IGNORED

Joshley Madison: 2 Sex Scandals and Counting

withaj

If this turns out to be true: one word: hypocrites.

What exactly is still "Christian" about Josh Duggar. Where are the "conservative values"?

It really frustrates me that they might kick Anna out, because she didn't monitor his internet access properly and obviously spaced sweet fellowship thus less kids (fundie logic, not mine)... she will be blamed in their community. And she will blame herself.

The statement for the broader public will either be non-existent or some kind of "we were hacked - evil gays" logic or "it was the start of an online ministry"...

If this turns out to be true they have lost any respect that still was left...

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone else feel like maybe Josh wanted to have sex with someone without worrying he was going to knock her up? You know, someone taking birth control and using condoms. I feel like he's so over wanting a ton of kids but Anna is still baby obsessed. Not trying to excuse the creep, just a thought I had.

The fundies blame Anna for not being sexy/available enough. You blame Anna because she won't use birth control.

:angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :angry-banghead:

So freaking sick of wives getting blamed for their husbands' jackwad tendencies. If Josh Duggar wanted to have worry-free sex, that's something he should have discussed with his wife. And yeah, if she wasn't down for it, then he should've gotten really cozy with Rosy Palm. What he shouldn't have done? Cheated. THIS IS NOT ANNA'S FAULT.

Someone on the first thread asked about whether other celebs have been caught yet. I agree that real celebs don't need AM, but find this interesting:

According to a couple of US News reports, the AM scandal is also hitting the military (a number of the emails were linked to active service men. Adultery in the military is a court=martial offense.

Also, the greatest area in the US for AM accounts: DC.

usnews.com/news/articles/2015/08/19/ashley-madison-using-troops-may-have-bonked-their-careers

and

usnews.com/news/articles/2015/08/19/ashley-madison-hackers-expose-thousands-of-government-workers?int=a14709

Smuggar, you've been busted and you can't hide behind a hack. You're just as awful as the others--arguably more so. If you're going to talk the talk, you'd better walk the walk.

Dear Benessa,

Please rain your fire and brimstone down upon your shitty family members who actually harm "traditional" marriage and not those who simply want to be treated equally.

For instance, Ben, you could take this recent little hissy fit/sermon:

And turn it into this:

You're welcome in advance Benessa!

Love always,

You're Scaly Master :D

Your revisions to Benessa are great, O great scaly One! :worship:

I can see JB and M excusing Josh because they weren't truly tied into ATI in his early childhood. They were using birth control and even sent him to kindergarten! It will reinforce their sheltering of the younger kids, not make them question it.

Just a comment from my 14 year old son who asked what i was reading (and yes he knows the previous story):

Why are you going after this guy who had a terrible upbringing, with awful believes? He doesn't know any better, was not thought any better. He is slaughtered but you don't know why he did what he did. I said something about what he was saying in public about moral values but he answered: what if he was trying not to lose his parents and family but sought a way out for his own feelings?

Not defending josh in any way or form but my son gave me something to think about. As much as we want the cult to stop, can we just character murder just this guy (how ever how awful is is what he did). He is the product of that cult but still a human being

Okay........... shoot now :roasting:

I agree with your son in regards to the Josh molestation scandal. What Josh did as a teen was WRONG, but it was really the fault of JB and Michelle for the environment they created and how they handled it. 15 year olds are very much products of their environment, which is why we don't assign them full adult responsibility for things.

But this is adult Josh. No matter WHERE you come from (and there are MANY people in the world who come from FAR WORSE environments than Josh), when you become an adult, you assume responsibility for your choices and you are expected to think critically. If you FAIL to think critically about your actions or understand the consequences, that is on you fully as an adult.

I understand your son's concerns about his family. I come from a Fundie-lite family, and one of the reasons I choose to be very private about my political beliefs is that I know my family and family friends would have serious issues with them. Josh could have done the same. He CHOSE to go into politics. That's on him.

It boils down to this:

Did Josh know that cheating was wrong? Yes. He has gone on record many times regarding monogamy and the sanctity of marriage.

Did Josh do this anyway? Yes.

Josh did something wrong that HE KNEW WAS WRONG. Not only that, he told OTHER PEOPLE that they were sullying the sanctity of marriage, knowing full well that the one REALLY disrespecting marriage was him. He is a cheater. He is a liar. He is a hypocrite. There's really no excuse for his behavior this time.

What time will Jinger and Jana speak today? I'm wondering if it will be cancelled to prevent them from having to field questions about Joshy and the wandering hands before Boob and J'chelle issue an official statement.

I see this speaking engagement as their chance to break away. Sort of like seeking political asylum.

Maybe some fundie-lite person at the convention will offer to give them refuge.

The fundies blame Anna for not being sexy/available enough. You blame Anna because she won't use birth control.

:angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :angry-banghead:

So freaking sick of wives getting blamed for their husbands' jackwad tendencies. If Josh Duggar wanted to have worry-free sex, that's something he should have discussed with his wife. And yeah, if she wasn't down for it, then he should've gotten really cozy with Rosy Palm. What he shouldn't have done? Cheated. THIS IS NOT ANNA'S FAULT.

AMEN! Josh is an arrogant scumbag. Simple as that.

Did anyone else notice on the OK Cupid account that seems to match Josh's information, there was this question: "Do you feel there are any circumstances in which a person is obligated to have sex with you?"

His answer was YES.

He's probably thinking of Anna.There is no such thing as marital rape in their world.

But not a way to endear yourself to a potential "date". Unless she's into that kind of thing.

Shows how oblivious this clown is.

I can see JB and M excusing Josh because they weren't truly tied into ATI in his early childhood. They were using birth control and even sent him to kindergarten! It will reinforce their sheltering of the younger kids, not make them question it.

To the bolded: I know that's the rumor on FJ, but I'm pretty sure he's been homeschooled since Day 1. I distinctly remember in their first book that M was so excited to start homeschooling, she started teaching Josh at 4.

I noticed the Today show and some more mainstream gossip sites aren't running with this story. Anyone know why?

probably because the duggars were longtime darlings of the today show and presumably other places as well.

I noticed the Today show and some more mainstream gossip sites aren't running with this story. Anyone know why?

Because there has been some strong evidence that some people's emails were used to set up accounts by other people. And because publicizing this any more than necessary is potentially compromising people's sensitive financial data (even though those records, afaik, can only be accessed through tor). And because some of the sites promising info are actually phishing.

AMEN! Josh is an arrogant scumbag. Simple as that.

:( I feel sorry for Anna, she is going through a lot

probably because the duggars were longtime darlings of the today show and presumably other places as well.

Agreed, but that ship has sailed. I watched GMA this morning and there was no mention, which I thought was weird.

Serious question: Do you really think the media has any loyalty towards them or anyone else? Or is it just a matter of winding up with egg on their faces?

Because there has been some strong evidence that some people's emails were used to set up accounts by other people. And because publicizing this any more than necessary is potentially compromising people's sensitive financial data (even though those records, afaik, can only be accessed through tor). And because some of the sites promising info are actually phishing.

i understand that point, however just want to be clear that that is not the case with josh...he was actually smart enough to use a throwaway e-mail, it was his cc that tripped him up.

honestly, the e-mails i wouldn't give much credence to, as anyone could have used them. but cc payments going on for two years under his name and the addresses he was living at...different story entirely.

I agree with your son in regards to the Josh molestation scandal. What Josh did as a teen was WRONG, but it was really the fault of JB and Michelle for the environment they created and how they handled it. 15 year olds are very much products of their environment, which is why we don't assign them full adult responsibility for things.

But this is adult Josh. No matter WHERE you come from (and there are MANY people in the world who come from FAR WORSE environments than Josh), when you become an adult, you assume responsibility for your choices and you are expected to think critically. If you FAIL to think critically about your actions or understand the consequences, that is on you fully as an adult.

I understand your son's concerns about his family. I come from a Fundie-lite family, and one of the reasons I choose to be very private about my political beliefs is that I know my family and family friends would have serious issues with them. Josh could have done the same. He CHOSE to go into politics. That's on him.

It boils down to this:

Did Josh know that cheating was wrong? Yes. He has gone on record many times regarding monogamy and the sanctity of marriage.

Did Josh do this anyway? Yes.

Josh did something wrong that HE KNEW WAS WRONG. Not only that, he told OTHER PEOPLE that they were sullying the sanctity of marriage, knowing full well that the one REALLY disrespecting marriage was him. He is a cheater. He is a liar. He is a hypocrite. There's really no excuse for his behavior this time.

Yes, THIS.

Here's the thing-- more than one person can be wrong in this scenario.

Did Michelle and JB screw up by teaching their son that he was entitled to sex, by teaching him that he was better than everyone else because of his religion, and by pressuring him to get married young (quite likely before he was really ready)? Hell yes.

But Josh is a fucking grown-ass adult. He is entirely responsible for his decision to cheat on his wife. No one forced him to make that Ashley Madison account. And, in fact, it was something his upbringing forbade, so it's not like it was still cult-brainwashing making him do what he did.

Serious question: Do you really think the media has any loyalty towards them or anyone else? Or is it just a matter of winding up with egg on their faces?

I dont think that they have any loyalty, its just that the Duggars arent that important. They only have a few minutes for "celebrity" gossip and wasting that on Josh really doesnt get that much. When they finish digesting the data dump I expect to see a more in depth expose on who was "outed" by the whole thing, but its just not breakfast news.

there's always some bias in the media. i have no doubt that media outlets that were friendly to the duggars are more slow to cover this recent development.

I suspect they are chomping at the bit to start reporting on it, but being the big wig media players I'm sure they're waiting for more confirmation so they don't end up having to apologize for falsely accusing Josh IF it turns out to be a fake account or hoax. But I'm sure soon enough...

I see this speaking engagement as their chance to break away. Sort of like seeking political asylum.

Maybe some fundie-lite person at the convention will offer to give them refuge.

I know, right? If only there were an Embassy for the Sane they could defect to.

I might hope there is some sort of believe that you don't sacrifice one man and his wife AND their children but hey, i am what they call here here a heaven bicycler (someone who what ever sees something good :embarrassed: )

Archived