IGNORED

Harry Potter Convo From the Josh Thread

HarryPotterFan

I took a break for one day ONE DAY and I had to start at the beginning and figure out wtf was going on with my beloved Harry Potter talk. Perhaps the best thing I've read online this year. HP4E!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe escaped fundies? Like Alecia Pennington/Cynthia Jeub?

i could get on with that. luna is my homegirl cuz she's so much like me :P (even though she's ravenclaw)

This thread just keeps getting better and better. Whoever first brought HP into this - you are my personal hero!

I'll have to make the additions when I'm not on my phone, but here are the ones I've seen not already listed:

Rita Skeeter - Pickles (no explanation necessary)

Cho Chang - Marjorie Jackson (Had a famous boy for a hot sec and lost heart pieces because of it; also, they both have fabulous hair)

Dennis and Colin Creevey - Howlers with cameras! (:lol:)

Morfin Gaunt - Pissing Preacher (both are insane. Or something.)

The Portrait of Mrs. Black - Zsu Zsu (someone mentioned this a while ago and I almost died laughing)

Luna Lovegood - Alecia Pennington (now has her own awesome style and was smart enough to get out - worthy of Ravenclaw)

If I remember correctly, there WERE "good" Slytherins -- Harry was almost a Slytherin, after all.

However, you've a good point. Maybe the youngins are waiting for their letters? Waiting to be sorted?

I was actually sorted into Slytherin. :lol: I have no issue saying the kids are potential future Slytherins/Death Eaters. With their upbringings they don't have much of a chance to see other viewpoints - Slytherin is notorious for taking a certain type of student and that prevents most of them from seeing other view points.

Cynthia Jeub is TOTALLY Luna Lovegood! Her blog is full of her awesome, philosophical posts... much like I'd imagine Luna's would be!

Maybe escaped fundies? Like Alecia Pennington/Cynthia Jeub?

When I saw this question, I immediately thought of Alicia Pennington. Luna is nice, she is kind and thoughtful, but she walks to the beat of a different drum... just like Alecia/Cynthia...

I was actually sorted into Slytherin. :lol: I have no issue saying the kids are potential future Slytherins/Death Eaters. With their upbringings they don't have much of a chance to see other viewpoints - Slytherin is notorious for taking a certain type of student and that prevents most of them from seeing other view points.

I see the younger kids more as house-elves needing a Hermione to SPEW them out of bondage

and for me Jessa is Moaning Myrtle

The funny thing is that now I am actually following this thread for the Fundie Potter list and not for Joshley...

Bravo VelociRapture!!

ETA: that I am a proud Hufflepuff.

Michelle is Bellatrix Lestrange, and JB Duggar is Barty Crouch jr. Josh is Peter Pettigrew. Steven Anderson fits the role of filthy werewolf Fenrir perfectly. Zsu – Zsu is portrait of Mrs. Black. Bateses are Malfoys. Lisa Pennington and Erica Shupe are both Umbridge. David Waller is Nagini. Freejinger is Dumbledore’s army, of course.

Yikes. I did not want to post anything until I had the time to get myself a cool pic. Jim Bob might be Barty Crouch but Michelle is not Bellatrix. NOT. :evil:

hey now, that's an insult to slytherins like myself! merlin was a slytherin, you know ;)

Brown coat, you have no idea how many times I've wondered about your user name. Is it Brown Coats Ly Therin? Is it Brown Coat Sly Therin? What does it mmmeeeaaaannn? And now I know, thank you. :)

Obviously, I have never read Harry Potter - I should maybe get on that so I can join the fun here.

Brown coat, you have no idea how many times I've wondered about your user name. Is it Brown Coats Ly Therin? Is it Brown Coat Sly Therin? What does it mmmeeeaaaannn? And now I know, thank you. :)

Obviously, I have never read Harry Potter - I should maybe get on that so I can join the fun here.

I am also HP deficient- It's like sitting in on an advanced calculus class.

Jim Bob might be Barty Crouch but Michelle is not Bellatrix. NOT.

Bellatrix is tough for me. What fundie woman has that much unfettered energy and agency?

Bellatrix is tough for me. What fundie woman has that much unfettered energy and agency?

zsucifer

However, I think that if you apply yourself, you will find that it is much more enjoyable getting up to speed on Harry Potter than grasping advanced calculus :dance:

lol same here!

I thought I posted this but I think the computer ate it.

The Lost Girls = The Invisibility Cloak... not really ever seen or heard

You Harry Potter deficient people hurt my soul! :lol:

Try dating one ;)

(Seriously, my boyfriend has only read the first one. I loaned him my copy of Chamber of Secrets and still just sitting on his desk. That man, I swear :cry: )

Try dating one ;)

(Seriously, my boyfriend has only read the first one. I loaned him my copy of Chamber of Secrets and still just sitting on his desk. That man, I swear :cry: )

Try audiobooks! They still get the story but they can move around/lay about/drive wherever while listening. Worth a shot!

Try audiobooks! They still get the story but they can move around/lay about while listening. Worth a shot!

Yesss. Jim Dale is the bomb narrator. I borrowed the audiobooks (discs) from the library and burned them into my iTunes library to listen to when I need to visit my wizard friends. [emoji4]

Yesss. Jim Dale is the bomb narrator. I borrowed the audiobooks (discs) from the library and burned them into my iTunes library to listen to when I need to visit my wizard friends. [emoji4]

I disagree. I found Stephan Fry's reading to be a thousand times better. Jim Dale puts me to sleep. Shame the only way I can get the Stephan Fry audiobooks is through illegal downloads, as I can't seem to actually buy them in the US.

Try dating one ;)

Deal breaker! Haha. I met a hot guy who said he stopped after the fourth book even though he knew there were two more after. Boy doesn't even know how many books there are. That killed my attraction :lol:

I disagree. I found Stephan Fry's reading to be a thousand times better. Jim Dale puts me to sleep. Shame the only way I can get the Stephan Fry audiobooks is through illegal downloads, as I can't seem to actually buy them in the US.

I've never listened to another one so have no opinion about the other fella. Had no idea there was another one! I'm sure he's great, though.

O Great Scaly One,

I humbly submit a suggestion for the Pissing Preacher and / or Zsu. I am trying to think of HP characters that match but you might come up with one more quickly.

Also Steve Maxwell?

Your Humble Servant,

NKM

I would like to nominate Cynthia Jeub as maybe Luna Lovegood.

Archived