IGNORED

Harry Potter Convo From the Josh Thread

HarryPotterFan

I'm so glad so many other people share my love of Harry Potter! I showed up at my Baptist college with my Harry Potter boxed set in hand. My freshman year roommate absolutely hated that I kept those "evil" books in our room. I just laughed. I also managed to convert quite a few people over to Harry Potter by the time I graduated college.

I've been thinking about who Priscilla would be in Harry Potter. For Priscilla I was thinking either Crabbe or Gogyle, (not the most intelligent people in the series). "Reading? I didn't know you could read!"

Priscilla= Pansy Parkinson

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, do we have a Yaxley or a Griphook yet? I feel like there are not enough HP villains to go around unless we just call them dementor #1, dementor #2, ect.

It is hilarious how the talk died the moment HA moved the thread. :cracking-up:

It's bugged me since VR put out the first of the great Harry Potter/Fundy Fuckers mash up: We don't have Harry, Hermoine, Ron or Draco.

HPFan said she had an idea for who she thinks Draco is, I'd love to hear that. I hope someday there'll be a real Harry, Hermoine and Ron to save the Fundamentalist World from itself.

It is hilarious how the talk died the moment HA moved the thread. :cracking-up:

It's bugged me since VR put out the first of the great Harry Potter/Fundy Fuckers mash up: We don't have Harry, Hermoine, Ron or Draco.

HPFan said she had an idea for who she thinks Draco is, I'd love to hear that. I hope someday there'll be a real Harry, Hermoine and Ron to save the Fundamentalist World from itself.

I don't know who she thinks Draco is, but I hear every post of hers in Draco's voice which cracks me up.

Her post that started it all talked about how the Malfoys loved their child far more than the Kellers seem to love theirs and I thought of something else when I was driving home today. It's not just against the others that's they'd protect Draco.

If Lucius posed a threat to Draco Narcissa would sectumsempra his ass without hesitation. Show me one of these helpmeets who would put the best interest of their babies over thier shitlord headships.

I'm coming close to 30 this year and attended a Christian school where we had a graduating class of 6! Obviously Harry Potter and disney and secular rock ( even some Christian rock, which was worse-tricky Satan!) were all ways for satan to steal our souls. Going on to secular college a lot of people teased me and made me wonder if it wasn't all that bad...

Now I have time to read them but I'm not sure they would be as entertaining. Are they worth a read still? Is it one book or several?

I'm coming close to 30 this year and attended a Christian school where we had a graduating class of 6! Obviously Harry Potter and disney and secular rock ( even some Christian rock, which was worse-tricky Satan!) were all ways for satan to steal our souls. Going on to secular college a lot of people teased me and made me wonder if it wasn't all that bad...

Now I have time to read them but I'm not sure they would be as entertaining. Are they worth a read still? Is it one book or several?

YES! YES! YES! (You do realise this is a Harry Potter fan thread for the most part?)

The books are amazing - there are 7 of them in all, and they get not just longer but more complex as the series goes on. Harry and his contemporaries mature from book to book, and many people grew up with them.

I came to them as an adult, and still absolutely love them, and have reread them several times. As mentioned earlier, even the smallest incident may have a later importance; the plotting of the books is intricately managed.

Go read them! I envy you discovering them for the first time......

I was 4 or 5 when the first movie came out. And 11 or 12 when i read the last book. I grew with harry, hermione, and ron. And after a few years i have decided to read them again. I can only say that is the only thing that is helping me out after a terrible depression (happy memories, i think). They are great. Please, read them, you will enjoy it, even as an adult. In a month or two you could have read the whole series

I've spent the last full week getting caught up on all threads Joshley Madison, so I haven't fully read this one yet, but I wanted to leave this YouTube video I thought was interesting.

It's a deleted scene of Sybil Trelawney in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It takes place during Dumbledore's welcome speech at the beginning of the film, and shows Trelawney behaving very oddly, even for her.

Emma Thompson looks like she's having a blast here. :lol:

youtube.com/watch?v=zekmNPZJGII

JillR's husband David should be Crabbe/Goyle

He is definitely the troll in the bathroom which is soooooooooooo ironic being how much Jill freaked out about a trans woman in the restroom at IHOP in May, 2015.

Wikia_HP_-_Mountain_Troll.png

• 2 weeks later...

Josh Duggar's HP name is Buckbeak.

He picked it himself.

"I am the biggest Hippogriff ever..." ;)

So...I was looking at the names of people involved in the Duggar scandal in order to play the Harry Potter game… And I discovered some weird things… Look at this:

Danica Dillon

Dan Dillard

Dan Keller

Dillon King

3 variations of 'Dan'. 2 DDs. 2 DKs. 3 Dills. Soooo... Maybe they are all made up names because this is fake reality?!? Like The Truman Show! I'm (mostly) kidding... But look at Gil Bates. The writers were like, "hmmm...we need this guy to be the opposite of Bill Gates. I know - let's call him Gil Bates!!"

That is all... Btw... Long time blahblah first time yada.

Josh Duggar's HP name is Buckbeak.

He picked it himself.

"I am the biggest Hippogriff ever..." ;)

So...I was looking at the names of people involved in the Duggar scandal in order to play the Harry Potter game… And I discovered some weird things… Look at this:

Danica Dillon

Dan Dillard

Dan Keller

Dillon King

3 variations of 'Dan'. 2 DDs. 2 DKs. 3 Dills. Soooo... Maybe they are all made up names because this is fake reality?!? Like The Truman Show! I'm (mostly) kidding... But look at Gil Bates. The writers were like, "hmmm...we need this guy to be the opposite of Bill Gates. I know - let's call him Gil Bates!!"

That is all... Btw... Long time blahblah first time yada.

So glad i am not the only one who thought that about Gil Bates :lol:

But has dan dillard said anything lately?

• 2 weeks later...

Coming out of lurkerdom to see if there are any Starkids on this thread. For those that don't know, a group of U Mich alumni known collectively as Team Starkid has done several HP parody musicals that are pretty much the greatest thing ever.

Coming out of lurkerdom to see if there are any Starkids on this thread. For those that don't know, a group of U Mich alumni known collectively as Team Starkid has done several HP parody musicals that are pretty much the greatest thing ever.

You mean that one darren chris sterred in? The dragon song is fucking magical

Now apart from the time I spend on FJ, I have "A Very Potter Musical" open and watch it in ongoing segments....

Now apart from the time I spend on FJ, I have "A Very Potter Musical" open and watch it in ongoing segments....

That sounds like a fantastic idea. There goes the rest of my afternoon. But I have no regrets. None.

Archived