IGNORED

Joshley Madison Part 6 - Sin, Confess, Repeat

Boogalou

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm that blog is interesting!

Bill Maher was hilarious last night. I really wish Vice or someone would do a documentary on Gothardism and fundies. It would be so fascinating.

And certainly a HIPAA violation.

there won't be any private medical information or stuff like that going on, so no need to worry about hipaa.

plus i'm sure a part of the paperwork is signing a release of some sort. it's probably just a basic bible meeting anyway. remember, they aren't allowed to actually talk about their problems.

S3cr3tl1f3.blogspot.com

Thoughts? Real, fake, belongs to some other random guy who cheats on his spousal unit and has freakishly controlling parents?

Theres only five or six posts spanning from December 2012 to Jan. 2013

Its quite interesting. Just enough little details that it could be Josh's. Lived at home until 20, homeschooled, was told by mother he was "more than prepared to be a soldier in God's army.", only one other relationship at 12 years old (a betrothal) that was called off due to his sin...

But there were a few sentences that caught my attention, from Jan 2nd:

"They were about to find my sister a mate but decided I had ruined the whole betrothal idea. So courtship happened. I hope my sisters avoid it."

S3cr3tl1f3.blogspot.com

Thoughts? Real, fake, belongs to some other random guy who cheats on his spousal unit and has freakishly controlling parents?

It's extremely easy to change post dates in Blogger:

wikihow.com/Change-the-Post-Date-on-Blogger

answers.squarespace.com/questions/3360/can-i-back-date-a-blog-post

blogger-hints-and-tips.blogspot.com/2009/12/changing-date-for-post.html

I'm not technically gifted enough to figure out if this blog was backdated, though. It seems to match a little too perfectly, if you know what I mean.

I watched the Bill Maher episode. I liked hearing him call out Josh Duggar, but was I the only one kind of bothered by where he took it? He said it's great that society now accepts gay and transgender people (he even showed a picture of Caitlyn Jenner and referenced her genitals), "but what about the other 95% of us?" Maybe I'm misunderstanding him, but I don't think the problem is that people aren't accepting enough of straight sexuality. In Josh's case, sure, it would have been better if he hadn't been forced from the beginning into a narrow definition of acceptable sexuality, but why compare it to gay and transgender people like they're the ones who have the advantage here? In the Duggar world being gay or trans (which isn't even about sexuality, it's about gender) would definitely be worse than what Josh did, and even in the secular world I think it would have been a bigger story if Josh had been engaging in homosexual affairs. No one would really care about what he did anyway if he hadn't been so vocal before about his "pro-family" values. Most would find it wrong that he cheated, but otherwise it would have been pretty unexceptional.

Plus, ignoring Josh, I think most gay and trans people (especially the trans people in the US being murdered for being trans) would disagree that being gay or trans is more accepted than having some nonstandard heterosexual preferences.

I was glad he mentioned it, but I agree. He took it in the absolute wrong direction. It's almost like when American Chrustians scream persecution for not being allowed to discriminate against LGBTQ people or white Americans scream about how they can be victims of racism too - when you're in the majority, which straight people are, you can't face that type of discrimination. He completely missed the point.

I do agree with him about Josh though. Josh doesn't seem to be cut out for marriage; or at least the type of marriage he was told to have. Under any other circumstances it wouldn't be an issue (not wanting to remain married or get married), but because of his parents and their beliefs it is. It's sad that he was raised to just blindly obey because now he's kind of stuck. If he leaves Anna he risks being shunned. If he stays he may wind up miserable because he can't be himself.

S3cr3tl1f3.blogspot.com

The website was backdated. If you click on the post times, some of the page URLs have /2015/08/ in them. Whoever created them was hoping to fool us but forgot to change some of the URLs.

Example: s3cr3tl1f3.blogspot.com/2015/08/so-i-called-bella.html

The page claims to have been written in 2012 but the URL is dated this August 2015.

The website was backdated. If you click on the post times, some of the page URLs have /2015/08/ in them. Whoever created them was hoping to fool us but forgot to change some of the URLs.

The page claims to have been written in 2012 but the URL is dated this August 2015.

Also going along with that, I looked at the page source, which just has all the coding for the page, and all the times are sequential. I guess you can't change the time on the post? Because post one has a time of 12:41 PM, the next 12:48, then 1:07, 2:05, and 2:12.

EDIT: and just noticed they're at the bottom of the posts *face palm* but my point still stands.

Also going along with that, I looked at the page source, which just has all the coding for the page, and all the times are sequential. I guess you can't change the time on the post? Because post one has a time of 12:41 PM, the next 12:48, then 1:07, 2:05, and 2:12.

EDIT: and just noticed they're at the bottom of the posts *face palm* but my point still stands.

Ha! Damn hoaxers

Yep, looks like they sat down and wrote them all in one go, haha. Amateur.

plus i'm sure a part of the paperwork is signing a release of some sort. it's probably just a basic bible meeting anyway. remember, they aren't allowed to actually talk about their problems.

Maybe I'm wrong(and by all means, correct me if I am), but I thought that clients couldn't discuss their problems among themselves outside of their meetings.

S3cr3tl1f3.blogspot.com

I'm going to vote fake. I'm curious about when it was made. It just has such a childish tone -- as if someone is mimicking how they think JD would write. Rather than an adult JD with crappy writing skills.

I kinda wonder if Josh has an account here? It seems like he was curious about many of the things he was raised to avoid.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

How ironic would it be if one day, we would find out that a respected poster was in fact Joshy Madison (or another fundie) all along.

Maybe I'm wrong(and by all means, correct me if I am), but I thought that clients couldn't discuss their problems among themselves outside of their meetings.

from what i remember, the rulebook stated that they couldn't talk about their problems/sins, no caveats as to outside meetings or not. perhaps i misread the rule, but my understanding of the program was "work, pray, eat crappy food, sleep, lather, rinse, repeat, be cured!"

Darn! I was really hoping this blog was real! I wouldn't be surprised to discover that Joshy did or does have a blog or journal on the internet.

Darn! I was really hoping this blog was real! I wouldn't be surprised to discover that Joshy did or does have a blog or journal on the internet.

I think that, if he did, he would have gone with more of what he wanted his life to be, rather than what it was, like his OkC profile.

In addition to that, I don't see Josh being smart enough or worldly enough to create a url like s3cr3tl1f3. He wasn't creative enough to make his Ashley Madison name not a J name for gods sake.

from what i remember, the rulebook stated that they couldn't talk about their problems/sins, no caveats as to outside meetings or not. perhaps i misread the rule, but my understanding of the program was "work, pray, eat crappy food, sleep, lather, rinse, repeat, be cured!"

It's bad enough that Satan is building fortresses of sin in people's hearts. It wouldn't do to have a 27 year old child exposed to someone else's worldly sins, which he obviously would know nothing about unless some awful sinner told him about them. Mommy and daddy aren't footing the bill for his latest charity construction project so that he can socialize with real addicts or real criminals.

And don't forget America, inappropriate touching isn't abuse if it's mostly over clothes. Learn more on TLC's Breaking the Silence tomorrow night at 10pm EDT/PDT.

S3cr3tl1f3.blogspot.com

Where did you find this blog?

I'm DVRing the Bill Maher episode from yesterday. Can someone tell about when he does this ( beginning middle or end if the show).

It's at the very end of the show.

And certainly a HIPAA violation.

No problem with HIPAA since there aren't any medical professionals involved is my thought.

Oh boo :-( That sucks. I didn't even think to check that. I tried checking for a blogger profile, and anything else that might give better dates but nada.

Archived