IGNORED

Raquel Loves Gender Stereotypes

ari_belle

I can usually Google things or get my 26 year old sister in law to explain, but #lifeinmy20s is a hash tag I understand. Life AS A 20 makes no sense. Maybe I'll ask Raquel.

Maybe it means she is twice as attractive as a "10." I wouldn't put it past faux-modest Raquel.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, what ever happened to Life's Choices? I've been waiting with bated breath for its publication.

It seems like Raquel's flirted and animal-abused away five years, rather than gifting the world with her beautiful "ficitional".

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Your posts make it seem like you may be familiar with Raquel outside of her blog. Do you happen to know her/her family?

If so, I'm really curious as to why the people in her life tolerate her behavior. I was told on no uncertain terms to "grow up" when I was acting like Raquel at 16. There is no way my family or the people in my life would allow me to behave this way at age 20. It seems like the people in her life support/enable her immaturity when really, they should be pressuring her to grow up.

Her family attended my church briefly many years ago. They have a non-mainstream view of eschatology, which, at least at that time were very vocal about. They did a lot of church hopping. I am Facebook friends with her mother, but 90% of it is her pushing her young living oil business.

I believe that Raquel does have a job. I don't think higher education was encouraged for her or her older brother. I think when she was younger she intended to be a stay at home daughter until marriage, but things shifted in the family in more recent years.

Her family attended my church briefly many years ago. They have a non-mainstream view of eschatology, which, at least at that time were very vocal about. They did a lot of church hopping. I am Facebook friends with her mother, but 90% of it is her pushing her young living oil business.

I believe that Raquel does have a job. I don't think higher education was encouraged for her or her older brother. I think when she was younger she intended to be a stay at home daughter until marriage, but things shifted in the family in more recent years.

Interesting. What shifted in the family?

She has posted in the past that the church they attend is so far away that they can't go every week. Apparently this was the only church that taught what they believe. Raquel seems to be slightly obsessed with Calvinism, but I have also gotten the impression that she likes having religious beliefs that aren't normal because she likes feeling superior to others. Raquel seems to have this need to be different or at least appear to be different. Does she come off that way in real life?

I looked up and she lost the job at the newspaper and didn't have another job till a couple of days ago. She is now working at a coffee shop.

She lost the job at the newspaper? But wasn't that her dream job? :o

We saw it coming. Honestly, I thought it would be after 2-3 weeks, but she stuck it out far longer.

Archived