IGNORED

Let's Go Down the FJ Fundie Rabbit Hole!

punkiepie

I always liked Autumn, and to give her parents credit, they ultimately valued their daughter's wellbeing over their ideology and over the good opinion of their (former) friends at church. Anna Duggar, for one, is not so fortunate in her parents.

I used to check in on her blog occasionally, always happy to see the good turn her life had taken, but the last time I tried, I discovered she had made the blog private. Well, good for her--she's better off that way, but I hope that the circumstances of her life continue their upward trend.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're separated again- she's back to her original last name. She's definitely still Catholic- she posted a bunch of "sanctity of marriage" type stuff when gay marriage passed the Supreme Court, which I found to be pretty rich, all things considered. Tony is in school for computer programming and is still an atheist, as far as I can tell. No word if he still thinks disrespectful women deserve to be stoned to death. He still resembles cro magnon man.

Link(s) please? Pretty please?

The woman in 11 on my own. She was so crazy I had to keep reading because I had a co worker who reminded me of her. The blogger is super Catholic and vindictive.

I would've killed to be on FJ way back when the FLDS raid happened.

Otherwise, my favorite fundie fangirl (literally, she's a fundie fangirl) is the author at Raising Servants of Christ. She seems kind and genuine, until you get into the whole "my adopted children are SO LOVED AND WANTED after SOMEBODY EVIL ABANDONED THEM" spiel mixed in with the "How We Duggarized our Life" stuff. She's a major Maxwell leghumper too, and took her family from totally normal albeit Christian-restrictive, to homeschooled and implementing our favorite fundies' philosophies. A wolf in sheep's clothing herself, she recently posted about Josh's drama by calling him a sheep in wolf's clothing.

We've discussed her before, here. It's complete with links to her blogs about the Maxwells and Duggars and how she turned her whole life into an ode to them, dragging biological AND foster children alike along for the ride:

viewtopic.php?f=193&t=13322

Candy was my gateway fundie, way back when in the days of Keeping the Home. She flounced (again) after the whole dust-up here, when a former acquaintance revealed that she had lied and misrepresented herself (which we all knew anyway). She has since come back, and has now transferred her obsession from her Home Management Binder (HMB!) to planners. She has posted multiple video tours of her various planners on her Eyes2Jesus blog which she insists is not a blog, but a WEB SITE.

I also read Emily and Dna, and I found her weirdly fascinating. Then I moved on to Zsu, who baffles me because in one post she can seem like any other mom I might run into at Target or something, and in the next post she comes across as a veritable lunatic. Right now I'm reading the AnnaMatrix. I don't know how I never discovered Anna before, because wow. She's been blogging since 2000 so I have no idea how I'll ever read all of her ramblings. It seems like she's gone off the deep end in recent years. I really need to read all the threads devoted to her.

I've never watched 19 Kids and Counting because I just cannot tolerate the Duggars, but I will admit to feeling smug and even a little giddy over the Josh Duggar Ashley Madison sex scandal news because he is such a freaking hypocrite.

I started lurking for PP, then the Duggars exploded. I have done alot of reading and currently followed Jill R.

However...the most jaw dropping I have read is The Menstrual Meat Squatter. There was a thread made about her for saving things from her blogging days. I spent 3 days in that rabbit hole and wasn't sure I wanted to come back to FJ at first :D

I miss Doug and the VF crowd still as well. It seems that they've all gone under the radar now, and we don't even get to hear the blovating Botkins anymore! And the cosplay extravaganzas were always my favorites.

Lady Lydia has been quiet as well. She's devolved into childish coloring and sewing projects, which does make me wonder about her health.

Doug Phiilips (who is a tool) and his manly men, dressing up and having Hazardous Journeys, which often involved private planes and luxury accommodations. I still peruse the LOLDougs when I need a good laugh. The poll hijack...ah, memories...

That was EPIC! The temper tantrum Dougie threw on his blog was so awesome...

I can't remember the name of my gateway/brought me to FJ Fundie, but it was the woman who had adopted a daughter and then sent her back after posting a picture on her blog where she was convinced this child was the devil, anyone remember her? This had to be 6 years ago or more!!

I can't remember the name of my gateway/brought me to FJ Fundie, but it was the woman who had adopted a daughter and then sent her back after posting a picture on her blog where she was convinced this child was the devil, anyone remember her? This had to be 6 years ago or more!!

Yes, Evil Emma.

She was horrid.

I started lurking for PP, then the Duggars exploded. I have done alot of reading and currently followed Jill R.

However...the most jaw dropping I have read is The Menstrual Meat Squatter. There was a thread made about her for saving things from her blogging days. I spent 3 days in that rabbit hole and wasn't sure I wanted to come back to FJ at first :D

Same here! I had asked for and received some recommendations on other families to start learning about from FJ members and stumbled upon The Menstrual Meat Squatter thread. :pink-shock: I'm terrified of even starting another family thread for fear of what I may find. I may need to suck it up and start on some of the recommendations. I keep telling myself some of the other families couldn't possibly be any more off-putting than the squatter.

Oh my God the squatter! She nearly drove me away from FJ! But my favourite fundie Jill R is so SEVERELY readable I had to stay.......

I miss Doug and the VF crowd still as well. It seems that they've all gone under the radar now, and we don't even get to hear the blovating Botkins anymore! And the cosplay extravaganzas were always my favorites.

Lady Lydia has been quiet as well. She's devolved into childish coloring and sewing projects, which does make me wonder about her health.

Ask, my child, and it shall be delivered unto you! You can hear the Botkinized bloviations of GBot (AKA the Duck Biologist) himself on Scotty Brown's "National Center for Family Integrated Churches" Facebook page. Click on the video links, and prepare to be enlightened on such scintillating topics as "The Difference Between Justification and Sanctification," and "Hypocrisy, Legalism and Phariseeism."

Enjoy!!

:popcorn2: :popcorn2: :popcorn2:

Same here! I had asked for and received some recommendations on other families to start learning about from FJ members and stumbled upon The Menstrual Meat Squatter thread. :pink-shock: I'm terrified of even starting another family thread for fear of what I may find. I may need to suck it up and start on some of the recommendations. I keep telling myself some of the other families couldn't possibly be any more off-putting than the squatter.

The Menstrual Meat Squatter is Fundie something- not sure exactly what, but I err on the side of Fundamentally Batshit Crazy! She's not even in the same realm, or even galaxy, of the others we love to snark about. For me, reading her blog, which I admit, I could only stomach so much before I had to stop reading- was like watching a horror movie. And I hate horror movies more than any other movie genre.

I REALLY miss Life in a Shoe. It wasn't just my first fundie blog. It was my first blog ever. I have no idea how I originally stumbled upon it but when I started reading they (only) had seven kids. Now I believe they're up to twelve. I enjoyed Kim's lenghty and nearly daily blog posts. It was like reading a novel - I couldn't wait for the next chapter! LiaS is actually what brought me to FJ. I was searching for information on the family because I missed reading the blog!

I came here about the time of Razing Ruth. I'm not sure whether it was her (although technically she wasn't a fundie - just a scammer pretending to be a fundie) but it could have been the Duggars that brought me here too. And they are certainly providing the entertainment these days.

I suggest reading about others. There is some weird stuff but not like that. :)

I miss Life in a Shoe, too. Kim still posts on Facebook occasionally, but it's not the same! I think her baby days are probably over, though she may have one more surprise.

The trainwreck that was Emily and Dna... they were such great gateway fundies, and that's when I first came across FJ, though I didn't start lurking regularly until after the rapture. I followed the whole Razing Ruth unmasking here, too, and also on the truth-about-ruth site that got transferred and is defunct now.

I had forgotten the Beasley fiasco, so thanks for the nudge -- down the rabbit hole I went again two nights ago. Today I looked at the Muellers, who don't get talked about very much but the eldest daughter is married to a Waller -- muellermice.blogspot.com/ -- weirdly anthropomorphic for fundies :lol:

Didn't discover the Rodrigues family until I finally registered in March. Holy smokes, they give Emily and Dna a run for their money.

The Arby's proposal will always be my favorite fundie story. I found the site a couple years ago looking for Doug/vision forum stuff and got sucked in! But Arby's proposal will always top my chart.

We mustn't forget That Wife with Bathroom Baby and the cheese under lock and key.

Last I checked, That Wife ended up deciding she no longer believes in Mormonism. I don't know if that helped tone down some of her other oddities, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Autumn, the girl who was engaged/married at 15 or 16 after a courtship. It turned out her husband was an abusive asshole. Her family let her come back home and she divorced him, even though her church was telling her to stay with him and that all husbands treat their wives like that (seriously - he was choking her, pinning her to walls, threatening her with a gun, not to mention the extreme emotional abuse going on as well). I'm pretty sure they left that church and lost a lot of friends, but the family supported Autumn. The family as a whole seems to have become a lot less fundie. Autumn ended up moving away from home, going to college,getting a boyfriend, breaking up with him, getting a job, etc. Last time I checked she seemed to be pretty happy and leading an interesting and fulfilling life, so it's kind of a tragic tale with a happy ending.

I have a ton of respect for Autumn and her family. She had the courage to leave her husband even though she was being pressured not to, and her family loved her enough to protect her regardless of what anyone else thought. That is awesome, and I wish every girl in fundiedom had a family who loved her more than they love looking like perfect Christians.

AnnoDomini/BrightCircle/Notetc....She kept coming back. She might still be among us, for all we know. So weird and yet I've forgotten most of her craziness, to be honest.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4917

The thread that started it all.

Oh, and that woman who lived in a trailer and sewed costumes and did a really crappy job...who was that? Aria something?

Last I checked, That Wife ended up deciding she no longer believes in Mormonism. I don't know if that helped tone down some of her other oddities, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

WHOA. Totally missed that. Looking through the blog now and see she posted this summer about it.

Archived