IGNORED

Kelly Crawford pregnant - MERGED

Hisey

Wasn't Kelly the one who tried to sell the items people had donated to her? Or she made her earn and pay for the donations people had given them?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought of Kelly Crawford in my real life today. I cleaned out the fridge today with the plan to combine the left over bits and bobs into some kind of soup*. My husband walked into the kitchen shortly after I started doing this job. He saw two chicken breasts and some wilted celery on the counter and asked "What can you make with this? I don't think it is even enough for me let alone both of us". He did not understand why this made me burst into laughter.

*for the record: used up left over chicken, celery, roasted vegetables, spinach and added onions, garlic, broth, a bunch of spices and made a lovely soup which we ate with cornbread made from left over cornmeal, jalepenos, cheese and roast corn.

Wasn't Kelly the one who tried to sell the items people had donated to her? Or she made her earn and pay for the donations people had given them?

That's gross. Are you serious?

How OLD is this woman? I've never paid much attention to her, but I assumed she was 40+ years ago.

She'll be 43 in a couple of weeks.

Someone with an IP address she doesn't know offer her a congratulations.

I think I know who that is. Someone I know IRLsaid she was going to do it. It was supposed to be veiled snark.

The Crawfords did some shady shit after the tornado destroyed their house. One of those shady things was selling some of the donations they received and speaking ill of others who were hurt and lost everything. Source: my cousins who live in the same town as them.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Kelly, but I can't recall seeing evidence that she doesn't take good care of her children. Am I forgetting something?

Her ego is monstrous. Kelly C. has that arrogant stay-at-home-mom, Proverbs 31, Titus 2 attitude that angers people. She believes her way is best and she is "teaching" younger women with the articles she posts and blogs she writes. She cannot write an article about the benefits of being a stay-at-home mother without half of the content being a putdown to working mothers. She wrote an article about making homemade Christmas gifts- insults those do "big" holidays as materialistic. (Her daughters are too good to be waitresses btw) She is comparable to Lori Alexander. She cannot understand situations she has not personally experienced.I think if you go through her blog you will see. None of it adds up to her being an unfit parent, she is just someone you "love to hate". For someone whose pen name is Word Warrior she doesn't demonstrate tact. Also see her comments concerning Lourdes post-Doug Phillips scandal. Nasty stuff.

She locks the kitchen? I've never read much about her, but Errika Shupe keeps posting Kelly Crawford stuff.

Edited to Add: Holy goodness. She comes off as the most put upon person ever. You can't understand what it's like to have a million kids and have people comment on that. You just CAN'T! You there, that mother of two who is pursuing a degree and works outside of the home, YOU are the freak! NOT Kelly. Kelly knows what her reproductive organs are for, and you don't, apparently. :shock:

Kelly apparently does not believe in women's suffrage.

Women voting? Are you ready for this one? I think unless you are a widow it is stupid that we ever had this big ordeal about it. Here’s why…

It wasn’t that “women weren’t allowed to vote†in the good ol days. It was that families operated as households where the husband and wife were truly on the same team. That meant, it was unheard of for the husband and wife to have opposing political views. (Not because he demanded it, but because they simply agreed.)

So, it made sense that during an election, each household voted. Since the husband represented the household, he phycally went to the polls to cast the “household†vote. (It might have been raining or snowing–he took the physical abuse of the travel FOR his wife.)

What’s oppressive about that? I would be perfectly delighted if it still worked that way, because then I wouldn’t be bothered by the inconvenience of having to drive down to the polls. But a handful of women had to go whining about it, so there you have it.

generationcedar.com/main/2008/04/virtuous-wife-submission-dont-be-afraid.html

Wow. I did not know that in the past, all married couples were on the same page about everything and there was no marital discord. Has Kelly ever read any literature at all?

edited to add link

Seriously, do you guys not have postal votes?

I have been voting by mail for years. Maybe that isn't an option in all states.

Wow. I did not know that in the past, all married couples were on the same page about everything and there was no marital discord. Has Kelly ever read any literature at all?

edited to add link

Um yes, bitch, that was exactly it. It was against the law for women to vote. And she homeschools. :roll:

edited to add link

That makes literally no sense. A woman can be unmarried without being a widow. I would venture to say that most suffragettes were young single women who wanted to have a voice without having to go through a husband to do it. And what if your husband was traveling or otherwise physically unable to go to the polling place? Your whole "household" is excluded :cray-cray:

That's assuming, of course, that this historical magic that makes all husbands and wives agree on everything actually existed.

I would like to smack her in her smug face when she wants to throw away generations' worth of women's efforts as immature "whining" because she's too fucking lazy to drive herself to vote. It's not like she's being forced, but other women might appreciate the option.

I have been voting by mail for years. Maybe that isn't an option in all states.

[sarcasm]Only in states where voter suppression isn't a big deal. Because with mail-in ballots it's impossible to tell whether that person should be allowed to vote, on account of their being the wrong color and it's simply too convenient for the working poor, who should be forced to take time off from work to stand in line for hours to vote.[/sarcasm]

If she doesn't want to vote, then she's welcome to stay home. I don't think it's a terrible thing when misinformed, ignorant jerks don't vote.

Kelly's kids' money making venture will be benefiting a "crisis pregnancy" center. Those places really make me want to go have an abortion, even though I am not pregnant.

How old are those kids and why do they know about abortion?!

Enjoy your unlimited nutrient intake now, little fetus...once you're born, a sliver of chicken breast and half a handful of rice will have to do.

edited to add link

"The incovenience of driving to the polling station." Oh boo fucking hoo. Cry me a fucking river. You can't be arsed to drive? There are women in the Middle and Far East who would be desperate to even learn; it's illegal in some countries. And if it's to do with the number of kids you have, well... that's your problem, bitch.

It wasn't just "a handful of women whining". I'm not sure about the suffrage movement in America, but over here women were imprisoned, went on hunger strikes, and there was even Emily Davison who died for the cause- she deliberately ran in front of a field of racehorses who were at full pelt at a very public event. (I imagine there were similar incidents of arrests etc in America). Read up on your history, Kelly. Don't throw the work of your sisters in Christ back in their faces.

• 2 weeks later...

[sarcasm]Only in states where voter suppression isn't a big deal. Because with mail-in ballots it's impossible to tell whether that person should be allowed to vote, on account of their being the wrong color and it's simply too convenient for the working poor, who should be forced to take time off from work to stand in line for hours to vote.[/sarcasm]

We don't have postal votes in Michigan- you can get an absentee ballot for certain reasons (age 60 years old or older; unable to vote without assistance at the polls; expecting to be out of town on election day; in jail awaiting arraignment or trial; unable to attend the polls due to religious reasons; or appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of your precinct of residence) other than those listed reasons you have to vote in person while the polls are open between 7 am and 8 pm. I will say that as an election inspector for several years I've never had anyone in my precinct need to wait in line for more than 5 minutes to vote and that's very rare.

My grandparents were married for over 50 years, and when they disagreed they didn't argue at all- just voted for different candidates. My grandmother would have told Kelly to suck it.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Kelly, but I can't recall seeing evidence that she doesn't take good care of her children. Am I forgetting something?

Yes, two main things:

1. She has written a post about why she is denying her children their dreams. Their dreams are irrelevant in the eyes of God. They only live here to serve God. This post has been discussed here.

2. She has written a spanking manual, where you are supposed to house-proof your baby and not baby-proof your house. Also the spanking is not hard enough if the child manages to scream "huggie".

Yes, two main things:

1. She has written a post about why she is denying her children their dreams. Their dreams are irrelevant in the eyes of God. They only live here to serve God. This post has been discussed here.

2. She has written a spanking manual, where you are supposed to house-proof your baby and not baby-proof your house. Also the spanking is not hard enough if the child manages to scream "huggie".

I have not read either of these. Wow o.O I'm going to do some reading on her blog when I get a chance.

We don't have postal votes in Michigan- you can get an absentee ballot for certain reasons (age 60 years old or older; unable to vote without assistance at the polls; expecting to be out of town on election day; in jail awaiting arraignment or trial; unable to attend the polls due to religious reasons; or appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of your precinct of residence) other than those listed reasons you have to vote in person while the polls are open between 7 am and 8 pm. I will say that as an election inspector for several years I've never had anyone in my precinct need to wait in line for more than 5 minutes to vote and that's very rare.

How nice for the people in your precinct. Just in case national news wasn't available to you during election day 2012, and the days after, try googling the words long wait to vote in 2012 election to see what I was talking about.

Archived