IGNORED

Botkinettes' website has had a facelift!

Marian the Librarian

After a full year of silence, the Botkinettes have emerged from underground, and visionarydaughters.com is now botkinsisters.com (fear not, all old content has been archived). It's basically the same old wine in new bottles ("What Every Christian Girl Can Learn From Kate Middleton," "The History of Womanhood That Feminists Don't Want You to Know") - but the updated, bloviatory, loaded-with-links-to-products-for-sale "About Us" section is worthy of a full quote:

Put simply, we’re two very unworthy daughters of a merciful Heavenly Father, saved by grace, walking by faith, and seeking to live and proclaim the beauty of His vision for His daughters.

Our passion is to explore the question: Where do young Christian women, especially the unmarried, fit into the Body of Christ? What role are we called to play in advancing the Kingdom of God? And how is that different from the mainstream path that Christian young women are usually pressured into?

The fire burning in our souls is to communicate the full depth and breadth of the womanhood of the Bible – the disciple-making, counsel-giving, profit-earning, church-serving, gift-exercising, knowledge-seeking, hospitality-giving, poor-and-needy-helping, initiative-taking, truth-proclaiming, nations-evangelizing femininity we see praised from Genesis to Revelation.

Some, including Time Magazine, Christianity Today, and Jezebel.com, have called us leaders of the “stay-at-home-daughter†movement, but that’s not actually what our message has ever been all about.

Our message is fundamentally about the identity and purpose women were created to have in Christ, and the role that Christian women were created to play in family, church, state, society, commerce, and culture.

Our first glimpses of Scripture’s counter-cultural vision inspired us to write So Much More: The Remarkable Influence of Visionary Daughters on the Kingdom of God in 2005, at the tender ages of 17 and 19 (and our youth and inexperience certainly show); to launch this website (originally under the name “Visionary Daughtersâ€) as a place to continue our studies and writings on biblical single womanhood in 2006; and to produce our developing ideas in documentary form in “Return of the Daughters†in 2007. In 2011, we wrote and published another book, It’s (Not That) Complicated: How to Relate to Guys in a Healthy, Sane, and Biblical Way, and in 2013, we produced the Reclaiming Beauty Webinar and consequent Study Course.

Our obviously sporadic output is thanks to our frequent decisions to pull back from writing and speaking altogether to focus on growing theologically, spiritually, and in ability in handling the word of truth – as well as to focus on really living the message we’re trying to preach.

This, for us, means spending most of our time working with our whole family team in our family’s ministry, Western Conservatory of the Arts and Sciences, in which we get to work with our favorite people creating fun stuff like this, this, and this and occasionally speaking at events together; being very involved in our wonderful local church; running a very involved open-door hospitality ministry; collaborating here and there with our wonderful father, Geoffrey Botkin, our amazing mother, Victoria Botkin, our filmmaker brother, our military historian brother, our film composer brother, our entrepreneur brother, and our web developer brother (builder of this site, in fact) on their interesting projects; and spending as much time as possible with our niece and soon-to-be-six nephews.

This – and all the laundry, cooking, and bathroom-cleaning it involves – is our real ministry. Between this and our ministry to young women, we try to hunt down spare minutes for house remodeling, reading and studying, DIY projects, event coordinating, music-making, and getting out into the beautiful Tennessee outdoors.

May I humbly suggest "Bathroom cleaning is my real ministry" as a new post count title?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:banana-dance: :greetings-clappingyellow: Thank you, Marian! I can't wait to see how they've repackaged the same old patriarse-y.

Cripes. I could post this comment on any forum, because it applies to all of them, but don't these people ever get tired of themselves and the constant spewing of repetitive crap?

After a full year of silence, the Botkinettes have emerged from underground, and visionarydaughters.com is now botkinsisters.com (fear not, all old content has been archived). It's basically the same old wine in new bottles ("What Every Christian Girl Can Learn From Kate Middleton," "The History of Womanhood That Feminists Don't Want You to Know") - but the updated, bloviatory, loaded-with-links-to-products-for-sale "About Us" section is worthy of a full quote:

May I humbly suggest "Bathroom cleaning is my real ministry" as a new post count title?

ELEVENTY!

I thought they were older than they are-- or have they become 29 forever?

From their post on the new site

Our first glimpses of Scripture’s counter-cultural vision inspired us to write So Much More: The Remarkable Influence of Visionary Daughters on the Kingdom of God in 2005, at the tender ages of 17 and 19 (and our youth and inexperience certainly show);

But a blog post about them gave their ages as 28 and 30 in 2013....

heresthejoy.com/2013/12/for-shame-beautiful-botkins/

Did they magically become younger?

Long time lurker and I can't believe these girls are the topic I choose to use my first post on! I'm so saddened when I see these women. Is anyone called to live a life cleaning toilets as ministry?

Long time lurker and I can't believe these girls are the topic I choose to use my first post on! I'm so saddened when I see these women. Is anyone called to live a life cleaning toilets as ministry?

Idk, at 12 on my first and only mission trip I was told I was the best sweeper and cleaner, like, ever. Maybe I need to defend my title from these spinsters. How dare they? Didn't they know Jesus likes my Clorox better? [emoji13]

It's sad. So many girls I know of in the community now remind me of this...

[bBvideo 560,340:3gi3amc1]

[/bBvideo]

I thought they were older than they are-- or have they become 29 forever?

From their post on the new site

But a blog post about them gave their ages as 28 and 30 in 2013....

heresthejoy.com/2013/12/for-shame-beautiful-botkins/

Did they magically become younger?

Per various public record sources - Anna-Sofia celebrates her 30th birthday this year; Elizabeth will be 28.

Interestingly, A-S's "I've just turned 25" old-blog post from 2010 has not survived the transition to their blog's new format. It would appear that a bit of editing has taken place, and I was wrong when I said all the old content has been archived.

Perhaps they've been taking truth-bending lessons from Stevie Maxwell, who stopped including Sarah's age in her annual birthday posts once she turned 30.

Put simply, Anna Sofia and Elizabeth use far too many words for what little they have to say. I could hardly wade through all that prolixity.

I'm now off to read about what on earth Kate Middleton has to teach Christian Girls. It is probably only - "if you wait long enough your prince will come" - with no double entendres intended by the Botkinettes.. :twisted:

Put simply, Anna Sofia and Elizabeth use far too many words for what little they have to say. I could hardly wade through all that prolixity.

A few translations for you:

Our passion is to explore the question: Where do young Christian women, especially the unmarried, fit into the Body of Christ? What role are we called to play in advancing the Kingdom of God? And how is that different from the mainstream path that Christian young women are usually pressured into?

Translation: "We're never getting married, and we're resigned to it."

Our first glimpses of Scripture’s counter-cultural vision inspired us to write So Much More: The Remarkable Influence of Visionary Daughters on the Kingdom of God in 2005, at the tender ages of 17 and 19 (and our youth and inexperience certainly show); to launch this website (originally under the name “Visionary Daughtersâ€) as a place to continue our studies and writings on biblical single womanhood in 2006; and to produce our developing ideas in documentary form in “Return of the Daughters†in 2007. In 2011, we wrote and published another book, It’s (Not That) Complicated: How to Relate to Guys in a Healthy, Sane, and Biblical Way, and in 2013, we produced the Reclaiming Beauty Webinar and consequent Study Course.

Translation: "Buy our stuff."

Our obviously sporadic output is thanks to our frequent decisions to pull back from writing and speaking altogether to focus on growing theologically, spiritually, and in ability in handling the word of truth – as well as to focus on really living the message we’re trying to preach.

Translation: "When we start showing signs of chafing and impending rebellion, our father puts us in lockdown mode for reprogramming."

This, for us, means spending most of our time working with our whole family team in our family’s ministry, Western Conservatory of the Arts and Sciences, in which we get to work with our favorite people creating fun stuff like this, this, and this and occasionally speaking at events together; being very involved in our wonderful local church; running a very involved open-door hospitality ministry; collaborating here and there with our wonderful father, Geoffrey Botkin, our amazing mother, Victoria Botkin, our filmmaker brother, our military historian brother, our film composer brother, our entrepreneur brother, and our web developer brother (builder of this site, in fact) on their interesting projects; and spending as much time as possible with our niece and soon-to-be-six nephews.

Translations: "Buy more of our stuff," and "Boys are more interesting than girls, and get to marry and have kids."

This – and all the laundry, cooking, and bathroom-cleaning it involves – is our real ministry. Between this and our ministry to young women, we try to hunt down spare minutes for house remodeling, reading and studying, DIY projects, event coordinating, music-making, and getting out into the beautiful Tennessee outdoors.

Translation: "We're putting some lipstick on the pig known as indentured servitude."

Thank you, Marian. Well done!

I only have one quibble:

Translation: "When we start showing signs of chafing and impending rebellion, our father puts us in lockdown mode for reprogramming."

I think that may translate as: "We've been on radio silence recently because Daddy couldn't decide on what we should say after the DPIAT scandal. We are embarrassed we ever featured Lourdes in one of our films because she is no longer a good role model by Botkin standards."

I wonder what the Botkinettes really knew about Doug and whether they believe Lourdes.

I may have missed it, but you will know: has Geoff the Duck Biologist taken any official stance on his previous association with VF?

I may have missed it, but you will know: has Geoff the Duck Biologist taken any official stance on his previous association with VF?

Radio silence on Duck Biologist's main website, the Western Conservatory.

Note, also, that Return of the Daughters is nowhere for sale except perhaps on Ebay.

Interesting. They've shifted from "what you do at home until you get married" to "how unmarried women can serve Jeebus." Does this mean the Botkin girls have given up on Daddy B auctioning them off?

Okay they mentioned soon to be six nephews.....we know Issac and Heidi are expecting....this must mean David and Nadia are too right? Oh goody, more procreating from the Botkins.

>snip< Per various public record sources - Anna-Sofia celebrates her 30th birthday this year; Elizabeth will be 28.

Interestingly, A-S's "I've just turned 25" old-blog post from 2010 has not survived the transition to their blog's new format. It would appear that a bit of editing has taken place, and I was wrong when I said all the old content has been archived.>snip<

That's okay, I took screenshots. :wink-kitty:

I forgot that that their technical problem-plagued webinar was called Reclaiming Beauty. Could they be Kidist's silent partners? :lol: Sorry, made myself laugh.

Every time I read about an unmarried fundie girl I find myself wondering if they will ever find someone or if they are destined to forever take care of their parent's children/home.

I noticed that I start to think of them as old maids and then I remind myself that usually these young women are my age (31) or younger! I'm living happily with my boyfriend now, but getting married isn't something I feel I need to do the second or even in the next few years. It makes me uncomfortable to realize even I (with my liberal mindset) start to think of these young (so young!!) women as "spinsters" and the like.

Archived