• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Rhetorica

Staddon Blog: An Encouraging Weekend...with Gothard's Enable

Rhetorica

Esther, the seemingly sweet and humble Staddon sister, has posted a re-cap of a recent inspirational weekend with IBLP's top brass where there was talk of spiritual renewal. Musing about whether I should ask her if there was any self-reflection about why they spent so many years protecting and empowering a sexual predator, I clicked on the comments only to see a judgey comment from Argentina. The writer was responding to an off-hand remark in a recent post where it was mentioned that their grandmother lives alone. The commenter was shaming them for abandoning their grandmother in her old age. That this criticism should be leveled at these "family values" standard-bearers struck me as funny.

teachergirl

Poor Esther....I have to admit, I am fairly surprised that IBLP didn't take more of a hit in members and meetings....All of our IBLP seemed to have doubled down on it and still follow all of the nuttiness.

I feel sorry for the Staddons...only one married with no courtships in sight.

TenderloinTrash

I'm going to be that guy. Who are the Staddons? I searched them and went to their space in the family part but there wasn't really anything on who they are in the fundie world other than high rollers.

acheronbeach

Robertloveskendalyn. com/robert/

Big IBLP family. Son Robert is besties with David Waller (married to Priscilla Keller). The two of them often come across as a gay couple.

TenderloinTrash
Robertloveskendalyn. com/robert/

Big IBLP family. Son Robert is besties with David Waller (married to Priscilla Keller). The two of them often come across as a gay couple.

Oh ok it's that guy. I'm going to go fall down the rabbit hole

Rhetorica

As far as the ATI family blogs go, the Staddons seem as blandly nice as any--not a lot of snark material to speak of beyond their association with high-profile figures. (Acheronbeach hit all the main high points.) Their blogging has really dropped off in the past year or so.

I'm really interested in how the faithful are responding to the scandal(s). Likely in their minds the only legitimate response is doubling down, but what they don't realize is how damning that actually is to their personal integrity--at least from an onlooker's perspective.

nelliebelle1197

Esther is the Poor Sarah of the Staddons. Poor Esther. The Staddons are nearly on par with the Ardnts in the creepy unmarried children parade. It is really bizarre that they have all those unmarrieds in the ATI culture. Does anyone know the age order? Robert is not oldest and that's about all I know.

ETA: totally forgot Kendalyn now has THREE kids!

libriatrix
The Staddons are nearly on par with the Ardnts in the creepy unmarried children parade.

Oh surely not! No one could rival the be-penguined Arndts for creepy unmarried children awards!

There is, however, a long-standing precedent for never questioning adult never-marrieds in ATI culture... ole Bill himself. Seriously, one of the most bizarre facets of ATI is that all the intensely-detailed precepts for the the ONE RIGHT WAY to handle marriage and parenting come from a man now in his 80s who has never once been married or fathered a child.

JillsFlowerHeadband
The Staddons are nearly on par with the Ardnts in the creepy unmarried children parade.

Yeah, I tend to mentally lump the Staddons and the Arndts together... Donald's the oldest, isn't he? He's got to be about the same age as Paul Arndt if my sometimes unreliable memory serves me right here.

halcionne
Esther is the Poor Sarah of the Staddons. Poor Esther. The Staddons are nearly on par with the Ardnts in the creepy unmarried children parade. It is really bizarre that they have all those unmarrieds in the ATI culture. Does anyone know the age order? Robert is not oldest and that's about all I know.

ETA: totally forgot Kendalyn now has THREE kids!

Donald, 36

Michael, 34

Robert, 33 (married to Kendalyn and Pecan's bestie)

Esther, 29

James, 27

Daniel, 24

Jonathan, 22

David, 19

Since Esther's the only girl, maybe they need her to be Mother's helper. Nevermind that everyone is grown and should be out on their own by now. Why haven't these kids paired off with any Neelys or other kids in their circle?

nelliebelle1197

The Staddons would work for the Maxwell girldults.

Michael with Sarah, the two youngest boys for Anna & Mary. The Maxwells still have ATI customers, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch!

Dandruff

Oh surely not! No one could rival the be-penguined Arndts for creepy unmarried children awards!

There is, however, a long-standing precedent for never questioning adult never-marrieds in ATI culture... ole Bill himself. Seriously, one of the most bizarre facets of ATI is that all the intensely-detailed precepts for the the ONE RIGHT WAY to handle marriage and parenting come from a man now in his 80s who has never once been married or fathered a child.

That we know of.

Hane
Someone has to hook up one of the Staddons with Sarah Maxwell!!!!

Never gonna happen, what with the Staddons' ties to that perv Gothard. Stevehovah would never approve.

PopRox

"That we know of" -- Dandruff beat me to it!