IGNORED

I think some of the Duggar kids WILL leave sooner or later

Coldwinterskies

I think that was Josh's toast to Jerrick at Jill's wedding.

WTF - Congratulations on your marriage, you spent our child hood being a big tattle?

I would go ape on a sibling who did that, so would my parents and everyone I know.

I knew he was a (criminal) :music-tool: but if that was him, I hope he got in epic trouble behind the scenes, I doubt it, but I can only hope. :angry-banghead: :pull-hair:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thought of a parent child proofing a 25 year olds' iPhone is something my mind won't even try to comprehend. JD has a job, a house and spends time alone. Why not get his own phone?

I haven't read ahead, so I don't know if someone answered this, but JB did specify that some of his boys had more than the flip phone of shame. I think JD was one of the ones who had a smartphone. I just don't see him being big on instagram and other social media accounts. At least, not under his own name.

I haven't read ahead, so I don't know if someone answered this, but JB did specify that some of his boys had more than the flip phone of shame. I think JD was one of the ones who had a smartphone. I just don't see him being big on instagram and other social media accounts. At least, not under his own name.

Dude pilots a plane. I suspect he needs one for work. I never thought I'd want or need one, but now it's as much attached to me as my kids' phones are to them. Much to my employer's delight.

As for social media, he doesn't strike me as the type to much care about it, but I can totally see him having something under a fake name just to keep up with friends, even if he doesn't post much or at all.

I wonder about the three oldest boys' relationship with Josh too. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Josiah seemed to kind of idolize Josh when he was a kid, but then when he grew older they were never together. He's one I can see being furious at Josh because he was probably too young to understand the molesting going on and we all know none of them saw Joshleygate coming.

JD has no personality, he's hard to read. He probably just shows up at the TTH to eat, then leaves again.

Joe also doesn't have much of a personality, other than he seems to be very close with Jinger. So Maybe he's angry over the rehashing of Josh's molestation because of her? I don't know.

For me, JD and Joe have always come across as two kids least interested in the dog and pony show nonsense. But I think Joe has some personality hiding under there, especially if the talk about him and Tori Bates liking each other have merit. She's no shrinking violet.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the general consensus is this is Jim Bob's doing.

He's not really going for treatment. It's a Bible work camp only.

And I doubt Anna has any say in anything.

I suspect Annas family pushed him into it as well, if only to get him away from her for a while. They wanted her to leave him, but her parents brainwashed her too much to.

I would be very surprised if Anna had much if any input during 'picking a therapy/work camp' process. Somehow I can't see her, Josh, and his parents sitting around a table comparing various pray Satan's fortress away retreats and going over their pros and cons.

I suspect Annas family pushed him into it as well, if only to get him away from her for a while. They wanted her to leave him, but her parents brainwashed her too much to.

I thought the general concensus was that her parents were encouraging her to stay with Joshley and forgive, which was a point of contention with her brother who wanted her to get out. Which part of her family do you think was pushing for him to go to "treatment" to get away from her? Other siblings? Different view of her parents? I can't see her brother pushing for a Jesus Jail type option, but I could easily be wrong.

(Not attacking, just genuinely curious about the family members taking part in your theory)

And this is why I think the exposure of Josh's deeds is a good thing all around. The dam is starting to break. It appears that Josh and JD are both questioning their parents' and Gothard's beliefs. Some of the other unmarried adults might also be questioning. They ALL need to be able to question and decide for themselves. The cancellation of the show makes this all possible, if not flat out necessary. Josh/Anna, Jill/Derick and Jessa/Ben all need to figure out how to support a family without an easy TLC or FRC paycheck. It's going to require questioning and some critical thinking.

A lot depends on how strongly fear motivates the kids to follow after JB and J'M in their supposed path of election as God's chosen ones. This is Gothard ideology, but I've seen no evidence--other than persuasive smugness--that this fear of falling from special grace has a major hold over all the kids. Josh has broken away in a most instinctual manner. That is, the only way out is a fall from grace. The idea that an adult child could leave the cult in a less self-destructive manner will come in time. Even then, it may take years before recognizing the damage done by the ATI/BPFL ideology.

That is, the only way out is a fall from grace. The idea that an adult child could leave the cult in a less self-destructive manner will come in time.

I think this may be what we're seeing in JD. He has his own job, his own house but isn't publicly defying official Duggar values. If he is sleeping in that house then he's not doing it officially. Joe going to crown could again be a sign of subtle drift, he wanted to leave home and by going to crown he did it on compromise with parents. Those two could well be drifting away intentionally without a blow out or self destructing.

I think this may be what we're seeing in JD. He has his own job, his own house but isn't publicly defying official Duggar values. If he is sleeping in that house then he's not doing it officially. Joe going to crown could again be a sign of subtle drift, he wanted to leave home and by going to crown he did it on compromise with parents. Those two could well be drifting away intentionally without a blow out or self destructing.

I think you are right, at least for a few years. I think some of the howlers or lost girls will be the 1st to really cause trouble. The older ones are too far in I think, they are very invested in the care and support of the younger ones. They may drift away and more subtly become normal functioning members of society, while still maintaining a relationship with the family. I doubt it will be in a big explosive way, like an out of wedlock pregnancy, coming out, being GASP liberal, or some other horrific sinful worldly abomination. I see them playing the game the girls will probably go through courtships and marry, just maybe not daddy selected men. Perhaps Jill or Jessa will find friends from church, or friends of family of Derick and Ben that the 3 older girls would find suitable husband material. I don't know, but I do know that this is real life not TV, and things aren't going to resolve by the end of the season, we can all sit here waiting but we maybe waiting YEARS for anything major to happen again.

I think you are right, at least for a few years. I think some of the howlers or lost girls will be the 1st to really cause trouble. The older ones are too far in I think, they are very invested in the care and support of the younger ones. They may drift away and more subtly become normal functioning members of society, while still maintaining a relationship with the family. I doubt it will be in a big explosive way, like an out of wedlock pregnancy, coming out, being GASP liberal, or some other horrific sinful worldly abomination. I see them playing the game the girls will probably go through courtships and marry, just maybe not daddy selected men. Perhaps Jill or Jessa will find friends from church, or friends of family of Derick and Ben that the 3 older girls would find suitable husband material. I don't know, but I do know that this is real life not TV, and things aren't going to resolve by the end of the season, we can all sit here waiting but we maybe waiting YEARS for anything major to happen again.

I remember Jezebel predicting who'd leave- they mentioned JD and basically said that he seems like he mostly does his own thing. They seemed to think that at this point JD was going along to get along; while he does the overseas trips, he lives by himself and has made allusions to the fact that the "marriage thing might be bullshit." So, along with Joseph, maybe they're just making a fade out to normal conservative christian lifestyle. Although, keep in mind, maybe if they find a fundie woman they like maybe they'd find they quite like the thing where they have a woman that cooks, cleans, puts out and doesn't question their authority, like Joshy did.

But I think it'd be more likely to be a lost girl. Or two.

But who says kids aren't planning to make a break for it right now? TBH all we really see is what we hear from the tabloids...

JD may have some freedom and why rock the boat and make it a big deal?

I think once the girls realize it, they may be able to have the courage to allow themselves some freedom I think depending on who Jinger and Joy marry they may break away at least a bit, like still keep mom and dad's rules int heir home, but more lax in their own.

I was really hoping Jill would have a revelation in South America, realizing her dad's Spanish skills suck and are insulting. Maybe working with sexual assault/abuse victims she'd realize that what was done to her by Josh and subsequently covered up by her parents was not okay and want better for Israel and his future siblings.

I remember Jezebel predicting who'd leave- they mentioned JD and basically said that he seems like he mostly does his own thing. They seemed to think that at this point JD was going along to get along; while he does the overseas trips, he lives by himself and has made allusions to the fact that the "marriage thing might be bullshit." So, along with Joseph, maybe they're just making a fade out to normal conservative christian lifestyle. Although, keep in mind, maybe if they find a fundie woman they like maybe they'd find they quite like the thing where they have a woman that cooks, cleans, puts out and doesn't question their authority, like Joshy did.

But I think it'd be more likely to be a lost girl. Or two.

But who says kids aren't planning to make a break for it right now? TBH all we really see is what we hear from the tabloids...

Don't think I'm not secretly hoping that come, October whatever, when Joy turns 18 Jana and Jinger grab her and RUN! That would be truly awesome! :mrgreen:

Don't think I'm not secretly hoping that come, October whatever, when Joy turns 18 Jana and Jinger grab her and RUN! That would be truly awesome! :mrgreen:

They won't, even if they wanted to leave, they're not abandoning the lost girls.

Public rebellion (from an unmarried one) will have to wait till the howlers do it or until the lost girls are older that they can do it or the big ones aren't afraid of what will happen to them if they leave.

Regarding the kids and careers. I sort of tuned out the show after the Jubilee fiasco so I may have missed things, but did JD ever say he wants to be a professional pilot one day? I sort of assumed it was a hobby. Also, some people have mentioned that Jinger is a "photographer". I know she was taking pictures of Jill & Derrick pre-wedding, but have she actually had paid photo shoots? Again, I thought this was her hobby.

JD may have some freedom and why rock the boat and make it a big deal?

I think once the girls realize it, they may be able to have the courage to allow themselves some freedom I think depending on who Jinger and Joy marry they may break away at least a bit, like still keep mom and dad's rules int heir home, but more lax in their own.

I was really hoping Jill would have a revelation in South America, realizing her dad's Spanish skills suck and are insulting. Maybe working with sexual assault/abuse victims she'd realize that what was done to her by Josh and subsequently covered up by her parents was not okay and want better for Israel and his future siblings.

I think that's wishful thinking. Judging by the Fox News interview, Jill is very much in support of Josh and believes the public is hurting her more than he ever did...

Archived