IGNORED

Michael Pearl on the Duggars and maybe Bill Gothard

hoipolloi

I guess it's OK if the molester isn't "an older gentleman?" :shrug:

nogreaterjoy.org/articles/becoming-a-bear/

Or maybe it's OK if it's someone else's kid(s).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the Duggars recommended the Pearls' materials, and included them in their Amazon Blitz sale:

https://web.archive.org/web/20141020015 ... azon_blitz

Pearls’ reaction to the above, referring to "our friends, the Duggars" (of course, he could have been more full of shit in claiming them as friends at that time than in denying he knows them now -- never can tell, with Pearl):

http://i.imgur.com/8Eibyd9.png

I guess the Duggars never used Debi Pearl's Yell and Tell books. :shrug:

Oh, and I seem to have caught Pearl in another lie -- those books say kids should report molestation by a slightly older kid! You can even download the illustrations and color them in. :shock:

Check out pg. 9 in Sara Sue:

yellandtellbooks.com/color-sara-sue/

Also, pp. 4, 5, & 6 in Samuel:

yellandtellbooks.com/color-samuel/

And yet here is the standard, Pearl sets for any young men who want to pursue a relationship with the girls in his family:

nogreaterjoy.org/articles/a-husband-for-laura-rose/

So no one should criticize Josh for molesting his sisters, he's forgiven, NBD, everybody dones it.

But a man who has glanced at a picture of a scantily clad/naked woman, or who had seen a few G-rated movies, is permanently tainted and not good enough for his granddaughter.

What is this creep doing dictating who can or cannot marry his grand-daughter? I thought the girl's headship (according to their religion) would be her father, not her grandfather.

Depending on the patriarch, as long as Dad is alive, even his married adult sons are supposed to more or less obey him.

(Don't you expect that Steve Maxwell adheres to this?)

wait, she was a NEWBORN when he wrote that???

ick ick ick!

So he is holding his newborn granddaughter, and daydreaming about her losing her virginity on her wedding night. In the same article he mentions molestation happens in 50% of families. You don't say.

Is this the guy that put his hand over his newborn daughter's ovaries and prayed over all of her eggs to bless her future children, or something? If so, he has way too much of a fetish about baby girls' reproductive organs and virginity.

Is this the guy that put his hand over his newborn daughter's ovaries and prayed over all of her eggs to bless her future children, or something? If so, he has way too much of a fetish about baby girls' reproductive organs and virginity.

No, that was Geoff Botkin and those ovaries have yet to produce any future children because neither SAHD has married.

No, that was Geoff Botkin and those ovaries have yet to produce any future children because neither SAHD has married.

When I read that I literally pictured a creepy cultish ceremony with people surrounding the baby and Geoff placing his hands where he thinks the ovaries are and chanting.

I struggle with this. Fundies act like God is some kind of cosmic vending machine where you say the right kind of prayers and do certain things your prayers are granted. I don't think it works that way.

That prayer sounds like the menstrual voodoo that Warren Jeffs tried to cast over one of his child brides as she miscarried. Like any of them actually know what goes on in a woman’s body. I'm pretty sure it's "God's holy penis goes in, blessing comes out" in their minds.

Oh my. So many crazies to learn about. :wtf:

Seriously, in what sort of deranged world does a grown man look at an infant girl and think about her virginity?

Rather than hope and pray his granddaughter grows to be a happy, healthy child and eventually young woman, "Big Papa" is listing requirements for her husband?

I just. I just. Can't.

This screams: "Michael Pearl Scandal, Coming to a Newspaper Near You!"

It's just a matter of time.

Also, Michael and Debbi and flat.out.liars. That is all.

I have no doubt that there's more than just three children, beaten to death, in their wake.

I'm horrified by the potential possible evils that will come out.

I know the Duggars recommended the Pearls' materials, and included them in their Amazon Blitz sale:

https://web.archive.org/web/20141020015 ... azon_blitz

Pearls’ reaction to the above, referring to "our friends, the Duggars" (of course, he could have been more full of shit in claiming them as friends at that time than in denying he knows them now -- never can tell, with Pearl):

http://i.imgur.com/8Eibyd9.png

I guess the Duggars never used Debi Pearl's Yell and Tell books. :shrug:

Oh, and I seem to have caught Pearl in another lie -- those books say kids should report molestation by a slightly older kid! You can even download the illustrations and color them in. :shock:

Check out pg. 9 in Sara Sue:

yellandtellbooks.com/color-sara-sue/

Also, pp. 4, 5, & 6 in Samuel:

yellandtellbooks.com/color-samuel/

Oh hi, research content for free! (The Yell and Tell coloring pages.)

50% of families??????? That is horrifying if that is a reality for the families the Pearls know. It doesn't surprise me though, beating kids to be completely submissive to authority is making them the perfect molestation victims.

I cant wait for Michael Pearl to have a sex scandal. He looks like the kind of person who will be into something depraved. He reminds me of some kind of creepy hermit who hasn't seen another human being in years and is very fond of his sheep.

I cant wait for Michael Pearl to have a sex scandal. He looks like the kind of person who will be into something depraved. He reminds me of some kind of creepy hermit who hasn't seen another human being in years and is very fond of his sheep.

Because he's a good sheppard don't ya know :roll: He just wants his flock to be so...safe...and...pure...and he guards them with his...staff...

Hey, a sheppard's staff has a bend in the end! ~skulks away~

Because he's a good sheppard don't ya know :roll: He just wants his flock to be so...safe...and...pure...and he guards them with his...staff...

Hey, a sheppard's staff has a bend in the end! ~skulks away~

Michael Pearl being into sheep is not out of the realm of comprehension (to me).

Michael Pearl being into sheep is not out of the realm of comprehension (to me).

Well, just think of those sheep, in the spring, after they are sheared and are running around naked. Those four legged sluts. You know they are just asking for it........

50% of families??????? That is horrifying if that is a reality for the families the Pearls know. It doesn't surprise me though, beating kids to be completely submissive to authority is making them the perfect molestation victims.

Well, Jill Duggar said it was two-thirds of families. I don't know her source on that, but I assume it's from somewhere in the Gothard/IBLP/ATI world. And JB and DQ certainly seem to think it's really common. It makes me think maybe it is much more prevalent in their world. These kids literally have no outlet for sexual curiosity---no hiding in the back of the library with a book you know your parents wouldn't approve of, no National Geographics in the garage, certainly not the internet. They don't even see members of the opposite sex at school. All that repression, being taught that having sexual thoughts is a sin, it's going to burst out somewhere. It wouldn't surprise me if 50% or two-thirds is an accurate percentage for their world.

I don't know what the percentage is in the U.S. overall; this story (www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/did- ... on-problem) suggests it's 2.3%. Maybe our social workers have info on this.

But if those numbers are accurate, that's an astonishing difference. Of course, like everything else with these people, they would never even entertain the thought that maybe their way is not the best way or that their way is downright harmful. Any studies that don't sport their way will be dismissed as inaccurate, biased, ungodly and Christian persecution.

I know it's a common phenomenon, but it never cease to amaze me when pepole dismiss all facts that don't support their opinion.

Well, just think of those sheep, in the spring, after they are sheared and are running around naked. Those four legged sluts. You know they are just asking for it........

Secular and ecclesiastical records from Protestant and Catholic countries in the medieval and early modern periods (including Puritan New England ) suggest that bestiality was/is a very common offense in agrarian societies. Since these Christian patriarchal types are into homesteading and agrarianism, who knows what they're up to. :shifty-kitty: Of course, since they don't seem too concerned about the sexual abuse of children, I doubt they care about the sexual abuse of animals. :mouse-shock:

Yes, anyone who is so obsessed with others' sex lives, and has been so for DECADES, clearly has major problems. It's only a matter of time.

One wonders why Rebekah & her "husband" Gabe Anast dropped off the NGJ radar. They don't seem to have had anything new published in the magazine for some years nor have they been mentioned in any of the magazine's article. Mind you, the Anasts have their own special brand of wack but it's interesting they've all but disappeared from view at NGJ, except old, recycled stuff.

Also, looking at the "meet the Pearls" page (nogreaterjoy.org/about-us/meet-the-pearls/), there are some fairly recent changes, or lack thereof, worth noting :

(1) No updates at all for the Anasts -- that information has stayed the same for at least 3-4 years now

(2) Gabriel's write-up has changed. No mention of Gabriel's wife Lori or their (at last report) three kids. Here's a cached version of their blurb (http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Gabriel-Pearl/1791868453) which appears to have been replaced by the one mentioning only Gabriel:

Here's the write-up now:

(3) Nathan Pearl & his family moved to Kauai last year to open a roofing supply business. Pretty far away from Tennessee although Mike & Debi visited them earlier this year and spewed their filth on the local community (nogreaterjoy.org/2015/07/27/hawaii-ministry-recap/).

(4) Shalom now has 5 kids, still with her "husband" Justin Brand, and living near Mike & Debi. Looks like they spend a lot of time helping Mike & Debi with logistics.

(5) Shoshanna still has two kids, still with her "husband" James, and living near Mike & Debi.

Haven't done a search but it looks like that only Shalom & Shoshanna are still actively involved with NGJ, including writing for the magazine.

Just curious -- why do you put "husband" in quotes?

And is there some "official" source of that 50% molestation figure? (No wonder the ATI mom I was talking with didn't seem fazed at the idea of molestation, and gave me the impression that it was common in all families, and that's why ATI-style sex ed is the best of a bad lot.)

Just curious -- why do you put "husband" in quotes?

Because none of the Pearls' daughters got state marriage licenses at the time of their weddings (nogreaterjoy.org/articles/the-wedding/) so they are not legally married:

None of my daughters or their husbands asked the state of Tennessee for permission to marry. They did not yoke themselves to government. It was a personal, private covenant, binding them together forever—until death. So when the sodomites have come to share in the state marriage licenses, which will eventually be the law, James and Shoshanna will not be in league with those perverts. And, while I am on the subject, there will come a time when faithful Christians will either revoke their state marriage licenses and establish an exclusively one man-one woman covenant of marriage, or, they will forfeit the sanctity of their covenant by being unequally yoked together with perverts. The sooner there is such a movement, the sooner we will have a voice in government. Some of you attorneys and statesmen reading this should get together and come up with an approach that will have credibility and help to impact the political process. Please contact me when you do and I will assist with publicity.

Michael Pearl

Don't know what the sons did but, AFAIK as well, none of them are living in states where common-law marriage is recognized: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common-la ... ted_States.

And is there some "official" source of that 50% molestation figure? (No wonder the ATI mom I was talking with didn't seem fazed at the idea of molestation, and gave me the impression that it was common in all families, and that's why ATI-style sex ed is the best of a bad lot.)

Thought it was clear from this thread that *Michael Pearl* is the "source" of the 50% figure. He doesn't provide a citation in this article or elsewhere that I recall but he sure does love to talk about it.

It chills to me think that this may actually reflect what goes on his twisted fundie world although it's hard to believe that 50% is anywhere near a true figure. 10-15% -- possibly, especially where there are families with many children who are living in isolation.

So basically if their other half is injured, sick, or dies they're screwed. Wtf is wrong with these fools! I keep thinking fundie land can't get worse but it gets worse.

Archived