IGNORED

Duggar Aviation Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://imgur.com/9KDN9go

Here's the plane.

I have a Samsung galaxy, but I'll try and figure this out. I had to leave the airport so I could pick up my kids from school.

That's it! So cool! Somebody is not far from the plane if the door has been left open. My guess is that John David is cooling his heels at the FBO while his passenger (Daddy?) is conducting business.

I have a theory regarding the stop in Elk City. Airnav.com reports fuel prices. As someone with a pilot's certificate, I am aware that many pilots look for good deals on fuel and will plan trips accordingly. Elk City is more or less in a direct line to Amarillo. The stop in Elk City was a short one.

Airnav reports fuel prices as:

$4.65 per gallon in Springdale.

$3.88 in Elk City.

$5.98 in Amarillo.

It would not surprise me if this was merely a fuel stop.

http://imgur.com/9KDN9go

Here's the plane.

I have a Samsung galaxy, but I'll try and figure this out. I had to leave the airport so I could pick up my kids from school.

I have a couple of pictures but it's basically the same as the first one I posted so I won't upload all of them. I had to get out of my car and take a few of the military and nasa planes they keep at the hanger where I was parked so I didn't look like some weirdo stalker.

Looking at the photo, it does not appear that the airplane is parked at the FBO (fixed base operator). This is where you would normally expect a transient civilian airplane to park.

If it is indeed parked somewhere else, it is very possible that they are trying not to draw attention to themselves.

I have a couple of pictures but it's basically the same as the first one I posted so I won't upload all of them. I had to get out of my car and take a few of the military and nasa planes they keep at the hanger where I was parked so I didn't look like some weirdo stalker.

Meh. It's a public facility.

Can you tell us where on the airport grounds you found the airplane parked?

Meh. It's a public facility.

Can you tell us where on the airport grounds you found the airplane parked?

http://imgur.com/2mMMEED

Here's one where I was hiding behind the dumpster to get the plane.

The place they are at is west of TAC Air. It's called Rico Aviation and the sign says Air Ambulance. Here's their website.

ricoaviation.com

The place they are at is west of TAC Air. It's called Rico Aviation and the sign says Air Ambulance. Here's their website.

ricoaviation.com

That's not where you would normally park. It seems as if they are trying to NOT be seen.

I had to get out of my car and take a few of the military and nasa planes they keep at the hanger where I was parked so I didn't look like some weirdo stalker.

I'm a plane spotter (you know, those people who camp around airports and take pictures of planes there), so this is totally normal behaviour for me. :lol: Sitting inside a car and taking pictures is more suspicious imho.

Our anonymous contributor has provided a link to the satellite view of the area in question from google maps

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Rick+ ... 68!6m1!1e1

I am conflicted about all of this. Half of me is enjoying the play by play reporting and I'm :popcorn2: about it, but it's getting pretty close to the outer limits of my comfort zone. Other members should carry on as they are comfortable, and I will continue to share comments from anon, if they chime in.

It looks like Rico Aviation may be run by a fellow Christian.

I pulled up an article on Google that had a lot of quotes from the owner, Richard Coon.

This quote was telling:

How did this 52-year-old get in the air ambulance business?

"God threw it in my hands," Coon said.

I'm a plane spotter (you know, those people who camp around airports and take pictures of planes there), so this is totally normal behaviour for me. :lol: Sitting inside a car and taking pictures is more suspicious imho.

This makes me feel better, thanks. Not that you were trying to assuage my concerns, but you did anyway!

Here you go Gobbles.

http://imgur.com/ch317RM

Do we even know if any Duggars were actually on the plane?

Our anonymous contributor has provided a link to the satellite view of the area in question from google maps

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Rick+ ... 68!6m1!1e1

I am conflicted about all of this. Half of me is enjoying the play by play reporting and I'm :popcorn2: about it, but it's getting pretty close to the outer limits of my comfort zone. Other members should carry on as they are comfortable, and I will continue to share comments from anon, if they chime in.

I dont blame you Halcionne. I only did this for our amazing detectives on this thread. I can honestly say that I parked right off the road and in no way did anything illegal or suspicious. Just a person throwing some trash away and letting my dog drink some water. 8-)

Here you go Gobbles.

http://imgur.com/ch317RM

OT (Is that even OT in an aviation theard?)

I'm jealous because that looks like some awesome planes. Love the NASA one!

Btw, there are forums and homepages for plane spotters who give you tips on how to get the best position for each airport. ;-)

I did a little more snooping around, but I think it's a dead end.

The Duggar plane landed in Amarillo at 1:56 PM. It appears that it is still there.

Amarillo is not the busiest airport in the country by any stretch. I was wondering if a Duggar possibly took another flight from Amarillo. It made no sense that they parked at Rico Aviation unless they were trying to be discreet or... if they were hopping on a Rico Aviation airplane. With that in mind, I tried to see if a Rico Aviation plane or other plane had left Amarillo shortly after the Duggars arrived.

Here are the possibilities:

1) Southwest to Dallas at 2:20 PM. I can't imagine that they could have boarded on time.

2) N727TX to Birmingham, Alabama. This is a private jet. There is nothing that I see that connects it to Rico Aviation and/or anything having to do with the Duggars.

3) N35GC to San Jose. This appears to be a legitimate air ambulance, and not one of Rico Air's. It is a different type of model than Rico advertises and it has been all over the country in the past few days.

4) United to Houston at 4:49 PM. I doubt they would have arrived so early for this flight.

So as fun as an exercise as it was, my guess is that whatever is happening is happening in Amarillo.

Well... One more wrinkle.

I looked up a Rico Aviation plane and it was not trackable.

So I can't say one way or another whether a Rico Aviation plane left Amarillo shortly after the Duggar's arrived. It's a fun exercise to wonder, but that's about it.

I did a little more snooping around, but I think it's a dead end.

The Duggar plane landed in Amarillo at 1:56 PM. It appears that it is still there.

Amarillo is not the busiest airport in the country by any stretch. I was wondering if a Duggar possibly took another flight from Amarillo. It made no sense that they parked at Rico Aviation unless they were trying to be discreet or... if they were hopping on a Rico Aviation airplane. With that in mind, I tried to see if a Rico Aviation plane or other plane had left Amarillo shortly after the Duggars arrived.

Here are the possibilities:

1) Southwest to Dallas at 2:20 PM. I can't imagine that they could have boarded on time.

2) N727TX to Birmingham, Alabama. This is a private jet. There is nothing that I see that connects it to Rico Aviation and/or anything having to do with the Duggars.

3) N35GC to San Jose. This appears to be a legitimate air ambulance, and not one of Rico Air's. It is a different type of model than Rico advertises and it has been all over the country in the past few days.

4) United to Houston at 4:49 PM. I doubt they would have arrived so early for this flight.

So as fun as an exercise as it was, my guess is that whatever is happening is happening in Amarillo.

We can mark off any local bands playing huh?

I can't think of anything going on tonight that they would attend. When I was younger, I had some neighbors that I suspect were Quiverfull so we definitely have those types around here.(It wouldn't be well known of course) All I can think of is they will probably eat at the Big Texan that offers a free 72 oz steak if you can eat it within an hour, including all the sides. Can you imagine???? :pink-shock:

OT (Is that even OT in an aviation theard?)

I'm jealous because that looks like some awesome planes. Love the NASA one!

Btw, there are forums and homepages for plane spotters who give you tips on how to get the best position for each airport. ;-)

Good to know, thanks Gobbles.

The NASA plane is called the Shuttle Training Aircraft (STA). It's been here for a couple of years now and I was able to go inside and take a couple of pictures. The cock pit is what you would see in any of the space shuttles.

We can mark off any local bands playing huh?

I can't think of anything going on tonight that they would attend. When I was younger, I had some neighbors that I suspect were Quiverfull so we definitely have those types around here.(It wouldn't be well known of course) All I can think of is they will probably eat at the Big Texan that offers a free 72 oz steak if you can eat it within an hour, including all the sides. Can you imagine???? :pink-shock:

Didn't they eat here once??? If so, what took them to Amarillo then?

http://bigtexan.com/

all I gotta add is I fuckin love planes!! I hate flying but I love planes!! They're so cool. Thanks for those plane pics, those military ones are super cool looking.

I wonder if he's picking up Joy and Carlin Bates from an airport in Texas. Jill's blog post said they were coming back soon and the Duggar have always left from Texas when they fly to Central America. Not sure why they would be there still though.

I wonder if he's picking up Joy and Carlin Bates from an airport in Texas. Jill's blog post said they were coming back soon and the Duggar have always left from Texas when they fly to Central America. Not sure why they would be there still though.

I can't imagine that they would be returning to Amarillo. Houston or Dallas most likely.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived