IGNORED

Raquel Loves Gender Stereotypes

ari_belle

She's somewhat right. She isn't like most women her age. Most women her age are leagues more mature than Raquel.

How old is she now?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to the rabbit God gave her?

God saw she didn't take good care of His little creature and took it back?

I have so much fremdschämen for this young woman. But I'm not sure she'll ever be self-aware enough to realize how much of a fool she's making of herself.

ETA: She's apparently reading "The Great Gadsby" without ever learning how to spell it. Egads.

also, God gave her some dogs....didn't God give her a rabbit a little while ago? it probably met the same fate as the horse.

Dare I ask what happened to the horse?

Dare I ask what happened to the horse?

She got bored with it, did things like let it go without water and then gave it away.

It looks like she is no longer working for the newspaper.

Her posts read like my diary when I was 15 and thought I was so profound and knew all about the world. Now when I read my old diaries I'm so embarrassed to see the drivel that came out of me and so glad that blogs and Facebook didn't exist then so I didn't publish my crap to the world. I wonder if she'll ever look back when she's older and be embarrassed. Not likely?

Her posts read like my diary when I was 15 and thought I was so profound and knew all about the world. Now when I read my old diaries I'm so embarrassed to see the drivel that came out of me and so glad that blogs and Facebook didn't exist then so I didn't publish my crap to the world. I wonder if she'll ever look back when she's older and be embarrassed. Not likely?

She has been writing pretty much the same crap since she was 14 and she doesn't seem to be slightly embarrassed at how she sounds or sounded. Raquel is such an odd bird because she wasn't raised fundie, she just latched onto fundie ideas when she thought it would snag her a fiancee by the time she was 16. So she isn't really a fundie, but she still holds onto fundie beliefs when she thinks they can be used to make her look superior. Her parents have always seemed to cater to whatever she wanted and now she is an adult who still acts like a very immature 14 year old and still expects the entire world to revolve around her. I feel sorry for any children she has because parenting involves a lot of hard work and sacrifice, things Raquel will struggle with. I could see her easily turning into a Jill Rod. who spends her days primping in front of her mirror while her kids fend for themselves.

yes, correct

Okay, what sticks out most to me about the post is that...she doesn't really do anything. Is she still not working or going to school? So everyday is just like a lazy Saturday? I can't believe her parents are putting up with this. Or aren't at least worried for her future.

I love that she hashtags everything with #lifeasa20. Um, no 20 year old I've ever known. I mean, I've had friends and classmates who took awhile to get started in life, goofed off at community college for four or five years,worked at a string of entry level jobs, or changed their major half a dozen times. But everyone was at least doing something to work on their future.

Her parents were much more fundie when she was younger, homeschooled, quiverful, leaned toward patriarchy. But they have loosened up over the years, and I think that is what you see reflected in the change in Raquel. She was "indoctrinated" when she was younger, but no one is holding her to those beliefs now.

Her parents were much more fundie when she was younger, homeschooled, quiverful, leaned toward patriarchy. But they have loosened up over the years, and I think that is what you see reflected in the change in Raquel. She was "indoctrinated" when she was younger, but no one is holding her to those beliefs now.

Your posts make it seem like you may be familiar with Raquel outside of her blog. Do you happen to know her/her family?

If so, I'm really curious as to why the people in her life tolerate her behavior. I was told on no uncertain terms to "grow up" when I was acting like Raquel at 16. There is no way my family or the people in my life would allow me to behave this way at age 20. It seems like the people in her life support/enable her immaturity when really, they should be pressuring her to grow up.

Do you know them? In her blog she mentioned that courtship was her idea and that her parents said she could date. It seems, at least from her blog, that her parents have never really held her accountable for her behavior and just went along with it. Like with the time a friend mentioned Raquel liked a guy and she went hysterical and insisted her parents meet with that girl's parents to talk about it. I don't get why in the world her parents didn't just tell her to calm down and not act like it was the end of the world.

So she's not working, not in school, mostly blogging crap and actively pursuing The One... is she the type to get pregnant to snag a guy? (is that even a thing in this day and age?)

So she's not working, not in school, mostly blogging crap and actively pursuing The One... is she the type to get pregnant to snag a guy? (is that even a thing in this day and age?)

she claims she wants to save her first kiss for marriage, so....we'll see.

she claims she wants to save her first kiss for marriage, so....we'll see.

I call BS on that one, since she's shown all these bikini lap sitting, snuggling under the blanket on a mattress pictures..but sure if that is her story.

Does she think anyone cares, really about that bullshit? She was sexting/sending raw pics of herself to people at 16, why would we care if she never kissed until her wedding? What purity is she preserving given what she's shown others and us all these times?

All I gotta say is, if I had that kind of track record, NO ONE would give me any animals. Where does she keep getting them?

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

She blogged about what she did in a day.

She got up, ate a bagel, watched a movie, watched two episodes of a television show, spent time with Jesus, put gas in her car, went to a frozen yogurt shop with some friends, went shopping, talked to her pastor, drove a friend home, chewed some gum, talked to her boyfriend, decided against taking a shower at night, ate dinner at 10:25, finally fed her bunny, wrote a movie review, and then spent the rest of the night on social media.

I don't get why she doesn't enroll in college. At least take a class on writing since that is her passion. Her parents are not helping her at all by letting her sit around doing nothing with her life. She honestly sounds bored, but it also seems like someone is going to have to shove her into getting outside of her comfort zone.

Can someone PLEASE explain #lifeasa20 to me? Why are all her Instagram posts tagged with that?

Since I had to get a young person to explain hashtags to me I'm probably not the best person to answer this, but I think she is saying that all her pictures represent what life is like when you are 20.

I still don't get the point of hashtagging everything on social media. :shrug:

I can usually Google things or get my 26 year old sister in law to explain, but #lifeinmy20s is a hash tag I understand. Life AS A 20 makes no sense. Maybe I'll ask Raquel.

Since I had to get a young person to explain hashtags to me I'm probably not the best person to answer this, but I think she is saying that all her pictures represent what life is like when you are 20.

I still don't get the point of hashtagging everything on social media. :shrug:

Social media manager here!

Hashtags are great if used properly. They can bring more visibility to your posts and company/message. I don't really use them on my personal stuff though. Mostly because I never post things that interesting. Although I can neither confirm not deny that I post to #catsofinstagram on a regular basis. Also #hazardousjourney was fun.

She's 20.

The dogs came from a rescue.

What the hell kind of rescue would give this twit a dog?

By #lifeasa20 she means "life as a 20 year old who does nothing with her life and thinks it's normal for most 20 year olds not to."

When I was 20, I was working full time and going to school full time... not sitting around watching movies and tv all day. I'm pretty sure most 20-year-olds don't do that. They're pretty busy with work or school.

I call BS on that one, since she's shown all these bikini lap sitting, snuggling under the blanket on a mattress pictures..but sure if that is her story.

Does she think anyone cares, really about that bullshit? She was sexting/sending raw pics of herself to people at 16, why would we care if she never kissed until her wedding? What purity is she preserving given what she's shown others and us all these times?

Not to mention her extremely inappropriate behavior with the young men on her mission trip.... weren't they in an orphanage or something?

Archived