IGNORED

If You Could Say Anything to Anna, What Would it be?

DaysAgo

I have nothing important to add right now. I just wanted to say I laughed so fucking hard at your username just now - love it! :lol:

I thank you and Jesus thanks you. :D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hypothetically speaking, I'd let her know that it's not her fault that her husband cheated on her and that she has the option to leave him if she really wanted to. The decision to leave would have to be hers alone, but my opinion is that she'll never leave because she's been brainwashed to the point where even when other Christians say she could divorce when the sin of adultery is committed, divorce isn't an option in the Gothard cult.

Though this would never happen, I would tell Anna that she should leave her husband and leave the cult. Get a ghost writer to help with a tell-all book, become a celebrity on the talk-show circuit, help other women in the same situation. Find a man who will cherish you and treat you with respect. Despite what you have been raised to believe, there is a wonderful world outside of the cult. You deserve to be happy. Join us in the real world....it's great out here!

Even if you feel that you cannot leave and break up your family, please consider the use of BC or perhaps sterilization. You have 4 beautiful, healthy children and no visible means of financial support beyond the Jim Bob Duggar ties that currently bind and in the future, will strangle you.

Staying is one thing. Continuing to follow the Gothard Farce is not in your best interest.

Good Luck.

I would ask her to flash forward about 20 years and imagine one of her girls were getting married. I'd ask her what type of man she would want them to marry. Then I'd tell her she deserved that as well. I'd ask her what she would tell her daughter if she ended up in a similar situation. I'd remind her that all her kids are watching and learning from their relationship.

OT and pease no one throw a fit if this has been mentioned already in the Jill Rodrigues thread, but in her last blog post she talks about how Sophia and Anna's Meredith were born one day apart. She says that Meredith's birthday is July 16th. As far as everyone else is concerned, Meredith was born on my birthday, July 19th. Is Jill Rodrigues just a dipshit or was Meredith actually born on the 16th....?

Anything I could say has already been said on this thread, but what I would like to do is somehow sneak a cheapie flip phone with a lot of minutes to her so that she could make her escape a la Katie Holmes. Unfortunately she has a lot more people guarding her than Tom Cruise had keeping their eyes on Katie.

Anybody else see this open letter from a Georgia mom on the Daily Mail? I hate to link to them because they do the world's least competent reporting, but I thought this was pretty good. It's not really an open letter to Anna -- it's an open letter to the rest of us.

If she isn't on FJ already, we should extend her an invitation :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -fire.html

Archived