THEM

Everyone has them.

Moses had them.

David had them.

Jeremiah had them.

Jesus had them.

The apostles had them.

We will all have them.

Everyone will have critics

I got critics,

You got critics,

All God's children got critics!

If you get to Maxhell, gotta just ignore your critics,

Gotta gloat all over Steve's Maxhell, Maxhell, Maxhell.

Ev'rybody talkin' 'bout Maxhell ain't goin' there, Maxhell, Maxhell,

I'm gonna keep my ass outta Maxhell!

[bBvideo 560,340:251r8m8i]

[/bBvideo]

I realized yesterday that I had never read the earliest posts on their blog so I was looking back at 2006. They have some pictures taken in their basement with everyone lending a hand to package up and ship out orders-- including grandpa. Man that basement was full! They really were selling a lot of books. I wonder what the basement looks like now?

The last time they showed pics of them organizing that area of the basement, it was still pretty full.

The strangest part for me of looking at older pictures of the blog is how little so many things have changed, besides them getting older and wearing different clothes.

The strangest part for me of looking at older pictures of the blog is how little so many things have changed, besides them getting older and wearing different clothes.

That's possibly the the saddest thing to observe about any family. :|

Agree!

You know what I do "miss" (sort of) is the yearly picture they used to do of the entire family (including the "extended" relatives). They don't seem to do that anymore, or if they do, they don't post it to the blog. Wonder why.

Archived