IGNORED

Clark Wilson has cancer

ladyaudley

It appears Clark Wilson has been diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. They found out when he threw an apple and the bone in his arm shattered.

the Duggars posted a link to the gofundme page gofundme.com/anry5rek

his name rings and bell and his seems familiar...was he in an episode somewhere?

that is just truly heartbreaking. what a horrible way to find out, too! makes me cringe.

Isn't he the one who helped build the Bates house? I hope he can pull through. Does he have a family?

He's also featured in their own show early on (or maybe in a special?). He helped them build their own house. He's shown talking to TLC's decorator that they sent in. Big burly guy with a beard. I believe he has a family, but for some reason I'm thinking like 5 kids????

He's also featured in their own show early on (or maybe in a special?). He helped them build their own house. He's shown talking to TLC's decorator that they sent in. Big burly guy with a beard. I believe he has a family, but for some reason I'm thinking like 5 kids????

So sad. Just went to the gofundme page and it shows that he has 9 children. Don't think he has health insurance. I hope his treatment puts him in remission.

Clark Wilson is the guy who crashed and fell on Jim Bob when they went roller-skating in an episode... Then Joy made some remark about his weight and when she was called-out on it she said "That's what JILL said!" :?

Yes, the Duggars have been friends with them for years. They came with them to see the Bates' and do their house-addition. And there was another one in the Duggar home later; the episode where Josie was on the way and it was first announced. Yes, 9 kids. The oldest is in her 30s and there are some 20-somethings, teens, and I think the youngest is about 8-10. 6 boys, 3 girls. No married ones that I know of. They do music tours too.

Clark Wilson and family were also part of the initial episodes of the Bates house expansion.

i thought i remembered seeing him, it's been so long since i've seen the early episodes. this is really sad. :(

I believe he has a family, but for some reason I'm thinking like 5 kids????
There are nine kids pictured in the gofundme link above.

That's a sad story. I'm very reluctant expressing my sympathy with fundies these days but for some reason I feel really sorry for this guy. Maybe because he seems to be a really hard-working man who has no problem giving his work force for free if he can help others. Hopefully he'll recover quickly.

Im sorry for Clark W, too, but 9 kids and no health insurance. I do remember him in the early seasons of the Duggars. He could get covered by Cancer Care. Im not sure if I would want any DUggar collecting money for me, though.

Im sorry for Clark W, too, but 9 kids and no health insurance. I do remember him in the early seasons of the Duggars. He could get covered by Cancer Care. Im not sure if I would want any DUggar collecting money for me, though.

I'm surprised he didn't have any form of coverage. Does it say in the go fund me thing How old the kids r.

I'm surprised he didn't have any form of coverage. Does it say in the go fund me thing How old the kids r.

BullJBG posted about the age of the kids above. Im not surprised he has no insurance since many Fundies are against it.

I'm sorry he has cancer, but I have no desire to enable him in the fundie life style. Insurance exists for a reason. Get some.

So, where does this guy fit in the Duggar picture? Would he be one of the elders of their little church that was involved in the conferencing on how to solve a problem like Joshie? And a pile of kids, some in their twenties and thirties and possibly all unmarried, so maybe another patriarch keeping all his arrows safe in his quiver?

I want to sympathize because just on a human level he's got a rough road to travel, and I do feel for the suffering his family is going through. But... too many wholesome looking fundie families are turning out to be complete horror shows. Jim Bob and Michael Pearl going around acting like sexual abuse is just a sad but commonplace happening in good Christian families gives me the twitches about all of them. Not fair at all, but there I am.

I hope the family doesn't suffer too much hardship because of their patriarch's probable pigheaded attitudes about insurance and that he gets the treatment he needs.

Archived