IGNORED

Deanna Coghlan’s New Boyfriend

DomWackTroll

CONFIRMED: Perry and Kim’s eldest, divorced daughter is living “in sin†with a man, and the Coghlan's patriarchal, legalistic system has utterly FAILED and BACKFIRED.

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205513180964092&set=a.2040958138764.2104134.1088626555&type=3&theater

CONFIRMED: Perry and Kim’s eldest, divorced daughter is living “in sin†with a man, and the Coghlan's patriarchal, legalistic system has utterly FAILED and BACKFIRED.

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205513180964092&set=a.2040958138764.2104134.1088626555&type=3&theater

I delight in this; I am wicked. And her parents haven't even disowned her.

I delight in this; I am wicked. And her parents haven't even disowned her.

I, too, am gleeful that Perry and Kim are being embarrassed in front of all their VF friends. Deanna could be discreet about this, but she won't be. And I love it.

I, too, am gleeful that Perry and Kim are being embarrassed in front of all their VF friends. Deanna could be discreet about this, but she won't be. And I love it.

It sure is a far cry from the way some of the BCA families dealt with things.

I'm sure many of the VF people think the Coghlans deserve this because they "weren't discerning enough" about booze, rock 'n' roll, and letting their daughters drive/wear shorts/read fantasy novels.

I'm sure many of the VF people think the Coghlans deserve this because they "weren't discerning enough" about booze, rock 'n' roll, and letting their daughters drive/wear shorts/read fantasy novels.

And no BCA families had effeminate / gay boys? I can tell you one is considered a lot worse.

It would appear that Lydia has a boyfriend, too. Perry seems to approve slightly more of this one though, he worked for Samaritan "Ministries" and is friends with all the usual VF types.

And no BCA families had effeminate / gay boys? I can tell you one is considered a lot worse.

Oh, I'm sure they did. And I love that, too. Let the adults tear each other apart; the only ones I care about are the poor kids who suffer from this.

It sure is a far cry from the way some of the BCA families dealt with things.

I'm just curious - what did the other BCA families do?

I've also wondered (if you're able to share), how are the BCA folks coping now? The fall of VF is still sending huge ripples through my corner of the reformed fundyverse, but I can only imagine what it must have been like there.

I'm just curious - what did the other BCA families do?

I've also wondered (if you're able to share), how are the BCA folks coping now? The fall of VF is still sending huge ripples through my corner of the reformed fundyverse, but I can only imagine what it must have been like there.

Trying to figure out the best way to do something. Not sure if an anonymized story with only fictionalized names would be best, or what. There's plenty of subject matter, for sure, but there are lots of people I have no interest in hurting or shaming. The main purpose I would have would be to try and help them and others realize the level of deception (much of it self deception, too) we were under and how twisted things really were.

Trying to figure out the best way to do something. Not sure if an anonymized story with only fictionalized names would be best, or what. There's plenty of subject matter, for sure, but there are lots of people I have no interest in hurting or shaming. The main purpose I would have would be to try and help them and others realize the level of deception (much of it self deception, too) we were under and how twisted things really were.

This, I totally understand. I had a similar situation at my old church. There are lots of people in fundie circles that I love and care about, but the abuses of authority can be astounding there.

DWT - hang on, were some VF daughters forbidden from driving?? I can't drive but I'm in the UK, where there is at least public transport (though it is much more expensive than in the rest of Europe, ugh). In the car-centric US, not being allowed to drive is nuts and borderline abusive.

DWT - hang on, were some VF daughters forbidden from driving?? I can't drive but I'm in the UK, where there is at least public transport (though it is much more expensive than in the rest of Europe, ugh). In the car-centric US, not being allowed to drive is nuts and borderline abusive.

Not forbidden, but not encouraged. Several I know of had their drivers permits but not licenses. Of course that was NOT an across the board thing and that was probably less than half of the families. You would most likely see that in the more conservative families and where it was not a necessity. It was NOT an official policy deal. No one would have been in trouble for having the license. Pretty sure Lourdes had hers and could drive to the Phillips whenever she was needed to help as a nanny.

Not forbidden, but not encouraged. Several I know of had their drivers permits but not licenses. Of course that was NOT an across the board thing and that was probably less than half of the families. You would most likely see that in the more conservative families and where it was not a necessity. It was NOT an official policy deal. No one would have been in trouble for having the license. Pretty sure Lourdes had hers and could drive to the Phillips whenever she was needed to help as a nanny.

Right. It wasn't like there was an official VF ban on driving for daughters, but the vast majority of VF girls did not post pics to Facebook of themselves driving around alone while wearing denim cut-off shorts, with captions like (I'm paraphrasing), "Woo-hoo, cruising around in my hot new car!" I mean... It simply was not done. So, when Deanna did it, it was rather shocking.

When I was still in those circles, if I posted a pic of myself driving, it would have been, "Woo hoo! Look at me taking my brothers to music lessons in dad's beat-up minivan!"

When I was still in those circles, if I posted a pic of myself driving, it would have been, "Woo hoo! Look at me taking my brothers to music lessons in dad's beat-up minivan!"

Can't resist...

[bBvideo 560,340:10l0squd]

[/bBvideo]

Archived